Wk 14-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/6/21-12/12/21

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If Rams use Green Bay approach with Henderson and Michel it could be very effective.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Vance is going to have to decide if he wants his defense to keep flip-flopping or not because those gaps occurred due to Chicago hurrying to the line and then all of their pre-snap movement. D-line wasn't shifting fat enough, Simmons was consistently out of position and DBs were flying across the field so fast they were a non-factor in the run game.
give Nagy credit: pretty much the opposite of the conventional wisdom on how to play vs the Cards

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The pressure is on them.
This is exactly right

Even last time it felt like they were worried about us. Gambled on a 4th down early needlessly because they were worried about our scoring power.

They made mistakes.

Mistakes that we've been the ones making previously but roles reversed and now they were under pressure.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The big reason was an absolutely putrid defensive game plan.
I felt like we didnt try to establish the run game early against them either. Maybe 4 carries by the rbs in the 1st half? While it sucks that Chase got hurt and Kyler got hurt it forced Kliff to get Conner involved early. Not just as a powerback to close games out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The fans will have a big say in the result. The Rams don't have a big national fan base like GB or the Steelers so shouldn't be the usual issues of home games looking like road games. Hopefully.

If we can get Pugh back, and Edmonds. That would be massive too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Rams don't have a big national fan base like GB or the Steelers so shouldn't be the usual issues of home games looking like road games.
on one hand -- California has been the number 1 source for people moving to AZ for the last several years -- split between the LA basin and the Bay Area

while the LA group will absolutely show up for the Dodgers or the Lakers -- i just dont get the same sense regarding the Rams

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PFT’s Week 14 2021 power rankings

1. Cardinals (10-2, last week No. 1): It doesn’t matter that they went 2-1 without him; if the Cardinals get the No. 1 seed in the NFC , Kyler Murray is the MVP.

2. Patriots (9-4, No. 2): Whatever it takes. Wherever it happens. Whoever is available. Whichever way the wind is blowing.

3. Packers (9-3, No. 3): The NFC North is in the bag. The real question is whether they’ll be the No. 1 seed.

4. Buccaneers (9-3, No. 4): The Bucs will cut Antonio Brown only if Tom Brady lets them. In other words, they won’t be cutting him.

5. Chiefs (8-4, No. 6): The defense will carry them to the playoffs. The offense will have to carry them to a championship, if it can.

6. Rams (8-4, No. 7): Beating the Jaguars doesn’t mean anything. If the Rams want to change minds, they need to beat the Cardinals on Monday night.

7. Cowboys (8-4, No. 8): The division title that was in the bag is back out of the bag, thanks to Washington climbing off the mat.

8. Ravens (8-4, No. 5): It feels like they’re limping toward the finish line. If they get to the playoffs, what will they have left?

9. Titans (8-4, No. 10): Their bye came at a perfect time. They now need to get back to winning.

10. Colts (7-6, No. 12): They maybe should have saved a few of those points for future games.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Calais Campbell has been inactive healthy in his rookie season, thats happen when the team is pretty good overall and u don't need to push rookies
Wilson played early cause of Malcom butler retirement otherwise would have been more on the bench
Maybe Collins is not the player worth the first time round grade, but its premature now
Gardeck, is coming from a serious knee injury, has been expected his struggles this season

PFT’s Week 14 2021 power rankings

1. Cardinals (10-2, last week No. 1): It doesn’t matter that they went 2-1 without him; if the Cardinals get the No. 1 seed in the NFC , Kyler Murray is the MVP.

2. Patriots (9-4, No. 2): Whatever it takes. Wherever it happens. Whoever is available. Whichever way the wind is blowing.

3. Packers (9-3, No. 3): The NFC North is in the bag. The real question is whether they’ll be the No. 1 seed.

4. Buccaneers (9-3, No. 4): The Bucs will cut Antonio Brown only if Tom Brady lets them. In other words, they won’t be cutting him.

5. Chiefs (8-4, No. 6): The defense will carry them to the playoffs. The offense will have to carry them to a championship, if it can.

6. Rams (8-4, No. 7): Beating the Jaguars doesn’t mean anything. If the Rams want to change minds, they need to beat the Cardinals on Monday night.

7. Cowboys (8-4, No. 8): The division title that was in the bag is back out of the bag, thanks to Washington climbing off the mat.

8. Ravens (8-4, No. 5): It feels like they’re limping toward the finish line. If they get to the playoffs, what will they have left?

9. Titans (8-4, No. 10): Their bye came at a perfect time. They now need to get back to winning.

10. Colts (7-6, No. 12): They maybe should have saved a few of those points for future games.

There's a bit of extra motivation for the Rams. Their reign as top dog in the NFC West was short lived, and I'm sure they want it back.

Everybody sees us now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
on one hand -- California has been the number 1 source for people moving to AZ for the last several years -- split between the LA basin and the Bay Area

while the LA group will absolutely show up for the Dodgers or the Lakers -- i just dont get the same sense regarding the Rams

Yeah the Rams haven't really captured LA yet. They are new there and a lot of people grew up supporting other teams so for football they don;t have the same reach.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
2nd prime time test. Let's see how we do. McVay should have been watching the Cardinals struggle to get lined up vs the Bears so we will see if Vance or McVay adjusts.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I normally a little extra nervous for prime time games. Yet reading that most of the guys stay during the bye week and prepared as there was a game that Sunday speaks volume to me. Sounds like these guys are focused. Not like past bye weeks when a player gets hurt answering a phone. I feel we are the ones that should be more relaxed. The Rams mortgaged their future for today and it looks like it might bite them in the butt. Let's go Cardinals!

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Good to see Simmons being physical. I do worry that a Rodgers type QB sees him peeking in the backfield and throws it over his head.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
2nd prime time test. Let's see how we do. McVay should have been watching the Cardinals struggle to get lined up vs the Bears so we will see if Vance or McVay adjusts.
Hopefully McVay wants to show off Stafford again and does more drop back stuff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically if we beat the Rams and Lions we win the division right? Ram's can't overtake us.

I think that’s right. We’d be up 3 games with the tiebreaker, imo ssentially being up 4 games with only 4 games left and where we win the division with a tie.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

True. But the equalizer is that it’s an easy travel from LA. I have a couple friends out here that drive to phx and back for Rams games. Particularly bc it’s easier to get a ticket than in the brand new sofi. That’s said, I don’t know if the MNF factor is a plus (big game so people want their tix) or negative (not in weekend so people more prone to give up tix).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah the Rams haven't really captured LA yet. They are new there and a lot of people grew up supporting other teams so for football they don;t have the same reach.
Eh, for most 40+ year olds (you know the consumers with deepest pockets) they grew up with the Rams in LA. And just as you’ve seen on this board with st Louis cardinals fans, they kept their allegiance. My friends are in 40s and 50s and they’ve been Rams fans throughout. And my boys friends (11 and younger) are Rams fans. There’s a definite gap of about 15-35/40 years of age. And the Rams were never a crown jewel of the LA sports scene. But LA also loves a winner and they’re front running fans. So as long as LA is good they’ll draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard