Wk 14-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/6/21-12/12/21

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As usual..... It's a home game and I'm nervous. The Rams have the higher "desperation quotient" IMO and can combine that with getting blasted at home. Both teams know that if the Cards win, the division race is over, so I expect a big playoff atmosphere. Something we definitely need to feel.

I really hope we walk on the field with a mean streak though. These guys can be punched in the mouth.

Personally, everyone who says that they hope Stafford chokes is going to get disappointed IMO. He is a bit better than all of those Lions games he played.

And I really hope our pass rush is better than the one we had in Chicago.

Your right about them needing more experience in a playoff atmosphere. I think the GB loss provided some great experience when the lights are brightest.

Normally I’m very nervous about our home games as well, but I think we show up and execute.

The Rams are going to be motivated of course, but so will the Cardinals. There is just as much at stake for the Cards:

-Winning the division
-Maintaining the #1 seed
-Winning in a prime time game

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Henderson was the one that was killing us before they were forced to pass last matchup.

Sony Michel had a good game last week. But I’m glad he’ll be there only option now at RB

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
A good sign about J. Pugh being questionable instead of doubtful.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So no Brewer or Edmonds? Or can they still activate? Serious question.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Aaron Donald also detailed what went wrong in their first matchup and how to stop Murray.

"We just ain’t play good, but we know what to expect,” Donald said. “We know what we got to do to try to bottle him {Kyler Murray} up — not let him get out the pocket and extend plays. So we do that, we’ll be fine. We just got to find ways to get after him, make him uncomfortable, and get some hits on him this time. We let him get out of the pocket multiple times and extend plays with his feet. And then was able to get out the pocket, see things, throw it downfield, and make some plays with his arm. So, you let any quarterback do that, they are going to have a good day. So definitely the type of talent he is, we can’t allow that.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wrong. I’ve coach sports. You can have all the vengeance and urgency in the world and it won’t help you to victory if you fail to execute at a high level.
You don’t win just because you’re pissed off. It may raise your adrenaline or effort but it does not mean an automatic victory.
I won’t bemoan this. My whole point is when I hear, “ Oh the Rams are going to be motivate” or “ The Rams need this more than us so this is going to be a tough game to win”. Bull crap.

We are motivated too! We can clinch a playoff spot. We can virtually win the division that nobody thought we’d be able to do including me. We can slay the naysayers. How’s that for motivation? But all that does not win the game if we turn the ball over 5 times or miss a game winning fg in the last 3 seconds.

I refuse to believe the Rams have any more incentives to win this game than us. The team that executes the best will win, no matter how badly one team or the other needs it.
Agreed. Those factors may allow you to come out jacked (sometimes too jacked and it works against you), but good, professional teams weather those initial emotional storms and then talent/scheme take over. I’m sure many an AFC East team wanted revenge on the patriots for years. Fat lot of good that did them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vengeance, revenge, need, desperation has NEVER won a game.

You know what wins games. Talent, planning and players executing the plan.

It’s 2021. We are the big kids on the block. It’s our house and it’s the perfect time to put a stamp on this season. Beating the preseason division winning favorites, clinching a playoff spot are quite an incentive.

The Rams will not win this game because “ they want it more” or “ they need it more”. The Rams are formidable. On paper they are among the better teams. But something is missing.

This game is going to be a roller coaster ride and a shootout. It comes down to the quarterbacks. That being said, Stafford will crack, Kyler won’t.

Playoffs this week, division crown next week.

Desperation has won a ton of games. It's why sweeping someone in the NBA or NHL is so damn hard

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tempo and the use of Ronadale Moore will be major keys to this game.

Last prime time again I felt Kliff was trying to get to cute with horizontal plays to Moore. We didnt run the ball or attempt to really establish our backs instead.

I think our tempo against the Rams really had them on their heels. They werent ready for anything Kliff dialed up.

Dont force any horizontal stuff with Moore and we should be good to go on offense.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tempo and the use of Ronadale Moore will be major keys to this game.

Last prime time again I felt Kliff was trying to get to cute with horizontal plays to Moore. We didnt run the ball or attempt to really establish our backs instead.

I think our tempo against the Rams really had them on their heels. They werent ready for anything Kliff dialed up.

Dont force any horizontal stuff with Moore and we should be good to go on offense.
Agree with this

We should keep it simple. Use our weapons and back them in without feeling the need to get too funky. I get the feeling Kliff is no longer trying to "prove himself" on the NFL stage with imaginative plays as he did early on, though that trait has maybe poked its head out a couple of times.

Last time the Rams were the ones getting desperate and making unnecessary mistakes (eg needlessly going for it on 4th down early and turning it over)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will say watching Deebo Samuel destroy the Rams it might be tempting to put the ball in Moore's hands alot.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Again it will be curious to see how it goes.