Wk 14-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/6/21-12/12/21

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As usual..... It's a home game and I'm nervous. The Rams have the higher "desperation quotient" IMO and can combine that with getting blasted at home. Both teams know that if the Cards win, the division race is over, so I expect a big playoff atmosphere. Something we definitely need to feel.

I really hope we walk on the field with a mean streak though. These guys can be punched in the mouth.

Personally, everyone who says that they hope Stafford chokes is going to get disappointed IMO. He is a bit better than all of those Lions games he played.

And I really hope our pass rush is better than the one we had in Chicago.
Based off of what?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They gotta prove they can handle big games at home with all eyes on them. We’ve done a great job killing people, continually flying under the radar. We’ve only had ONE prime time game and we came out flat.

This is the game to show everyone is the Cards are who we think they are!
We’re they flat or we’re they nervous? We came in undefeated, national TV, against the media darling Packers. Just hoping we learned from that game & we’re ready to play right out of the gate.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Reference Stafford:

Is he though? He has already shown to be the “Lion like QB in several games this year” Even the talent level and coaching of the Rams couldn’t stop it from coming out of him. He was pretty lionesque for the 3 games prior to the lowly Jags coming to town to help make him feel whole again.
I agree slightly. The dude has looked poor in a few games recently. Will we cause the same havoc in the backfield? I hope so.

Our guys still have to prove they can play consistently at home, stop the run consistently, and keep our pass rush aggressive for an entire game.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Based off of what?

He bolded your Stafford comments
Ahhh..... Missed that. Thank you.

I think the Lions were a dumpster fire in most cases and his previous games may not have all rested on his shoulders. And the Rams have been trying to find themselves this year. First, integrating Stafford. Then losing Woods and replacing him with OBJ. And now introducing more 12 personnel sets over the past game or two.

I think 12 personnel may favor Stafford a bit more than the 11 personnel sets and slinging it all over the field. ESPECIALLY, if we have problems (again) stopping the run.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cards are 2-1 when I've been able to see them at the new stadium.

Matt Leinarts first start against Chiefs.
Playoff game against Falcons.
BAs first game against Colts.

I'd like to see them be 3-1 after Monday night. I truly think the only way Cardinals lose, is if they make mistakes like they did against Packers.

Everyone thought he was the QBOTF after the first quarter:
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm, I'm guessing you haven't personally played or coached a whole lot of sports because this statement of yours is patently false.
Wrong. I’ve coach sports. You can have all the vengeance and urgency in the world and it won’t help you to victory if you fail to execute at a high level.
You don’t win just because you’re pissed off. It may raise your adrenaline or effort but it does not mean an automatic victory.
I won’t bemoan this. My whole point is when I hear, “ Oh the Rams are going to be motivate” or “ The Rams need this more than us so this is going to be a tough game to win”. Bull crap.

We are motivated too! We can clinch a playoff spot. We can virtually win the division that nobody thought we’d be able to do including me. We can slay the naysayers. How’s that for motivation? But all that does not win the game if we turn the ball over 5 times or miss a game winning fg in the last 3 seconds.

I refuse to believe the Rams have any more incentives to win this game than us. The team that executes the best will win, no matter how badly one team or the other needs it.

Last edited: