Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a guy who is never late.

(Get it...he's always Early...)

:wave:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
WR with a lot of upside to him. He is supposidly good with running the ball after the catch. His rookie year was set back in a big way with an injury in training camp.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa, it's 7AM here in NY, and it's nice to start my week off with a smile. Thank you. And Rugby nailed the answer. I was at the Buffalo game when Q wasn't playing due to injury, and remember Doucet picking up some big first downs and showing that he belonged on the field.

OP
OP
L

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
what about when he was at LSU? was he more successful there?

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
WR with a lot of upside to him. He is supposidly good with running the ball after the catch. His rookie year was set back in a big way with the emergence of Steve Breaston as the 3rd WR and the continued development of Jerheme Urban as the fourth.

Fixed it for ya. :D And yes, I agree, the training camp hammy did not help.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little info on Doucet

The top two senior wide receiver prospects at this point are Early Doucet (LSU) and Limas Sweed from Texas. Sweed has the size at 6 foot 4 inches, but Doucet has the edge in speed, refinement and athletic ability.

An excellent receiver prospect that is also adept at returning punts and kick-offs. Doucet runs precise routes, has great hands and has superior start and stop capability. He is stocky, strong and not shy about going over the middle to catch the ball in traffic. Unless he sustains a major injury or arrest, he looks to be definite first round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/early_doucet.htm

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome to ASFN, Lauraw.

Doucet was well regarded coming out of LSU. His write-ups were suggestive of Boldin-like talent (i.e. tough; runs well after the catch etc.)

I believe he missed some early camp and reg season time due, in part to nagging injury, and this (plus the log-jam at WR) probably prevented him from progressing farther.

You can see the potential, but the two things I'd like to see him improve on are (a) becoming bigger and tougher (he got pushed around in his routes as a rookie) and (b) a little bit more consistency catching the football.

But if he can do that (just as Breaston did -adding heft and strength during the offseason a year ago) he could become something special.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife spent a year in Baton Rouge. Became a big fan of his. She got his autograph after Philly game. We had back stage passes

Attachments

• Early.jpg
    Early.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 465

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doucet is a beast and will be the slot guy this year. Expect to see him used much in the same way Q was as they are very similar receivers.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Q is a physical freak who wants to destroy DB's. I didn't see any of that in Doucet this year. I think comparing Doucet to Q is a little... Early?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doucet was an All American at LSU in his junior year. Had a down senior year, but was widely considered a top 5 WR and a first round talent before the draft. His selection was purely BPA.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Early Doucet is a wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals. He played for LSU while in college.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Doucet is the reason Card's fans shouldnt worry about WR depth in 2009 if we do have to trade Boldin. He has great upside, soft hands, and the intensity to pick up extra yards. He needs to get stronger during the offseason to prevent injuries and absorb would be tacklers.

Burg72

Registered
Reaction score
Doucet was an All American at LSU in his junior year. Had a down senior year, but was widely considered a top 5 WR and a first round talent before the draft. His selection was purely BPA.

I wanna say he had a hamstring injury for most of his Senior year. Not sure if it was his hamstring but it was an injury that he had for most of his Senior year.

OP
OP
L

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
thx. azsprtsfan31/ any video on him you know of from LSU? ps thank you for the welcome mr jeff

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Sporting News draft guide had him ranked #1 at the Wr position and when he was playing at LSU, he was their big play threat...guy was considered better and more of a threat than his teammate Dwayne Bowe who went on to do well with the Chiefs. I was shocked we got him in the third round, and I think the Cardinals saw him as a player that was too good to pass up regardless of the strength of the WR position of the team and with the potential of a player like Boldin possibly leaving later. I think the guy is a gamebreaker in the future and glad he is a Cardinal...he impressed me when watching LSU play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard