Who will be the "Surprise Cuts" that won't make the final 53?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ
Sorry dude, but you must not watch the games. You must only believe what you read...

That guy has very good hands, in fact he stole the ball from the CB most of the time(thx Plummer)...

His dropps were a result of horrid passes...

He will be our #2 WR this year at least, IMO...

I was thinking the same thing.....if what Kerouac said was true, I haven't been able to find anything that substantiates it.

David Boston was almost tops in the league in drops at ten, with only 32 catches. McAddley wasn't even in the top ten, and if what Kerouac said was true, then McAddley would've been in the top ten.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmr667
How about Marcel Shipp as another example? Started out as 3rd string behind Pittman and Jones. Got like zero carries his first year. Looks like he could be a solid player now.

Good point, I guess in Shipp's case he was behind a #1 pick and a starter.

Another example would of course be Tony Martin who Sullivan turned into a good player.

Just seems to me that faster players(James Jett, Willie Gault, Ron Brown) have tried and failed so that makes me doubt a guy like Gilmore I hope I'm wrong.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by BW52
Chris Dishman *-Wragge,Whiting and Spikes can play *

Russell Davis DT-Hopefully widebody Nate Dwyer or Atoe can take his spot.

Bryan Gilmore WR-too much competition for him.

Longshot cut-Anthony Clement T - Cards give up on ijury prone RT and replace him with Spikes or Roundtree or Davis

That is interesting, if AC cant come back strong, I think you could be right about that... Although we dont need the cap space. And we never cut Moore or Sanders when we really should of either...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I was thinking the same thing.....if what Kerouac said was true, I haven't been able to find anything that substantiates it.

David Boston was almost tops in the league in drops at ten, with only 32 catches. McAddley wasn't even in the top ten, and if what Kerouac said was true, then McAddley would've been in the top ten.

This is the previous thread that I posted this on...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8365&perpage=15&highlight=Marcus%20Robinson%20AND%20Jason%20McAddley&pagenumber=2

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by BW52

Longshot cut-Anthony Clement T - Cards give up on ijury prone RT and replace him with Spikes or Roundtree or Davis

Don't think so... and please explain how anyone can be injury prone in a contact sport?

Did he hurt his back and tear a bicep picking up groceries?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card
Don't think so... and please explain how anyone can be injury prone in a contact sport?

Did he hurt his back and tear a bicep picking up groceries?

The Bicep tear is what troubles me. That seems to be a serious injury for an offensive lineman. Isn't shoulder trouble what's sidelined Boselli the past two years, and may have ended his career?

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Position by Position -

QB - None (unless we sign a FA vet as backup)

RB - You have to assume TJ is history. After that, there figures to be competition for a final spot between Anderson, Prentice and Scooby Doo.

FB - Depends on how good Doolin is - McKinley could be challenged. Someone mentioned that Diamond looks more like a FB than a TE.

WR - There's a traffic jam - Tough to predict until we see everyone in action. Probably the "safest" positions belong to the 2 draftees (BJ and Boldin) because they were high picks. Other than that - everyone must be considered on the bubble with the UDFA's at the top of the bubble list.

TE - Banks might face competition from Diamond.

OL - A couple veteran backups could be in trouble if any of the kids (including the draft pick, the UDFA and guys like Wragge, Whiting and Grace) stepped up and proved they were ready to grab a job. But all things being equal, I think the vets will hold on - the nonsigning of Fina worries me - I think he has another one or two productive years left in him.

DL - Another mob scene. I wouldn't write off Wakefield quite yet, because to me he's a raw kid who was pressed into action early and - while not yet consistently playing to NFL standards for the position - still, at 6-7" - has a terrific upside. What I'm hoping is that guys like Bell, Dwyer or Atoe will step up and send Russell Davis outtahere (nice guy but he gets pushed around out there too much). Our production at DT just doesn't cut it - hasn't since Rucker and Reuben Davis played there. I think Fatafehi is in a very precarious position. Tanner's job appears to be safe. At DE, I think we'll be set with DJ and Pace on the right side and VDB and Wakefield (or King) on the left side. (Either Wakefield or King will have to go - probably King unless he proves he can be stout at the point when spotted inside).

LB _ Good competition here. Remember that openings should have been created by the departures of Fredrickson and Rutledge. Young is probably the most vulnerable. Among newcomers, Hayes, Gilbert and Darling - Gilbert's lack of athleticism could place him closest to the bubble. (Personally, I wish we could keep them all).

CB - Stone figures to be history. There could be a battle between Eason and Nelson for that slot (Eason also plays safety but Nelson can play well on special teams). Cromartie is a long shot to stick. If we add a veteran FA like Bryant, Hill would be more likely to be on the bubble than would Rhinehart, because Rhinehart is slightly faster.

K- Job is Guillermo's to lose, but if Duncan can prove he's equally as accurate under pressure while still drilling kickoffs into the end zone, he might just steal the job. Note - This may be the year where we keep both kickers.

Final caveat - Injuries and a couple of FA additions could alter the equation considerably at potentially any position.

A few points: FATAFEHI was dropped last year. Stone was primarily a backup Safety, and I doubt someone like Eason, who was cut after camp last year would replace him. Dwyer, for one, would have to improve rather dramatically to ever unseed Davis.

You're mention of Rucker reminds of the last time thee CARDS were using 5 man front, which they're considering this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
This is the previous thread that I posted this on...

Catch Percentage
Player Team Adjusted Rec.* Thrown to Pct.
Jason McAddley ARZ 29 73 39.7

Because of injuries to the Cardinals' wide receivers, Jason McAddley went from the bottom of the depth chart to the starting lineup. Jake Plummer threw to him because he had no other choice, but McAddley's inexperience and propensity to run deeper routes led to a horrible catch percentage. But just edging out the Cardinal for the worst catch percentage in the league was the Bears' Marcus Robinson.
[/URL]

Kerouac, that proves NOTHING.

You have to remember that this isn't DROP percentage this is CATCH percentage. Having lame-armmed Plummer throw to him with his 53% completion percentage adds to his not catching as well as a severe bicep bruise that he played through because we needed him (he got the injury in his big Seahawks game).

Last edited:
OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Kerouac, that proves NOTHING.

You have to remember that this isn't DROP percentage this is CATCH percentage. Have lame-armmed Plummer throw to him with his 53% completion percentage adds to his not catching as well as a severe bicep bruise that he played through because we needed him (he got the injury in his big Seahawks game).

Does that mean he has bad hands? Or didn't know the offense and ran bad routes?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11

No....it basically adds up all the bad passes thrown his way that he didn't catch. :rolleyes:

I watched McAddley last year, I don't have to have stats that prove how good or how bad he is. At this juncture, he is an average receiver, with above average skills.

Last year, McAddley didn't catch everything coming his way, but he didn't have bad hands either. The worst hands of any player on the Cards was definitely Boston. He dropped 10 passes last year.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
The Bicep tear is what troubles me. That seems to be a serious injury for an offensive lineman. Isn't shoulder trouble what's sidelined Boselli the past two years, and may have ended his career?

I thought Clement had a Tricep tear???

I don't know how much difference it makes but I thought it was Tricep.

Or was his first tear a Tricep and then the second was Bicep??

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Here is what your (Section 11) response was:

That has gaping holes in it.

1) He had Plummer throwing him the ball. We've all seen how accurate he was. He couldn't throw a screen in stride. That's just poor.

2) He came of the practice squad seven weeks into the season.

3) He had to line up as our #1 for four weeks.

4) Given 1, 2 and 3, it's amazing he caught anything.

Basically close to what I was saying.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by PortlandCardFan
I thought Clement had a Tricep tear???

I don't know how much difference it makes but I thought it was Tricep.

Or was his first tear a Tricep and then the second was Bicep??

No you are correct....it was a tricep tear, which in some ways is worse than a bicep tear

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The worst hands of any player on the Cards was definitely Boston. He dropped 10 passes last year.

Where are you getting this stat from? Is drops even an offical stat? You mention it anytime a post comes up about our WRs being bad. The axe you have to grind against DB is getting a little annoying. I like how missed passes/Jake is an excuse for every WR except DB.

McAddley is all right, I guess, but there's a reason that he was at the bottom of the depth chart. No one gushes about McAddley other than the people on this board. I watched every Cards game last season, and I saw him be obviously in the wrong place on passing plays. Not a misthrown ball, the wrong route altogether. I tend to trust the starter and QB to know what route is supposed to be run, rather than the guy that was on the practice squad two weeks ago.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Check out this quote from Jeff Blake, after the first practice with his new team:

"Somebody has to step forward and be a leader, and set a standard" Blake said. "It hasn't been set yet."

"Dropped balls, running wrong routes, misalignments, can't be tolerated."

Amazing how Blake could come up with this after one practice...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Where are you getting this stat from? Is drops even an offical stat? You mention it anytime a post comes up about our WRs being bad. The axe you have to grind against DB is getting a little annoying. I like how missed passes/Jake is an excuse for every WR except DB.

McAddley is all right, I guess, but there's a reason that he was at the bottom of the depth chart. No one gushes about McAddley other than the people on this board. I watched every Cards game last season, and I saw him be obviously in the wrong place on passing plays. Not a misthrown ball, the wrong route altogether. I tend to trust the starter and QB to know what route is supposed to be run, rather than the guy that was on the practice squad two weeks ago.

No I have no axe to grind with Boston....

It isn't an official NFL STAT, but it is a stat that SOME others keep. And Boston, judging by my own eyes DID (and according to those who kept the stats) lead the team (and the NFL) in drops. Drops are different, since the responsibility is put on the receiver.

Sure, I do believe EVERY receiver that played here over the last 6 years was hampered by Plummer, DBo included. But DBo according to the drop stats (that I can't find right now) was the worst at dropping the ball.

McAddley, as I said, is an average receiver (route running, hands, other assignments, etc.) with above average talent (size, speed, aggressiveness). I think that he will be no better than a quality number 2. And he did look lost at times, but he also looked pretty good at times, and imo clearly better than Sanders, Jenkins, and Kasper.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

ON the other hand.....your TJ and DBo and Rice HOMERISM is getting a little annoying.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Check out this quote from Jeff Blake, after the first practice with his new team:

"Somebody has to step forward and be a leader, and set a standard" Blake said. "It hasn't been set yet."

"Dropped balls, running wrong routes, misalignments, can't be tolerated."

Amazing how Blake could come up with this after one practice...

Means nothing Plummer Boy....

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
That has gaping holes in it.

1) He had Plummer throwing him the ball. We've all seen how accurate he was. He couldn't throw a screen in stride. That's just poor.

2) He came of the practice squad seven weeks into the season.

3) He had to line up as our #1 for four weeks.

4) Given 1, 2 and 3, it's amazing he caught anything.

That's still the way I feel.
Whatever. We'll see.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Krang, man, screw you. I never bring up Rice, TJ, or DB first. I defend them, because I believe they're good players. I don't hate on people that like them. I don't make up stats and repeat them ad nauseum like they were gospel ("judging by my own eyes..." sounds like you're a real impartial judge, with your little tally sheet for the first 12 weeks of the season or whatever). His 10 (maybe; who knows? No one keeps this stat and there's no definition for it) drops in 9 games is a really telling stat, especially considering the many times that the ball went to him. Whatever, dude. Who are you?

DB and Simeon's performaces over their careers speak for themselves, and we'll see how TJ does once he's somewhere where he'll get another chance (Shadows of Garrison Hearst...).

I don't know what Jason McAddley you were watching last year, but it wasn't the one I saw who was swatting balls down in front of him and running away from where passes were going. How you have any idea of where his route-running and hands are after all the excuses he made for not doing anything last season? Apparently, Jake was throwing balls away from him on purpose!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Krang, man, screw you. I never bring up Rice, TJ, or DB first. I defend them, because I believe they're good players. I don't hate on people that like them. I don't make up stats and repeat them ad nauseum like they were gospel ("judging by my own eyes..." sounds like you're a real impartial judge, with your little tally sheet for the first 12 weeks of the season or whatever). His 10 (maybe; who knows? No one keeps this stat and there's no definition for it) drops in 9 games is a really telling stat, especially considering the many times that the ball went to him. Whatever, dude. Who are you?

DB and Simeon's performaces over their careers speak for themselves, and we'll see how TJ does once he's somewhere where he'll get another chance (Shadows of Garrison Hearst...).

I don't know what Jason McAddley you were watching last year, but it wasn't the one I saw who was swatting balls down in front of him and running away from where passes were going. How you have any idea of where his route-running and hands are after all the excuses he made for not doing anything last season? Apparently, Jake was throwing balls away from him on purpose!

Real mature....real mature.

So you want to accuse me of making up a stat? You can go and shove it up your you know what.

AND AGAIN>>>>>>>>I DON'T THINK THAT MCADDLEY IS A GOOD RECEIVER.....I THINK HE IS AVERAGE!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jack: Drops count against McAddley but not against Boston?

c'mon.

He will always disregard something that doesn't prove his point.....typically Kerouac modus operandi.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To put it all into perspective:

1 Koren Robinson SEA 16 15
T-2 Torry Holt STL 16 12
T-2 Jeremy Shockey NYG 15 12
T-4 Brian Finneran ATL 16 11
T-4 Darrell Jackson SEA 13 11
T-6 David Boston ARI 8 10
T-6 Isaac Bruce STL 16 10
T-6 Joe Horn NO 16 10
T-6 Terrell Owens SF 14 10
T-10 Marty Booker CHI 16 9
T-10 Antonio Bryant DAL 16 9
T-10 Ahman Green GB 14 9
T-10 Randy Moss MIN 16 9
T-10 Javon Walker GB 15 9
T-15 Shaun Alexander SEA 16 8
T-15 Donald Driver GB 16 8
T-17 Marshall Faulk STL 14 7
T-17 Az-Zahir Hakim DET 10 7
T-17 Garrison Hearst SF 16 7
T-17 Kris Mangum CAR 16 7
T-17 Steve Smith CAR 15 7
T-17 Derrius Thompson WAS 16 7
T-17 James Thrash PHI 16 7

So David dropped 10 passes in 8 games with only 32 catches....by far the worst of all the "star" receivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard