With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
We'll get a top four- five positional player.

Brown
Okudah
Young
Thomas
Wills
Simmons if they have no clue on how to cover Kittle..et all moving ahead.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's my problem with Jeudy.

I think he's the most talented wr. However, I kept thinking he's the 3rd best wr on that team far too often (granted the other guys are really good)

Idk...I get Sammy Watkins vibes.
To me he’s Calvin Ridley or amari Cooper. Good wr but not great. We draft a wr that high he better be great.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll be fine with CeeDee if you promise me Lucas Niang will be there in the 2nd.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My picks after the top two tackles were gone in the simulation:

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
i wouldn’t be surprised to see the Panthers or Dolphins take a QB

I feel bad for teams needing to draft a QB this year (outside of Cincy). Next year is the year to be at the top of the draft order for Fields and Lawrence.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but it’s basically the same thread, so...

1. Chase Young- Best player in college football

2. Derrick Brown- Young, smarter, more dedicated version of Calais Campbell

3. Jerry Jeudy- best offensive player in the draft. Crazy acceleration. Ultimate competitor.

4. Jeff Okudah- Future all-pro. Lockdown corner, willing tackler and a playmaker. Physically, he’s the total package.

5. Andrew Thomas- Best lineman in the draft. Smart, tough, strong, athletic. Total package.

6. Yetur Gross Matos- Incredible athlete with an incredible story. Just scratching the surface of what he can be. Perfect young player and person to pair with and learn from Chandler Jones.

7. AJ Epenesa- He, Zach Allen and, to a lesser extent, Michael Dogbe would give a good nucleus of young talent at DE in our base sets with the positional flexibility to stay outside or move inside on passing downs.

8. Isaiah Simmons- I don’t love him as much as everyone else does but, athletically, he’s a freak of nature and he has a knack for making plays. I do not think he diagnoses plays fast enough but his coverage ability is something we all know we’re lacking next to Hicks.

9. CeeDee Lamb- He knows our QB and offense and both will make him look better than he really is. His size scares me but he’s slippery and he’s shown he’s tough and a gamer.

10. Alex Leatherwood- He doesn’t get any of the attention but that’s OK. I have him ahead of a few other names because he’s proven he can play on the right side and that’s what we need if the team plans to keep DJ, which I think they do. Not the best available tackle, but the best available right tackle. Tough, nasty, hard working and from a winning culture. He’d look good right away next to Sweezy. If we let DJ walk, I’d prob move Jackson up and maybe Wirfs ahead of him. Wills (and, too a lesser extent, Wirfs) reminds me of Cooper. Too concerned with being pretty for an O-lineman.

11. Kenneth Murray- Tackles too high and too often with his arms but he makes the tackles. I like his energy and his range.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thread has convinced me of a few things:
1. At #8, there will be good players (at our position of need) available.
2. I have no idea who is the BPA, when it's our turn to pick.
3. The 2020 Draft will be great to watch.
4. And last, we have to wait until FA to see how we hope the Draft unfolds.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am zeroing in on Simmons or an O-Lineman.

With most defenses in nickle a lot, and the growing issue/growth of the TE position in this game, having someone like that..... with those elite skills..... could be game changing for the 2nd level of our defense.

And most notably........ It would represent the single biggest leap in talent on our starting rosters. Going from Reddick/Walker/Vallejo to Isaiah Simmons is like going from a Yugo to a Porsche.

Next biggest jump would be RT.
After that...... WR.

Sure our interior D-Line needs help..... I think that may be the most fixable in Free Agency. WR can be somewhat fixed in Free-Agency as well.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am zeroing in on Simmons or an O-Lineman.

With most defenses in nickle a lot, and the growing issue/growth of the TE position in this game, having someone like that..... with those elite skills..... could be game changing for the 2nd level of our defense.

And most notably........ It would represent the single biggest leap in talent on our starting rosters. Going from Reddick/Walker/Vallejo to Isaiah Simmons is like going from a Yugo to a Porsche.

Next biggest jump would be RT.
After that...... WR.

Sure our interior D-Line needs help..... I think that may be the most fixable in Free Agency. WR can be somewhat fixed in Free-Agency as well.
What wr is out there that you believe is a quality f/a?

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What wr is out there that you believe is a quality f/a?
Depending on what happens in Dallas, Amari Cooper for one.

Others:
Robby Anderson
Geronimo Allison
Demarcus Robinson
Keelan Cole
Perriman
Phillip Dorsett

Shorter term:
Emmanuel Sanders
AJ Green
Randall Cobb

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
To me he’s Calvin Ridley or amari Cooper. Good wr but not great. We draft a wr that high he better be great.

Agreed.

I am 100% on Lamb vs Jeudy.

In fact, I like Ruggs and Higgins more the Jeudy.

Can you imagine Ruggs in this offense?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on what happens in Dallas, Amari Cooper for one.

Others:
Robby Anderson
Geronimo Allison
Demarcus Robinson
Keelan Cole
Perriman
Phillip Dorsett

Shorter term:
Emmanuel Sanders
AJ Green
Randall Cobb
Okay, but nobody on that list is going to strike fear into our opponents.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't help but believe that some on our board are underestimating Jeudy. K1/Jeudy combo could be lethal for the next decade. I need to watch more tape of him. My Alabama contacts think VERY highly of him & I don't believe there are any headcase or off the field issues either. But, Alabama people do tend to over value their own. Unless, of course, you get the scoop directly from Saban. He's brutally honest when it comes to off the field or personality related issues.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson