Surprise Cuts?

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s the million dollar question. How is he still on the job?

Are you happy with the development/ play of the LB’s?

Who’s coaching the LB’s? It’s not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

On Campbell, he was just a guy in AZ. He’s been very good everywhere else. Bill Davis effect.
Though I would not call Campbell either worthless or JAG (the dude was the starting ILB at the Cardinals and played well in the first half of the season), I do agree with you that coaching matters a lot. Packers not only made Campbell an All-Pro but also converted Douglas (castoffs from both Eagels and Carindals) into a contributing starter. VJ might have good eyes for talent (kudos to him for signing Campell away from ATL), but has no clue how to utilize them. Bill Davis? I have no idea......

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That sounds contradictory.
Isnt contradictory cause if u are agitated u can't get the best out of your performance, same happen if u boxing, u waste energies for nothing, running the gas out
Isnt the first of his long run where the defender close the big gap in the end

Last edited:

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Isnt contradictory cause if u panicking and get too frenetic u can't get the best out of your performance, same happen if u boxing, if u are agitated u waste energies for nothing, running the gas out
Isnt the first of his long run where the defender close the big gap in the end
Huh?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, its about mindset, if u are not focused on your goal but u start thinking about what can go wrong then u won't reach your full potential
About Isabella, he can't finish his run cause he is too worry about being tackled (wasting energy) and can't keep the top speed

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@juza76 With all due respect man, I believe you’re not even sure what you’re trying to say.
Nah I got his point.

Andy runs scared. The thought of contact makes him decelerate when he shouldnt. His mind is on possibly getting tackled instead of getting in the endzone.

You can kind of see the difference in Kyler from year 1 to year 2. He broke far more runs when he stopped worrying about getting hit.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah I got his point.

Andy runs scared. The thought of contact makes him decelerate when he shouldnt. His mind is on possibly getting tackled instead of getting in the endzone.

You can kind of see the difference in Kyler from year 1 to year 2. He broke far more runs when he stopped worrying about getting hit.
Thank u sharp-Lou

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s the million dollar question. How is he still on the job?

Are you happy with the development/ play of the LB’s?

Who’s coaching the LB’s? It’s not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

On Campbell, he was just a guy in AZ. He’s been very good everywhere else. Bill Davis effect.

Shocking to me that the CARDS would invest first-round draft capital and millions of dollars into two LBers and then turn them over to a third-rate coach, according to you and many others. To buy into this premise, one must first conclude that Mike B., Keim, KK and VJ are incredibly shortsighted, not to say stupid. I'm not there.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shocking to me that the CARDS would invest first-round draft capital and millions of dollars into two LBers and then turn them over to a third-rate coach, according to you and many others. To buy into this premise, one must first conclude that Mike B., Keim, KK and VJ are incredibly shortsighted, not to say stupid. I'm not there.
Ok. Why do you believe these two first round picks have underperformed relative to their draft position?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That there's a rather steep learning curve. Simmons improved from year one to two, and I hope for the same from Collins.
Fair enough but they are having trouble finding the right position for Simmons. I am not sure management and the coaching staff were on the same page with either player which is problematic.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
McSorley?? Not sure if it’s a surprise. While he can run pretty well, to me he isn’t consistent throwing downfield at all. Would take the chance to sneak him on the practice squad and and keep extra OL, DL at this point.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kenard, if he gets cut, will probably go to another team and flourish. Ala, Dvondre Campbell. He was worthless in Arizona and is now ranked 43 in the top 100.

Bill Davis is a LB career killer of a coach.
People complain about Zaven Collins and Simmons. Davis has severely stunted their careers and productivity.
Campbell was one of our better LB/edge guys the year he was here