With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Here's my problem with Jeudy.

I think he's the most talented wr. However, I kept thinking he's the 3rd best wr on that team far too often (granted the other guys are really good)

Idk...I get Sammy Watkins vibes.

He was their best WR last year but took a step back this year. I agree with your sentient though. He’s got a higher ceiling than Lamb but Lamb is better right now.

Ceedee looks really thin to me without the top end speed but looks like a sure thing #2 WR to me.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
2-3 QBs going top 10 means that an elite prospect Will be there at #8. That means that the Pick has to be an elite prospect at a High Value position. Everything else Will be Waste of draft Capital. OT, edge Or CB.

I understand the request for a WR, But the WR position was flooded last year. Give the Young players time to develop there and concentrate on other positions

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just wish they saved a spot for him to return. He needed that experience. Just hope he isn't Devin Funchess 2.0 (which I guess isn't bad for a 4th rounder)

I don't know what happened to KJ. Seemed like a steal.
He is way faster than Funchess, but that or Mike Williams from the Chargers is probably his most likely landing spot. I agree that I wish he got some snaps this year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He was their best WR last year but took a step back this year. I agree with your sentient though. He’s got a higher ceiling than Lamb but Lamb is better right now.

Ceedee looks really thin to me without the top end speed but looks like a sure thing #2 WR to me.
With what I have seen, I think I would be more comfortable with Lamb. His frame looks like it can handle some more and he is really good with the ball in the air. That said, combine numbers do matter and I am curious regarding their respective agility scores.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
My guess is that we will take a WR or defensive front 7 player. I won't be shocked if it is Isaiah Simmons or one of the WRs as I think Brown and Thomas will be gone.
Many have Wills rated right with or above Thomas.
Simmons seemed to do most everything good and not one thing great. A little like Buchannan but a little bigger. He's not overly good against the run, but better at covering TE's which is a great need. But would he start at WILL right away?
Brown would be an immediate upgrade.
This all said Murray might press for Lamb and the big threat he didn't get enough from Kirk, but didn't always have the time to do so in the pocket either.....SO??!!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just wish they saved a spot for him to return. He needed that experience. Just hope he isn't Devin Funchess 2.0 (which I guess isn't bad for a 4th rounder)

I don't know what happened to KJ. Seemed like a steal.
KJ's role got reduced when we had to play him outside and then transitioned to less 4 WR. He is another slot player who is blocked by poor roster construction.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
KJ's role got reduced when we had to play him outside and then transitioned to less 4 WR. He is another slot player who is blocked by poor roster construction.
Emergence of Cooper and more use of Byrd on the outside have pushed him out. Don't see a spot for Sherfield either next season.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gambo has already been talking about Cards wanting Jeudy followed by CeeDee. Expect nothing but talk about that for next few months.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s my take on our wide receivers.
1. Kirk will never be a #1 wr. He is a slot receiver.
2. Issabella May develop but guess what? Another slot type receiver.
3. Cooper and Byrd are basically the same guy. Fast but will basically never win a 50/50 battle. You could probably put Sheffield in the same category.
4 Fitz, well he’s Fitz and he plays the slot. See the pattern here?
5. Butler. We can pray that he is the big outside 50/50 receiver we need.
Can Lamb or Juedy fill that need? If not we need to look somewhere else. We have enough speed at wr but lack physicality.

The most logical choice would be Okudah. He could step right into cb2 and possibly replace PP21 in 2021. Also would be insurance for Alford and allow us to move Murphy to the slot.

this team need defense. Go after Littleton to start. I think Chopper suggested Weatherby. Suddenly this defense would be much faster.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Here’s my take on our wide receivers.
1. Kirk will never be a #1 wr. He is a slot receiver.
2. Issabella May develop but guess what? Another slot type receiver.
3. Cooper and Byrd are basically the same guy. Fast but will basically never win a 50/50 battle. You could probably put Sheffield in the same category.
4 Fitz, well he’s Fitz and he plays the slot. See the pattern here?
5. Butler. We can pray that he is the big outside 50/50 receiver we need.
Can Lamb or Juedy fill that need? If not we need to look somewhere else. We have enough speed at wr but lack physicality.

The most logical choice would be Okudah. He could step right into cb2 and possibly replace PP21 in 2021. Also would be insurance for Alford and allow us to move Murphy to the slot.

this team need defense. Go after Littleton to start. I think Chopper suggested Weatherby.
Fitz and Arnold/William's give us some. Lamb isn't physical.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Carolina and LA Chargers being in front of the Cards pretty much kills any chances of a team trading up to 8 for a QB.

but it does make it likely that 3 qbs go in the top 7 --

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Young
Okudah
Thomas
Juedy
Lamb
Simmons
Brown

any of those guys would upgrade the roster at positions of need, all of them look to be very good NFL players

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't watch nearly as much college ball as I used to but I see Alabama a fair amount both last year and this year. The primary difference IMO is that Jeudy saw MUCH more double coverage this year than last. I also think, and it sounds silly but on a team that has 3 other WR's who will play in the NFL in Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs and Jaylen Waddle, that because Tua improved this year it meant Jeudy got the ball less? It's the old Tom Brady line his favorite receiver is whoever is open, with those other guys that good this year, Tua didn't have to try as hard to get the ball to Jeudy, other guys were always open so he saw less downfield throws. The big difference in his stats were the yards and TD's, 3 more catches, 350 less yards, 5 less TD's, IMO largely because teams just refused to let him get deep without having to beat 2 guys. As a soph he saw less doubles and Tua took more shots to him downfield, this year instead he went to the other guys, in particular Smith who doubled his production from last year.

They're all going to play in the NFL, Waddle projected as a first rounder in 21.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave