Kobe and Rape

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kobe is an adulterous POS, but being a rapist was never proven in a court of law.

Anyone who cheers him on is a hypocrite. On one hand you're teaching your children (hopefully) morals and responsibility, taking them to church, teaching them the word of god. Yet you allow your children to cheer Kobe and ignore the fact that he is morally reprehensible, and is willing to call out his own teammates to save his own ass? Is this the role model you want for your children? Is this who you want them to aspire to be like? Treating women like they are pieces of meat and have no moral obligation to their marriage, children and associates?

I consider him no different that Pacman Jones and you put him on a pedistal because he can dunk a basketball. Way to raise them kids Laker fans!!!

:roll:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He even admitted it himself:

Yeah, he said "I told you that bitch crazy, but I'll do what I can to put this behind me. I'm sorry she thinks things that didn't happen happened, but I believe that her crazy mind thinks they did."

People who actually followed the case and read the information changed their minds when the stuff came out...people who thought he was guilty at first saw the court info and bailed on the case. The only people who still think he is guilty are the people who didn't read the information, who have a hate for the lakers or are simply delusional and need locked up.

BTW, I can make jokes about Kobe being a rapist...you people can not. Just like I can make fun of my mom but I'll slit your throats if you do (Gee...that's another example of hyperbole, fyi).

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is an adulterous POS, but being a rapist was never proven in a court of law.

Anyone who cheers him on is a hypocrite. On one hand you're teaching your children (hopefully) morals and responsibility, taking them to church, teaching them the word of god. Yet you allow your children to cheer Kobe and ignore the fact that he is morally reprehensible, and is willing to call out his own teammates to save his own ass? Is this the role model you want for your children? Is this who you want them to aspire to be like? Treating women like they are pieces of meat and have no moral obligation to their marriage, children and associates?

I consider him no different that Pacman Jones and you put him on a pedistal because he can dunk a basketball. Way to raise them kids Laker fans!!!

This is a decent argument, finally a voice of reason. However, I don't condone Kobe's lifestyle or any of the miscreants in the NBA. I don't want my kids following in Leinart's footsteps knocking up volleyball chicks while tasting Paris Hilton's herpes in the same week. I can see the difference between Kobe the guy and Kobe the basketball player.

I have personal heroes and football heroes and basketball heroes. Rarely is an athlete a hero as a person as well (other than Tillman). Most of the time, personal heroes to me like Martin Luther King even have their own adulterous flaws.

You shouldn't put ANYONE on a pedastal...think they are awesome for the great things they do, but don't emulate their bad.

BTW, Kevin Johnson had a shower incident with what, a 16 year old? Your old coach banged a colleague's wife? And when I was in college, Steve Nash banged the fiancee of the NAU center ending their relationship for a one night stand with cromagnon man (I knew both of the people..the ho and the center, who had a year in the NBA). That is one of the reasons I dislike Nash as a person...but I still think he's a great player. I think Nash is a horrible person, but as a point guard he is among the all time greats. Kobe seems to be a crappy husband (though a good dad) but is one of the all time greats. I pity you freaks who can't appreciate his game.

Haters, they gonna hate.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I can make jokes about Kobe being a rapist...you people can not. Just like I can make fun of my mom but I'll slit your throats if you do (Gee...that's another example of hyperbole, fyi).

LOL.. No you cant! Until you live in LA Kobe is free game game.. Even then, I wouldnt care lol.. Kobe the rapist Kobe the rapist!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL.. No you cant! Until you live in LA Kobe is free game game.. Even then, I wouldnt care lol.. Kobe the rapist Kobe the rapist!

You must not have gotten hugged enough as a kid.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

IMHO, threats of violence are not hyperbole, at least not the way you stated. Slitting someone's throat is not exactly an exaggerated possibility, especially to people who don't know you personally. Now if you said you'd slit Gee's throat with Kobe's "victim's" semen stained underpants.... now that is a little more hyperbole.

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
you can't wake up his brain... he's too busy thinking arsony thoughts.
Thanks--any support is good support.

But isn't he a rapist?
I swear that from this comment to the end of the thread I lol. No better proof exists that repetition can be funny--stale and trite, but funny.

so, when some one's retort to that remark is "kobe is a rapist", the idiot lakers fan thinks he won that argument. it comes across as a desperate "non-answer", that is, something that someone throws out when they can't argue a point.
I'm willing to admit that your post was funny, Jenna, and mine weren't. But you're wrong about the Lakerfan response--answer any praise of the Lakers with the R line and a good Laker fan's hair stands on end, brain curls up, lip rises to reveal fangs, and the dreaded words spring forth: "Well, he was never convicted." Neither was Nixon, of course--not even indicted (a Committee vote wouldn't count, and anyway, that's just impeachment).

BTW, why did you insert a picture of Dirk in a wig, clown suit, and dentures in your post? A picture of Kobe in that outfit--'Kobe the Clown'--that would be apropos.:D

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, when some one's retort to that remark is "kobe is a rapist", the idiot lakers fan thinks he won that argument. it comes across as a desperate "non-answer"

I start off convos with Kobe is a rapist.. So I cant be resorting to saying that.. Plus who says Im argueing? Im merely stating a fact, Kobe is a rapist.. :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, threats of violence are not hyperbole, at least not the way you stated. Slitting someone's throat is not exactly an exaggerated possibility, especially to people who don't know you personally. Now if you said you'd slit Gee's throat with Kobe's "victim's" semen stained underpants.... now that is a little more hyperbole.

I've been on this board for years. I've met Gee a few times and tons of people on here. If anyone thinks I would slit anyone's throat for talking about my mom I fear for their sanity. Sorry, but that is the definition of "extreme exaggeration for effect." "I'd punch you" is more in the realm of what you are reaching for...but if you hang around with people that you seriously think would slit someone's throat, you probably need to change zip codes. Maybe a move to tranquil Anthem would be in order. :)

And I wouldn't touch Kobe's hooker's semen stained panties, but from what the dna evidence in the pretrial showed, her painties were full of enough stuff they would sufficiently carve apart a diamond. Even a rape rock like Kobe bought his golddigging ex-video-ho wife.

OP
OP
jenna2891

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
I swear that from this comment to the end of the thread I lol. No better proof exists that repetition can be funny--stale and trite, but funny.

fair enough... i admit, there is a point when jokes go from funny to not funny at all to hilarious. tom leander is the perfect example of this. he used to piss me off no end, but now i miss him when gary bender is in because he is so ridiculous and i can't wait to hear what stupid, funny thing he says next.

I'm willing to admit that your post was funny, Jenna, and mine weren't. But you're wrong about the Lakerfan response--answer any praise of the Lakers with the R line and a good Laker fan's hair stands on end, brain curls up, lip rises to reveal fangs, and the dreaded words spring forth: "Well, he was never convicted." Neither was Nixon, of course--not even indicted (a Committee vote wouldn't count, and anyway, that's just impeachment).

i understand your point about the lakers fan's response. and that's exactly what i'm looking for in good, suns fan smack. i just think it has been overdone here to the point where it has lost its effect. basically, what it comes down to for me is that us suns fans are clearly the smarter breed, so i'd love to see what new, creative smack we come up with.

BTW, why did you insert a picture of Dirk in a wig, clown suit, and dentures in your post? A picture of Kobe in that outfit--'Kobe the Clown'--that would be apropos.:D

:golfclap:

nice!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i understand your point about the lakers fan's response. and that's exactly what i'm looking for in good, suns fan smack. i just think it has been overdone here to the point where it has lost its effect. basically, what it comes down to for me is that us suns fans are clearly the smarter breed, so i'd love to see what new, creative smack we come up with.

we

:D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. You are also told to not judge others, for that is God's responsibility.

Calling someone out for being a hypocrite, is hypocritical in itself.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. You are also told to not judge others, for that is God's responsibility.

I don't believe in god, thereby meaning I am not hypocrite

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

How about "he who has not raped, and then paid hush money to sweep it under the rug" cast the first stone.

Kobe is a punk.

and a rapist.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is NO evidence at all that he raped her. That's what I don't understand. He obviously made a judgement error, and has HUGE character flaws, but how can you say with certainty that he raped her?

...might as well bring up the whole story again.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is NO evidence at all that he raped her. That's what I don't understand. He obviously made a judgement error, and has HUGE character flaws, but how can you say with certainty that he raped her?

End result will be.. Kobe is a rapist..

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

She said so. That's good enough for me.

I detest all things Laker. All things.

What's funny is they are actually #3 on my hate list, behind the Yankees (#1) and the Cowboys (#2).

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

I thought the whole "rape" thing wasn't the sex but Kobe going for a move she wasn't cool with and doing it anyway. :shrug:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison