DCEU: Wonder Woman

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
THIS Batman/Superman will drop in ticket sales, which I'm sure you understood me to mean.

Got ya. You might be right but it will still make alot of money.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
A Wonder Woman WWI stand-alone movie sounds good to me! I think this version of the character was the best thing Snyder did in BvS.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A Wonder Woman WWI stand-alone movie sounds good to me! I think this version of the character was the best thing Snyder did in BvS.

I agree...WW rocked,.. and I will definitely be going to see the stand alone movie next year.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robin Wright as Hippolyta?

Nope.

Here is our first look at Diana's mother, Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), and her two military aunts - General Antiope (Robin Wright) and Antiope's lieutenant, Menalippe (Lisa Loven Kongsli).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sunday WAS Easter, after all. Sheesh. I know you WANT this movie to fail so badly, but come on.

I wanted the movie to be good, despite how awful it looked. Well, it turned out awful. Now I want the movie to fail spectacularly and lose money simply because I don't want Snyder pumping out tons of awful movies and ruining these awesome characters for a decade or more. DC was absurd to go with Snyder, and Snyder was absurd to throw such a jumble onto the big screen. It sucks, and I don't want more suckage to come out. Simple as that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wanted the movie to be good, despite how awful it looked. Well, it turned out awful. Now I want the movie to fail spectacularly and lose money simply because I don't want Snyder pumping out tons of awful movies and ruining these awesome characters for a decade or more. DC was absurd to go with Snyder, and Snyder was absurd to throw such a jumble onto the big screen. It sucks, and I don't want more suckage to come out. Simple as that.

You're speaking to air right now. Regardless of the Easter dropoff, the movie broke records, so your rhetoric isn't going to work, unfortunately. That's par for the course for any big movie. This could have been directed by Brett Ratner and it still would have made a ton of money.

The only hope we have is that WB has some issue with Snyder and basically blackballs him and turns it over to someone else. Heck, it's worked with Marvel and Joss Whedon/Jon Favreau.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're speaking to air right now. Regardless of the Easter dropoff, the movie broke records, so your rhetoric isn't going to work, unfortunately. That's par for the course for any big movie. This could have been directed by Brett Ratner and it still would have made a ton of money.

The only hope we have is that WB has some issue with Snyder and basically blackballs him and turns it over to someone else. Heck, it's worked with Marvel and Joss Whedon/Jon Favreau.

One could hope they boot Snyder. Although from what I read Whedon decided to jump ship during the filming of the second Avengers. Sounds like he walked verses being blackballed. Not sure what happened with Favreau. Is he really black balled either? Are you referring to Whedon's attempt at writing Wonder Woman and the studio not liking it?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
One could hope they boot Snyder. Although from what I read Whedon decided to jump ship during the filming of the second Avengers. Sounds like he walked verses being blackballed. Not sure what happened with Favreau. Is he really black balled either? Are you referring to Whedon's attempt at writing Wonder Woman and the studio not liking it?

I thought Whedon "walked" just to avoid the eventual ousting that was to come. Part of it was probably burnout, but I'm not so sure he wasn't "forced" out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Whedon "walked" just to avoid the eventual ousting that was to come. Part of it was probably burnout, but I'm not so sure he wasn't "forced" out.

Almost everything I have read said that once the studio made him make changes, his mind was made up to just part ways. Maybe the studio came to the same conclusion. I doubt he is blackballed though. Money talks and he established himself by giving them two of their biggest hits and setting the direction with one of their most valued franchises. Not to mention he is still working as producer on Agents of Shield and penning 5 episodes this season. If he was blackballed I would think he would have been removed from everything.

We will see Whedon work again. Probably something small since he said before he did the second Avengers movie he wanted to do something besides a big blockbuster again.

Update: I just found this. He wants to create another female hero franchise.

http://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-new-marvel-movie-female-batman/

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Almost everything I have read said that once the studio made him make changes, his mind was made up to just part ways. Maybe the studio came to the same conclusion. I doubt he is blackballed though. Money talks and he established himself by giving them two of their biggest hits and setting the direction with one of their most valued franchises. Not to mention he is still working as producer on Agents of Shield and penning 5 episodes this season. If he was blackballed I would think he would have been removed from everything.

We will see Whedon work again. Probably something small since he said before he did the second Avengers movie he wanted to do something besides a big blockbuster again.

Update: I just found this. He wants to create another female hero franchise.

http://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-new-marvel-movie-female-batman/

Right. I'm actually worried about Marvel right now. Yeah, they're hitting home runs, but it seems like Feige (sp?) is becoming too much of a control freak. Some of the stuff the stories say he wanted to force Whedon to cut from and include in Ultron is crazy. He's on record saying he doesn't think Black Widow could support her own movie. Troublesome, to be sure.

Granted, Chap, the movie will make enough that they probably won't force Snyder out, but I can dream, can't I? There's still the chance it's not a huge money maker, once the budget and advertising is factored in. I mean, it'll make a lot, but not as much compared to the cost outlays.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. I'm actually worried about Marvel right now. Yeah, they're hitting home runs, but it seems like Feige (sp?) is becoming too much of a control freak. Some of the stuff the stories say he wanted to force Whedon to cut from and include in Ultron is crazy. He's on record saying he doesn't think Black Widow could support her own movie. Troublesome, to be sure.

Not only that but with all the movies and tv shows? I think hero films are on the bubble. If not already, they will be soon. People sooner or later are going to be sick of them. Especially, if they become sterilized canned experiences. If you want to keep audiences interested...don't screw with your creative teams.

Stout

Reaction score
Not only that but with all the movies and tv shows? I think hero films are on the bubble. If not already, they will be soon. People sooner or later are going to be sick of them. Especially, if they become sterilized canned experiences. If you want to keep audiences interested...don't screw with your creative teams.

Yeah, Agents of Shield is pretty much finished in quality, especially letting so many actors go--and for a watered-down spinoff, from my understanding. I want to keep watching a while merely to see how it ties in with Civil War. Agent Carter is banging, as are the Netflix properties, but...yeah, there will come a time when the run comes to an end.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, Agents of Shield is pretty much finished in quality, especially letting so many actors go--and for a watered-down spinoff, from my understanding. I want to keep watching a while merely to see how it ties in with Civil War. Agent Carter is banging, as are the Netflix properties, but...yeah, there will come a time when the run comes to an end.

I thought Agent Carter was exceptionally weak in season 2, and I think the network agrees--it's most likely cancelled.

The Netflix properties are the best simply because of the realism that they employ--there's very little "superhero" aspects to these shows, even though Jessica Jones had super strength. I'm really interested to see how they use Luke Cage.

But ironically DC is having a great year with their television properties, especially The Flash. Arrow is stale and generally unlikable nowadays and Legends of Tomorrow is too flashy and cheesy with terrible acting and writing, but they are all great cash cows for The CW. Supergirl seems to have a lot of fans at CBS as well.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am still enjoying AOS but you a right that there will come a time when it all ends. So, I am just going to sit back and enjoy it. When this run of films/tv shows is over....who knows how long it will be before we see something like this again. This really is a renascence of sorts for the hero genre in film/tv.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
I thought Agent Carter was exceptionally weak in season 2, and I think the network agrees--it's most likely cancelled.

The Netflix properties are the best simply because of the realism that they employ--there's very little "superhero" aspects to these shows, even though Jessica Jones had super strength. I'm really interested to see how they use Luke Cage.

But ironically DC is having a great year with their television properties, especially The Flash. Arrow is stale and generally unlikable nowadays and Legends of Tomorrow is too flashy and cheesy with terrible acting and writing, but they are all great cash cows for The CW. Supergirl seems to have a lot of fans at CBS as well.

Yeah, I keep forgetting about the DC TV shows. I don't watch them, so they slip past my attention, but good point. Another good point about the realism in the Netflix Marvel properties. I hadn't viewed it like that, although I'd argue Daredevil has abilities too.

Whoa, we'll have to greatly agree to disagree about Agent Carter. I and everyone I know thinks they knocked it out of the park, and that it's 100x the show Agents of Shield will ever be. A friend commented that he wishes they'd cancel Shield and just run seasons of Agent Carter. Sadly, I believe you're correct about the network. Unsurprising, really, in a Firefly kind of way.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, I keep forgetting about the DC TV shows. I don't watch them, so they slip past my attention, but good point. Another good point about the realism in the Netflix Marvel properties. I hadn't viewed it like that, although I'd argue Daredevil has abilities too.

Whoa, we'll have to greatly agree to disagree about Agent Carter. I and everyone I know thinks they knocked it out of the park, and that it's 100x the show Agents of Shield will ever be. A friend commented that he wishes they'd cancel Shield and just run seasons of Agent Carter. Sadly, I believe you're correct about the network. Unsurprising, really, in a Firefly kind of way.

Re: Agent Carter, after Season 1, I'd agree. But Season 2 is awful. Just awful.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they're like a month out of shooting Justice League 1 and 2 back to back. There's really no hope right now until both of those fail... but it's gonna be like 2020 by then.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not to mention Gotham just got renewed for S3 and Lucifer (which is DC but really nothing like the comics) will likely get S2.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they're like a month out of shooting Justice League 1 and 2 back to back. There's really no hope right now until both of those fail... but it's gonna be like 2020 by then.

Good point. By then I think the love affair for comic movies might have worn off anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen