Omar Khan Straight-up Schooling Monti

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Omar Khan is an em-effing magician, trading bustola Kendrick Green--worthless 3rd round center turned h-back/TE--for a 6th round pick. That he got any draft compensation at all is a miracle. It's like us getting something for Buster Davis. The only splash plays this guy made were for the other team. He also got draft pick trade ups in two consecutive drafts for Kevin Dotson. He wasn't as horrific as Green, but he was another do-nothing guy with absolutely no splash plays.

Meanwhile, we're getting a 7th for a guy who has had splash plays and is a 1st-round reclamation project, whom we just paid millions of dollars to, and trading for a QB we could've just signed without giving up anything. The worst is that we got only a trade up in lower round picks for a guy who had some quality starts at OL compared to getting a 6th for a guy who is worlds worse.

Omar Khan is showing Monti up big time. Monti haes been godawful in non-draft trades. He's been godawful in FA (where Omar Khan has been a wizard without breaking the bank). He's been godawful by losing draft capital to tampering. Not a good start so far, IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No.

Where they were drafted makes no difference. Simmons is a liability snap to snap, 6 splash plays over the course of 700 snaps doesn't make up for the 100 snaps he straight up sucks and gives up a crucial 3rd down conversion, whiffs on a tackle that adds another 6 yards or gives up a TD to lose the game. He's not a reclamation project, there's nothing there to reclaim. The Giants simply didn't mind throwing a 7th away of a guy they know is poor down to down, but they might be able to wring some situational play out of his athleticism if they only use him in the right circumstances.

The Texans traded for Kendrick Green because Kenyon Green was going on season ending IR and they were desperate for interior help. I think Green is a poor player but he went for a 6th because he still has 2 years of control for the Texans to try work on him. Simmons doesn't even have a position to work on in the only year he has left.

Your opinion is always the worst possible opinion of this team. You might as well save yourself the typing and we can all just assume it going forward.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
lol No. Kendrick Green is absolute trash. You don't care how many years of control you have over trash. Getting a draft pick at all for him is Christmas morning. A fleecing of the highest order. Stillers fans have been absolutely crowing and the Texan fans continue baying for blood.

I don't think there's a question on which new GM has done better--it's Kahn, hands down. I won't judge the two GMs' based on team performance, as Khan inherited a much, much better roster and a healthy franchise. That would be unfair. Just viewing transactions, however, there's no argument to be made for Monti.

But I'm not surprised about your volley here, trying to provoke. Your opinion is always the best possible about the MOJG regime. You might as well save yourself the typing and we can all just assume it going forward.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm rather torn on Monti so far.

I like that he has an obvious vision, but I think he's gone a bit overboard with the tear down. I liked our draft, but mostly because it was very dissimilar to a Kiem draft. I also like that we finally hired someone to run the team who didn't come up in this franchise's culture of failure.

However... he's made at least 3 really confounding, and IMO indisputable, mistakes already and we have not even played a game yet.

Losing draft position because of the Gannon tampering situation.

Dumping Hopkins for nothing because we totally misjudged his value.

Not having the "financials" to sign Dobbs in free agency, despite having a boat load of cap space... then spending a pick to pluck him from the team who outbid us.

Those 3 on their own, I could shrug off (except Dobbs... makes no sense, that guy had better wow me), but when put together, I worry that Monti is a guy who can see the forest but is going so smash his face into every random tree on the way.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Omar Khan is an em-effing magician, trading bustola Kendrick Green--worthless 3rd round center turned h-back/TE--for a 6th round pick. That he got any draft compensation at all is a miracle. It's like us getting something for Buster Davis. The only splash plays this guy made were for the other team. He also got draft pick trade ups in two consecutive drafts for Kevin Dotson. He wasn't as horrific as Green, but he was another do-nothing guy with absolutely no splash plays.

Meanwhile, we're getting a 7th for a guy who has had splash plays and is a 1st-round reclamation project, whom we just paid millions of dollars to, and trading for a QB we could've just signed without giving up anything. The worst is that we got only a trade up in lower round picks for a guy who had some quality starts at OL compared to getting a 6th for a guy who is worlds worse.

Omar Khan is showing Monti up big time. Monti haes been godawful in non-draft trades. He's been godawful in FA (where Omar Khan has been a wizard without breaking the bank). He's been godawful by losing draft capital to tampering. Not a good start so far, IMO.
This is a nothing burger until I see ketchup on the table:)

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
So Monti Ossenfort, who has managed to maximize cap space and draft capital with the second most cap space of all 32 teams along with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of next season's draft, including 2 number one picks, is being schooled as a first year GM? I guess haters gonna hate regardless of facts.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
So Monti Ossenfort, who has managed to maximize cap space and draft capital with the second most cap space of all 32 teams along with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of next season's draft, including 2 number one picks, is being schooled as a first year GM? I guess haters gonna hate regardless of facts.
Yes, because Cap Space wins championships, and the draft is the only part of a GM's job :sarcasm:

Not to mention that he's lost draft capital through tampering and hasn't done well recouping draft capital compared to Khan. I guess defenders are gonna defend regardless of facts.

• Disagree
Reactions: urs
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
None of this is to say that Monti can't/won't turn it around, or somehow kick it into gear next season. He's had some success in the draft with trades (we'll see on the results of the players). This is just a comparison. I don't think anyone on this board can type, with a straight face, that Monti has been better than Khan to date.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol No. Kendrick Green is absolute trash. You don't care how many years of control you have over trash. Getting a draft pick at all for him is Christmas morning. A fleecing of the highest order. Stillers fans have been absolutely crowing and the Texan fans continue baying for blood.

I don't think there's a question on which new GM has done better--it's Kahn, hands down. I won't judge the two GMs' based on team performance, as Khan inherited a much, much better roster and a healthy franchise. That would be unfair. Just viewing transactions, however, there's no argument to be made for Monti.

But I'm not surprised about your volley here, trying to provoke. Your opinion is always the best possible about the MOJG regime. You might as well save yourself the typing and we can all just assume it going forward.

I'm trying to provoke?

You thought it was a good idea to write a "Khan is better than Monti" thread based on Isaiah Simmons and Kendrick Green trades. Both really suck and a 2025 6th is about the same value as a 2024 7th.

Green went for a 6th because he actually has a position. Simmons is a failed linebacker, come failed safety, now likely situational pass rusher.

Khan didn't do anything. The Texans lost Quessenberry to an ACL in camp, lost Green for the season to a shoulder tear and Juice Scruggs strained him hammy in game 3. All Khan did was pick up the phone and say "Yes" when Caserio said "Will you take a 6th for Green because we're desperate".

I have no opinion about the MOJG regime. It's barely started. You have no idea what any of the moves are or are not because nobody has played a game yet and were 17 games from knowing.

Y'all just want any excuse to dump on the franchise.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Managing a really good roster that was handed to him from a great GM is a little different than managing the turdburger Monti was given.
No, these are moves regardless of roster composition. There's a reason I didn't make this comparison after FA, because it wouldn't have been fair. But looking at what Khan has done offloading his players compared to what Monti has done, and there is no comparison. Monti falls short.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Khan has been instilled in the Steeler mind set for more than 20 years. To compare them is kind of silly.
The Steeler mindset has nothing whatsoever to do with how much trade compensation he's getting. None. A player is a player and a trade is a trade.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Says the guy who starts this thread.
I made an assertion/comparison that's fairly straightforward. If it's not allowable to start negative topic threads around here, and all has to be hopium, the mods can say so. And, ya know, posters are free not to respond.

I just have to smh because I could easily have predicted the responses here.

• Disagree
Reactions: urs
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I'm trying to provoke?

You thought it was a good idea to write a "Khan is better than Monti" thread based on Isaiah Simmons and Kendrick Green trades. Both really suck and a 2025 6th is about the same value as a 2024 7th.

Green went for a 6th because he actually has a position. Simmons is a failed linebacker, come failed safety, now likely situational pass rusher.

Khan didn't do anything. The Texans lost Quessenberry to an ACL in camp, lost Green for the season to a shoulder tear and Juice Scruggs strained him hammy in game 3. All Khan did was pick up the phone and say "Yes" when Caserio said "Will you take a 6th for Green because we're desperate".

I have no opinion about the MOJG regime. It's barely started. You have no idea what any of the moves are or are not because nobody has played a game yet and were 17 games from knowing.

Y'all just want any excuse to dump on the franchise.
I'll accept your apology. Green has no position--he was transitioned to h-back/TE as well as getting a few brief--and catastrophic--looks at C. He's far, far less talented in every way than Simmons and, like Simmons, has struggled to nail down a position. How you can come close to arguing that, I cannot say.

And he got a 6th for the guy most teams wouldn't sign or claim on waivers, while Monti only got a move from the 7th to the 5th for a guy who had some quality starts.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I was trying to avoid this thread, but I will say that Josina Anderson said NFL told her they were surprised the Cardinals didn't get more for Simmons and gave up a 5th for Dobbs. I bring that up because I believe it lends some validity to people's frustrations around Monti's trades so far (outside the draft).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, these are moves regardless of roster composition. There's a reason I didn't make this comparison after FA, because it wouldn't have been fair. But looking at what Khan has done offloading his players compared to what Monti has done, and there is no comparison. Monti falls short.

What he's done offloading his player? He got a 2025 6th for Green and some pick swaps for Dotson to the Rams.

If there was a team out there with a raft of injuries to failed linebackers come failed safeties I'm confident Monti could have got more for Simmons...

Alas, Simmons is whatever the bad version of a Unicorn is.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
LOL at talking up moves related to moving bad players from a really good roster to desperate teams.

No one is desperate for a failed ILB.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I was trying to avoid this thread, but I will say that Josina Anderson said NFL told her they were surprised the Cardinals didn't get more for Simmons and gave up a 5th for Dobbs. I bring that up because I believe it lends some validity to people's frustrations around Monti's trades so far (outside the draft).
Right. Like, it's nothing end of the world. It's just the little things you would hope a new GM does right. I've been upset here and there about the small mistakes. It wasn't until I got into my car the other day and turned on the radio to find that, inexplicably, Khan got something, anything, for Kendrick Green, that I thought to post this thread. He'd have had trouble starting on the Cards lines of old, in the darkest days, or even backing up a position. He's that bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard