With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched more of wills and I won't be upset if we draft him
His game doesnt shaw any flaws, very good feet against speed rushers, a mauler in the running game, a pancake machine

If not wills i d like Lamb cause he has the talent to change our offense

Wirf is a trade down option, like jeudy or Simmons

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is a good luxury to have, but only helps if the guy you draft is good at RT. If the guy you take #8 overall struggles on the right side and so does your current starting LT than you just wasted a pick.

It's rare that a LT can't play RT. Hump struggled but he was struggling at LT as well at the time.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Just because I am still sifting through Kinlaw and Epenesa, how are you using Epenesa in base and/or sub packages?

Isn't Espenesa a better version of Zach Allen......a DE with some pass rush skills and solid versus the run.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's rare that a LT can't play RT. Hump struggled but he was struggling at LT as well at the time.

Not every guy can do a 180 on their technique and excel. Even if they are really good at one tackle position. We should know this from Humphries, Davis,.Gandy, etc

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m interested to know if Creed Humphrey or either Lucas Niang/Josh Jones are still on the board in round 2, who would y’all go with?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guarantee you Andrew Thomas will not be on the FO’s radar brother, especially since his primary position isn’t RT.

Wirfs, Willis, & Epenesa are my top 3.
Oh I am sure Thomas will be gone by #8 any ways but he would definitely be an upgrade over Humphries and would save ARZ a lot of money not having to pay Top 5 money to if we are being honest, an below average to average at best LT.

I am now starting to get on the Simmons bandwagon if he can play in our scheme. Reminds me of a Kam Chancellor type hybrid.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I am sure Thomas will be gone by #8 any ways but he would definitely be an upgrade over Humphries and would save ARZ a lot of money not having to pay Top 5 money to if we are being honest, an below average to average at best LT.

I am now starting to get on the Simmons bandwagon if he can play in our scheme. Reminds me of a Kam Chancellor type hybrid.
Most likely. I think Humphries is at least an above-average LT though. Penalties needs fixing, but I don’t think there was a single game where he had a bad game.

I don’t trust Vance on knowing how to use a chess piece like Simmons.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jeudy getting out of his break is a thing of beauty. And his feel for the next step after the catch is elite. Then comes his ankle breaking elusiveness after that first step. There is a reason he was the #1 WR in Bama and why the coverage rotated to him and not Ruggs or Smith.

No one should overthink this....... Both are top 10 quality in the draft and deserve the #1 and #2 rankings, but to say Lamb is better than Jeudy is just a wrong take IMO. Both have YAC written all over them IMO.

And either have the potential to be an absolute stud on the next level. It just depends on which $500 bottle of wine you like the best.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
There’s some nonsense in the beginning but clips start at :40 seconds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

the dead leg cut with a dip of the shoulder is deadly

then add a really explosive next two steps coming off of that....

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Where do WR's like Tee Higgins & Justin Jefferson project? Are they guys who could be available in round 2 when we pick (or later)?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where do WR's like Tee Higgins & Justin Jefferson project? Are they guys who could be available in round 2 when we pick (or later)?
Really depends how they do on January 13th.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Julio Jones is also one of the best WRs of the decade, so sort of an unfair comparison.

When Julio Jones did enter the draft I m sure he had a pretty similar grade to cee dee lamb
Make comparison now is obviously unfair after 8 seasons of Julio among the pro

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we need to see what Butler and Isabella can do next year with bigger roles, and just can't afford to use a 1st round pick on a WR.

Also, what about trading for someone like Jarvis Landry?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
When Julio Jones did enter the draft I m sure he had a pretty similar grade to cee dee lamb
Make comparison now is obviously unfair after 8 seasons of Julio among the pro

I really doubt Lamb's grade will be anywhere close to where Jones' grade was as a prospect. Julio was considered as complete a WR as there had been a long time, he ran a 4.39 at 6' 2" 220! Atlanta gave up 4 picks to get him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m interested to know if Creed Humphrey or either Lucas Niang/Josh Jones are still on the board in round 2, who would y’all go with?
Humphrey, Niang then Jones. I don't love that Jones didn't become a viable top prospect until he was essentially a redshirt sr. Man among boys at that point. Niang was on the board last year as a 3rd / 4th and this year elevated his game prior to injury. also one year younger.

I prefer Humphrey/Biadasz over any 2nd round tackle. Think C is important and I rate those two as better prospects anyways.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Juedy over Lamb and would take Ruggs in the 2nd over Juedy or Lamb in the 1st lol.
I don't think Ruggs gets out of the 1st round. However, you could probably get him in the 20s.

Ruggs would be the perfect "Hollywood Brown" for Kyler.

Going Oline early and then trading up for Ruggs wouldn't be a bad idea.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Humphrey, Niang then Jones. I don't love that Jones didn't become a viable top prospect until he was essentially a redshirt sr. Man among boys at that point. Niang was on the board last year as a 3rd / 4th and this year elevated his game prior to injury. also one year younger.

I prefer Humphrey/Biadasz over any 2nd round tackle. Think C is important and I rate those two as better prospects anyways.
FWIW,

On a team featuring Kyler, Lamb, Hollywood Brown, Kenneth Murray Cody Ford, etc etc..

Lincoln Riley thought Humphrey will end up with the best career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson