Surprise Cuts?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s the million dollar question. How is he still on the job?

Are you happy with the development/ play of the LB’s?

Who’s coaching the LB’s? It’s not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

On Campbell, he was just a guy in AZ. He’s been very good everywhere else. Bill Davis effect.
Bill Davis sucks but, IIRC, wasn’t he just the OLB coach when Campbell was here?

Also, Campbell was very good the first half of his year here..

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very thin - agreed.

Kennard has 3 sacks in the last two seasons (28 games). I would hope we can replace that with someone...anyone?

Maybe rush Simmons in Kennard's packages...we would see a significant increase in production.
But but but, Kennard sets a good edge lol. Sorry, that was directed at the OP who tried to set me straight last season after I said we should cut him lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people keep defending Isabella's speed?

Its been obvious for some time his 40 time is nothing like his on field speed.

He has similar 40 times to DK and Tyreek but both would smoke him in pads.

Wasn't there a video of him last year working out with a punter where the punter beat him?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wasn't there a video of him last year working out with a punter where the punter beat him?
No and you’re wrong lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough but they are having trouble finding the right position for Simmons. I am not sure management and the coaching staff were on the same page with either player which is problematic.

As soon as Simmons was drafted, the term 'unicorn' was used, given his multiple roles in College. It seems to me that the plan was to do the same at the NFL level, but given the figurative quantum leap in competition, it would take time for him to master the hybrid roles. I think Collins was always envisaged as the key ILB, who, given his small school background, would take a bit of time to master the read-and-reacts of the position. This season will be telling in both cases.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
They were talking about surprise cuts on 98.7 today and Wolf threw out Josh Jones. Said he didn't think it would happen, but the Cards have a lot of good OL that they like, several with position versatility. That would be a shocker, for sure.

Also said if he had to guess Ingram would make it over Ward.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They were talking about surprise cuts on 98.7 today and Wolf threw out Josh Jones. Said he didn't think it would happen, but the Cards have a lot of good OL that they like, several with position versatility. That would be a shocker, for sure.

Not true, Pugh and Hudson are in decline and were contempleting retirement
Then we have a slightly above average starter in Beachum
Two big question marks if Hernandez and Ford are starting material
A left tackle who has some upside but still has so many below average games and although a false start machine
Better hope Smith and Hayes can develop into solid players

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Not true, couple are in decline and contempleting retirement
Then we have a slightly above average starter in Beachum
Couple of bets on Hernandez and Ford
A left tackle who has some upside but still has so many below average games and although a false start machine
Better hope Smith and Hayes can develop in solid players
I think the group as a whole has good depth, though fair that we don't have the top line talent to be the one the better OL in the league.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LOL seriously?

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We seem to do a lot of guessing on who will make the team, but less on players who won't make the team. I'd like to hear a player or two who the experts have on the final roster, and yet, ended up being cut. I have two that just about everyone has on the '53', that I think might fall into the Surprise Cut category:
1. Leki Fotu.
2. Devon Kennard.

P.S. Did not include AI, because either way, he won't be a surprise.
One down.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Yeah, I posted that video. Turk's boy is an athletic punter but kicking Isabella's butt running is still a punter beating someone who is supposed to have elite speed. I will say Isabella at best is a 4.4 guy in pads... speed is not an asset of his

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devon Kennard qualifies
I guess but it's a small surprise.

I for one am happy we are going to give the playing time to young guys who with experience might actually become good, while Kennards best days are behind him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson