Wk 14-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/6/21-12/12/21

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah the Rams haven't really captured LA yet. They are new there and a lot of people grew up supporting other teams so for football they don;t have the same reach.
*shrugs...and some of us have been fans consistently since the 60's.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They gotta prove they can handle big games at home with all eyes on them. We’ve done a great job killing people, continually flying under the radar. We’ve only had ONE prime time game and we came out flat.

This is the game to show everyone is the Cards are who we think they are!
I think because of that packers game we win this week. They’ve experienced the big lights National attention and learned what it means to come out slow. They also learned that they could win it as they were right there if AJ turned around. I think they’re better prepared this time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
*shrugs...and some of us have been fans consistently since the 60's.
Diehards of every team definitely exist. Heck in the awful cardinals years there were us stalwarts at the games and posting here. More power to the diehards who stick by bad teams. We enjoy the good years more than other fans.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Curious how Ernest Jones with more experience and Von Miller with a few weeks under his belt impacts their defense.

Its great getting Chase back. 12 carries for 120 yards last time. James Conner was great in the redzone, but overall had 18 carries for just 50 yards.

Maxx probably had his best game with 5 catches for 66 yards TD.

I think a fresh Chase and Ertz have big games.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams have to know that this is the biggest game left on their schedule. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at us. I think Stafford is gonna fold under the pressure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious how Ernest Jones with more experience and Von Miller with a few weeks under his belt impacts their defense.

Its great getting Chase back. 12 carries for 120 yards last time. James Conner was great in the redzone, but overall had 18 carries for just 50 yards.

Maxx probably had his best game with 5 catches for 66 yards TD.

I think a fresh Chase and Ertz have big games.

They said no Chase until Detroit probably.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel like beating the team that eliminated you from the playoffs last year to clinch a playoff spot on the biggest stage should be incentive enough.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vengeance, revenge, need, desperation has NEVER won a game.

You know what wins games. Talent, planning and players executing the plan.

It’s 2021. We are the big kids on the block. It’s our house and it’s the perfect time to put a stamp on this season. Beating the preseason division winning favorites, clinching a playoff spot are quite an incentive.

The Rams will not win this game because “ they want it more” or “ they need it more”. The Rams are formidable. On paper they are among the better teams. But something is missing.

This game is going to be a roller coaster ride and a shootout. It comes down to the quarterbacks. That being said, Stafford will crack, Kyler won’t.

Playoffs this week, division crown next week.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, your basic garden variety hate will motivate anyone. Sometimes all you need is a club. Doesn't matter what your opponent has.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And they still have that bum Matt Stafford throwing the ball. Hasn’t beat a good team in his 15 years of the NFL.

30-24 Cards

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
As usual..... It's a home game and I'm nervous. The Rams have the higher "desperation quotient" IMO and can combine that with getting blasted at home. Both teams know that if the Cards win, the division race is over, so I expect a big playoff atmosphere. Something we definitely need to feel.

I really hope we walk on the field with a mean streak though. These guys can be punched in the mouth.

Personally, everyone who says that they hope Stafford chokes is going to get disappointed IMO. He is a bit better than all of those Lions games he played.

And I really hope our pass rush is better than the one we had in Chicago.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As usual..... It's a home game and I'm nervous. The Rams have the higher "desperation quotient" IMO and can combine that with getting blasted at home. Both teams know that if the Cards win, the division race is over, so I expect a big playoff atmosphere. Something we definitely need to feel.

I really hope we walk on the field with a mean streak though. These guys can be punched in the mouth.

Personally, everyone who says that they hope Stafford chokes is going to get disappointed IMO. He is a bit better than all of those Lions games he played.

Reference Stafford:

Is he though? He has already shown to be the “Lion like QB in several games this year” Even the talent level and coaching of the Rams couldn’t stop it from coming out of him. He was pretty lionesque for the 3 games prior to the lowly Jags coming to town to help make him feel whole again.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

agree with all of this

its hard to beat a good team twice in a season. It will take top effort to beat the Rams

i thought the key to the first game was that the Cards were by far more physical on both lines than the Rams