WK 7-Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread Oct 18-Oct 24, 2021

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You pretty much gotta play solid football for at least three quarters. The third quarter could rely more on a run first approach to drain out clock with occasional deep ball (kind of like Browns game). If we are up at least 3 touchdowns (maybe even 17), then I say we can start rotating some starters out partway in the 4th, and Kyler around ~5-10 minute mark.

I know it can happen at any time, but I will never forget that Eagle game where HB tore his acl and Palmer hurt his finger, which effectively lost us our season that day. It just wasn't realized until later. Palmer was 100% different after that and it was very noticeable. Those both happened in the 4q, fairly deep in I think. That was probably the best team we have ever had, with this team able to surpass it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the relation to Ouchie.

I said "I don't see them keeping starters out enough to make it a huge win. That's why that 17 point line might be a closer call than people think."

Did you see the enough part? Im not suggesting they are going to sit a bunch of starters. But might Murphy only play half his usual snaps and see Hamilton take some? Might Edmonds sit for Conner with his nagging injury? Might Nuk be protected and instead of playing 95% of snaps play 75%?

And then in Q4 I would expect to see a bunch of McCoy.

you talked about Colt McCoy coming in the third quarter. if you'd like to backtrack on that statement fine, but that was part of the ridiculousness I was initially responding to that we'd take out our most important players like the guy who plays IN FRONT of Colt McCoy. And no... they're still not going to rest Nuk in a game that close.

seriously... it's just okay to admit you're wrong once in a while. I have about this entire season and Keim's FA so far. I promise you it didn't kill me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you talked about Colt McCoy coming in the third quarter. if you'd like to backtrack on that statement fine, but that was part of the ridiculousness I was initially responding to that we'd take out our most important players like the guy who plays IN FRONT of Colt McCoy. And no... they're still not going to rest Nuk in a game that close.

seriously... it's just okay to admit you're wrong once in a while. I have about this entire season and Keim's FA so far. I promise you it didn't kill me.

There's a difference between what I said and what you interpreted. That's the problem.

I was simply pointing out that with a tough TNF game coming up I think we would see enough reduction of talent on the field to not run away with it and land a big 40+ total while still having enough to see the game out. I didn't intend to suggest we were going to go full on second string, just rest a starter here of there for a drive or so. Especially the beat up ones like Edmonds, CJ, Beachum, Murphy, Hicks etc and yes, considering there has been some concern about his shoulder and it's a short week eventually McCoy.

The Texans are averaging 8.2 points per game with Mills at QB. I think we can see out a quarter and a half or so of resting a few guys without having to worry too much.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Texans by 17. The Texans get 7 safeties and a field goal.
Agreed, this will be the game that the Cards lay an egg. Texans will play extra hard to upset the cards. History tells us that the Cards, with wind behind their backs and the media on the bandwagon, means bad luck is a sure thing. It’s the Cardinal way.

Texans 30 Cards 27

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinals are vastly overrated and the Texans will prove they are the better team.
And johnson will be lucky to get 30 yds total :) but as always thanks for nuk johnson he should be in cards ring of honor for that

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's a difference between what I said and what you interpreted. That's the problem.

I was simply pointing out that with a tough TNF game coming up I think we would see enough reduction of talent on the field to not run away with it and land a big 40+ total while still having enough to see the game out. I didn't intend to suggest we were going to go full on second string, just rest a starter here of there for a drive or so. Especially the beat up ones like Edmonds, CJ, Beachum, Murphy, Hicks etc and yes, considering there has been some concern about his shoulder and it's a short week eventually McCoy.

The Texans are averaging 8.2 points per game with Mills at QB. I think we can see out a quarter and a half or so of resting a few guys without having to worry too much.
Whatever you meant and whatever anyone interpreted you suggested playing McCoy in the third quarter up by 14. How else were we supposed to interpret what you meant?