What's up with Hartwell

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
What in the wide wide world of sports is a go'in on here. This guy should have been locked up by someone by now. I hope we are in the running, and just waiting for him to lower his demands. Has anyone heard anything new on him, or did just fall of the face of the earth.

insider1

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i guess now kffl is reporting the browns may be interested but i think his price tag maybe a little too high for them. seahawks see him tommorow and if they don't offer him something that just blows everybody out of the water then i think he will sign with the cards

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
seahawks see him tommorow and if they don't offer him something that just blows everybody out of the water then i think he will sign with the cards
She-Hawks just signed Pork Chop Womack to a 2-year deal. I wonder how they are cap-wise.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
She-Hawks just signed Pork Chop Womack to a 2-year deal. I wonder how they are cap-wise.

With the release of Simmons and the other minor signings they have done the have slightly less cap then us right now.

insider1

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Seahawks have signed LB Kevin Bentley just read this on profootballtalk.com and the seahawks website. i think ed is running out of options quickly. they also signed pork chop womack too.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
insider1 said:
The Seahawks have signed LB Kevin Bentley just read this on profootballtalk.com and the seahawks website. i think ed is running out of options quickly. they also signed pork chop womack too.

I wonder if Hartwell is even going to bother visiting Seattle at this point.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Whats up with Hartwell

At this point, its a waiting game. There a several teams interested but none are willing to pay him the money wants and the salary cap room for most teams are shrinking or already gone. His agent is trying to use other teams in the hopes that either a) a team that he hasn't already visited increases their cap room or b) that a team that he has visited (such as us) will increase their contract proposal.

The only ideal solution for Hartwell is that the Colts trade away Edge so that they can sign him. However with Edge's contract demands the chances of that happening are becoming slimmer by the moment.

Right now its a game of chicken and we have to see which side blinks first ... my guess would be Hartwell

insider1

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
good question , we shall find out tommorow whether he even bothers to jump on a plane to seattle.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
insider1 said:
good question , we shall find out tommorow whether he even bothers to jump on a plane to seattle.
I don't see the reason why he won't at least visit the Seahags.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see this Bentley signing having any impact on the Seahawks interest in Hartwell. Bentley is more of a backup, special teams type of player.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only scary thing about this is that unconsciously - when I visualize Hartwell's name on a roster sheet - it's always as a member of the the Seahawk roster. His name just seems to fit best there.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hartwell will most likely sign with the Seahawks or the Browns who also expressed interest in him. The Cards gave him the red carpet treatment and he got greedy. Denny doesn't believe in having a player fly around vitisting other teams to see if he can get a better offer. IMO there is no longer any offer on the table from the Cards.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears that Seattle is not interested in him now. This is a blurb from the Seattle paper about their upcoming visits:

" Cornerback Kelly Herndon, a restricted free agent from the Broncos, will visit the Seahawks today. They also could have visits this week from Ravens wide receiver Travis Taylor and Eagles linebacker Keith Adams, according to their agents. ... The Seahawks lost out on quarterback Jeff Garcia, who coach Mike Holmgren wanted to sign to replace Trent Dilfer (Browns) as Hasselbeck's backup. Garcia agreed to a one-year, $2 million deal with the Lions on Saturday. ... Rams defensive end Bruce Fisher, who is from Renton, on his free-agent visit with the Seahawks last week: "It was an OK visit. I'm from Seattle, so I got a chance to see my family and all that other stuff. But nothing really came of it. No offer."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard