Worst case scenario

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards pick at 8 and no qb on the board of the top 3 and all the defensive guys were drafted.

so that leaves wr and ot.

Trade back.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards pick at 8 and no qb on the board of the top 3 and all the defensive guys were drafted.

Trade back.
Depends on what our draft board looks at that point? Which OT or WR do we have graded higher? If the highest graded ones are gone at that point, trade back, gain more picks & take the BPA. Some on here have said trading back four spots to like #12 only warrants a 3rd rounder. I say ask for a 2nd. If the team wanting to trade up really wants that player then they have to pay.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'm starting to buy into what mcshay is saying about love going before Herbert. I think it's a mistake but you know what they say all it takes is one team to fall in love (no pun intended) with a player. If that happens I think we could get some offers to move back.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my worst case?

Keim trades back into the low teens ( this isnt so bad), and then reaches to take a player
he gets fixated on
like Kenneth Murray, similar to the Hasaan Reddick and Deone Buchanon picks

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my worst case?

Keim trades back into the low teens ( this isnt so bad), and then reaches to take a player
he gets fixated on
like Kenneth Murray, similar to the Hasaan Reddick and Deone Buchanon picks

those picks got BA all over em.

I loved the Bucannon pick they ruined him by trying to make him an undersized linebacker

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Trade back.

If the QBs and best defensive prospects are gone, what's the incentive for any other team to trade up and use draft capital?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If the QBs and best defensive prospects are gone, what's the incentive for any other team to trade up and use draft capital?
I think you’d be looking at a “fit” situation. That is does some team believe that a particular OT or WR is much the best fit for their offense. The biggest problem is those teams usually try to buy on the cheap. That’s how you here the Broncos are offering a couple of 3s not a 2nd.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to buy into what mcshay is saying about love going before Herbert. I think it's a mistake but you know what they say all it takes is one team to fall in love (no pun intended) with a player. If that happens I think we could get some offers to move back.

I haven't been impressed with Herbert since a below average Arizona State defense made him look quite ordinary most of the game.

Of course I still want him drafted early so the Cardinals get a better choice of draft picks.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
Depends on what our draft board looks at that point? Which OT or WR do we have graded higher? If the highest graded ones are gone at that point, trade back, gain more picks & take the BPA. Some on here have said trading back four spots to like #12 only warrants a 3rd rounder. I say ask for a 2nd. If the team wanting to trade up really wants that player then they have to pay.

Depends how desperate the team wants to trade up Obviously. They would likely counter that the Cards need to throw in a 4 (or 5 which we don't have). There MIGHT be somebody desperate enough though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard