WK 4-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread Sept 27 - Oct 2, 2021

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Watching this years crop of rookie QB's it makes you appreciate more how Kyler performed in 2019 as a rookie. We didn't win a lot of games because the roster sucked but certainly Kyler performed far better than any of the current crop of rookies from game 1. Even Lawrence, who has been billed as the next Andrew Luck.

I have been critical of his development curve which hasn't been as steep as I'd like, but no doubt it was far better from day 1.
The thing is, there was a few year period where quite a few young QBs played decently right away.

That doesn't happen too often.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching this years crop of rookie QB's it makes you appreciate more how Kyler performed in 2019 as a rookie. We didn't win a lot of games because the roster sucked but certainly Kyler performed far better than any of the current crop of rookies from game 1. Even Lawrence, who has been billed as the next Andrew Luck.

I have been critical of his development curve which hasn't been as steep as I'd like, but no doubt it was far better from day 1.

What makes it impressive is the lack of PT he had in college too. Lawrence and Wilson played far more. Even Mac Jones had more college attempts than Kyler did. Lance not exactly a surprise he's not playing much he's so inexperienced he had just over half the attempts Kyler did in college so he's the one of the four that gets the most benefit of the doubt from me.

Fields more attempts than Kyler but I cut him slack too he moved around

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Simple throw, but I think he's going to have to do more jump like throws against the Rams. Whatever helps keep the chains moving and finds throwing lanes.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simple throw, but I think he's going to have to do more jump like throws against the Rams. Whatever helps keep the chains moving and finds throwing lanes.
Omg, shades of YA Tittle...

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you could stack those two and they wouldn't be as tall as Jonathan Ogden.
I met JO once he lives here in Vegas. He was super nice. And I’m not a small guy AT ALL good lord that guy is a mountain of a man. He was HUGE and when he shook my hand his mitts were freaking masssive.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am going to keep my perspective on this one. Even if the Rams blow our doors off in the first meeting, it does not mean the Cards have a bad team but that the Rams are that much better than everyone else at the moment. Stay healthy, learn, just make the playoffs and then clip those guys later for all the marbles... & thank the football gods this is not baseball or basketball where you have to win a best of series :)

Last edited:

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we somehow manage to beat them, I’ll be curious to see how many will have us #1 in the power rankings. Man that’s really fun to think about…

I'd guess zero. Some rankings I've seen don't even have them top 10.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I like the fact that there is the streak and no one gives us much of a chance. If the NFL proves anything each week, what you think is a sure thing isn't. That's why the books make billions off of bettors.

If I could make the game how I wanted it, I would have us down 10 at halftime and come back to win it. End McVays streak against the Cards + end his unbeaten leading at halftime streak.
Why, that's just hateful!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think next week’s game will tell me more about this team than this week.

The Rams are a super bowl favorite and until we actually beat them, they’re our daddy.

But a good playoff contender beats the Niners at home after a loss. We do that and I think we can make some noise in January.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think next week’s game will tell me more about this team than this week.

The Rams are a super bowl favorite and until we actually beat them, they’re our daddy.

But a good playoff contender beats the Niners at home after a loss. We do that and I think we can make some noise in January.
What if we finally beat LA but lose to SF

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if we finally beat LA but lose to SF

Eh... who knows. That’s a team that can get hot and go on a run but one that’s probably not totally ready for prime time in Feb.