Western Conference Predictions

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is not in order of what teams I think are the best in the conference, but my guess as to where they will finish in the standings. Talent is a major factor but injuries and how motivated a team is to fight for a top playoff spot are also weighed in.

There are 4 teams I can see finishing with the best record... Denver, Sacramento, Phoenix and the Grizzlies.

I'm going with... Memphis. They've played very well with Ja out before, I think they're going to be really fired up, but I would put several teams above them as title favorites.

1. Grizzlies
2. Nuggets
3. Suns
4. Kings
5. Lakers
6. Thunder
7. Warriors
8. Clippers
9. Jazz
10. Wolves
11. Mavs
12. Spurs
13. Rockets
14. Pelicans
15. Blazers

I think the Pelicans are going to blow it up.

I think the Wolves should blow it up, but can't, because they owe all their picks to the Jazz.

I think my favorite, non-Suns, thing to watch will be the Mavs steady train wreck. Luka is one of the all time ball dominant players, Kyrie is useless without the ball... neither are keen on defense, Kidd can hardly manage his own ego, he will really struggle to manage Luka and Kyrie. Also, the rest of that roster sucks.

I hate what the Rockets did this off season, I wanted to put them lower but couldn't find see a path.

Despite slotting the Kings 4th, I think they'd be my second bet on a team to get the top seed. I think they're going to be super motivated and their home court is a real advantage, especially in the regular season.

The more I think about it, the more I want to drop the Nuggets to 4th based on the idea of Jokic showing up unmotivated and bored with regular season basketball... but I also think he's just too darn good for them to slip much.

The Lakers are my biggest variable. If LeBron and Davis combine for 120+ games, they could be really good... if LeBron's wheels finally fly off, they could be a train wreck.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I may have overrated the Lakers.

While their mid season acquisitions last year were great, Cam Reddish and Christian Wood are the exact kind of empty stat trash players that can ruin a team. Hayes is pretty freaking terrible as well. If/when AD gets hurt, they are in a world of trouble up front.

Lets hear some predictions people!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Suns
2. Nuggets
3. Thunder
4. Kings
5. Twolves
6. Warriors
7. Lakers
8. Grizzlies
9. Pelicans
10. Mavs
11. Jazz
12. Clippers
13. Spurs
14. Rockets
15. Blazers

Really I think 5-9 Could go in almost any order, but I think those are the teams that will be in that range

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, this year.
Yeah, I got that, I was just trying to have some fun with it. The "Suns in 6" started several decades ago with Joe Gilmartin and it seems like it's backfired every time it's been used.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kings
Nuggets
Suns
Grizzlies
Thunder
Warriors

Clippers, Mav's, and Lakers are play in teams. Pelicans too, probably.

Portland, Houston, San Antonio, and Wolves suck. Ant man requests a trade. Zion gets dealt also by New Orleans, which leads to a late season push.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I don't see it with the Grizz. Ja is going to be out 25 games, and Tyus Jones is no longer with the team as a steady backup. I guess they still have Bane, and swapped Brooks for Marcus Smart, but they're still missing a ton of offense compared to last year.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so many key players in the western conference are injury prone/Long in the tooth. I do think if the Phoenix Suns are healthy or at least healthy enough they are the best team in the conference. That said I wouldn't be shocked if and one of about one of eight or nine teams had the best record at the end of regular season.

Sacramento Kings
Phoenix suns
LA Clippers
Oklahoma City thunder
Denver Nuggets
LA Lakers
Memphis grizzlies
Golden State Warriors
New Orleans pelicans
Minnesota Timberwolves
Dallas Mavericks
Utah jazz