Omar Khan Straight-up Schooling Monti

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Weren't we ranked 32nd in offense AND defense under Wilks?
32nd on offense, but that didnt really capture it.

It was amongst the all time worst performing offenses in the NFL over the 10 years prior.

If it could have been lower than 32, it would have been.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But the coaching is far better, at least I believe so. I think good coaching wins you 3-6 games a year alone.

Like I said in the other thread... Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year. These guys could be amazing coaches and this team will still be a train wreck, and I think the coaches are going to struggle with a learning curve themselves, virtually the entire staff has positions higher than they've ever held.

The only way this team sniffs 4+ wins is if Murray plays the majority of the season and plays at a very high level, and I don't either of those things are going to happen.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
But the coaching is far better, at least I believe so. I think good coaching wins you 3-6 games a year alone.
Outside of hoping the current regime is better than the last one, where does the belief come from? I'm curious. I have zero trust in this organization and we haven't seen a single snap yet. How can we tell?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Outside of hoping the current regime is better than the last one, where does the belief come from? I'm curious. I have zero trust in this organization and we haven't seen a single snap yet. How can we tell?
Because if you watch preseason games you get a feel for how the coaching has been throughout the year. You can clearly see a more organized team that didn't make stupid mistakes every other series. You didn't see a coach who looked out if place or one that doesn't belong. They were not in a panic to get plays in or manage the game. These are just I few of the things I saw

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because if you watch preseason games you get a feel for how the coaching has been throughout the year. You can clearly see a more organized team that didn't make stupid mistakes every other series. You didn't see a coach who looked out if place or one that doesn't belong. They were not in a panic to get plays in or manage the game. These are just I few of the things I saw
Exactly. There's no real good way to tell, but the new coaching staff passes the eye test.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This roster is far worse than that one.
When are people on this board going to figure out that a roster means nothing when the coaching staff sucks a$$??? JG could coach a Special Olympics group of athletes better than what Wilks & KK did with an NFL roster.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When are people on this board going to figure out that a roster means nothing when the coaching staff sucks a$$??? JG could coach a Special Olympics group of athletes better than what Wilks & KK did with an NFL roster.

Some great coaches have had horrible seasons when saddled with horrible rosters.

This, especially if Murray doesn't play, is one of the worst rosters I've ever seen, and no one knows of our coaching staff is any good yet.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some great coaches have had horrible seasons when saddled with horrible rosters.

This, especially if Murray doesn't play, is one of the worst rosters I've ever seen, and no one knows of our coaching staff is any good yet.
Really? The only difference between the 2021 Eagles that went 9-8 & the 2022 Eagles team that went to the SB is the defense that JG built once the Eagles actually attempted to build that D. Murray is GOING TO PLAY. And if you’re a Cardinal fan, then you should be able to remember FAR WORSE rosters than what JG has right now. The coaching difference between KK & his staff & what JG has hired is like comparing Bobby Petrino to Shanahan.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Good answer :thumbup:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? The only difference between the 2021 Eagles that went 9-8 & the 2022 Eagles team that went to the SB is the defense that JG built once the Eagles actually attempted to build that D. Murray is GOING TO PLAY. And if you’re a Cardinal fan, then you should be able to remember FAR WORSE rosters than what JG has right now. The coaching difference between KK & his staff & what JG has hired is like comparing Bobby Petrino to Shanahan.

We are miles apart in our views of the roster. IMO, it’s the worst team in the league by a wide margin and without Kyler playing and playing well they won’t just be losing games but I expect them to get thrashed.

We will just have to wait and see.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Omar Khan is an em-effing magician, trading bustola Kendrick Green--worthless 3rd round center turned h-back/TE--for a 6th round pick. That he got any draft compensation at all is a miracle. It's like us getting something for Buster Davis. The only splash plays this guy made were for the other team. He also got draft pick trade ups in two consecutive drafts for Kevin Dotson. He wasn't as horrific as Green, but he was another do-nothing guy with absolutely no splash plays.

Meanwhile, we're getting a 7th for a guy who has had splash plays and is a 1st-round reclamation project, whom we just paid millions of dollars to, and trading for a QB we could've just signed without giving up anything. The worst is that we got only a trade up in lower round picks for a guy who had some quality starts at OL compared to getting a 6th for a guy who is worlds worse.

Omar Khan is showing Monti up big time. Monti haes been godawful in non-draft trades. He's been godawful in FA (where Omar Khan has been a wizard without breaking the bank). He's been godawful by losing draft capital to tampering. Not a good start so far, IMO.
Monti gets a starting QB for a 5th round pick, and Khan throws in a 7th rounder as well. While, he might have schooled a member of this Board, he got schooled by our GM.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Monti gets a starting QB for a 5th round pick, and Khan throws in a 7th rounder as well. While, he might have schooled a member of this Board, he got schooled by our GM.
#1: Trading for and starting Dobbs is getting about the lowest end, shouldn't even be starting QB there is.

#2: Khan is with the Sillers and not the Brownies, so...wat?

urs

All Star
Reaction score
So...you tried to come here for some kind of own after we also lost? Weird, man. Weird and sad.
Not at all, just reaffirming your "not at all ridiculous" thread about a GM that has nothing to do with the Cardinals! Valuable stuff. Keep it coming, please.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Monti is tearing up the entire roster and rebuilding from nothing. Fine, if that's his vision. I'll be interested to see how it turns out in two years.
Stout is quite right though, in suggesting that we didn't get enough in return for the players we let go.

Nothing for D'Andre Hopkins. Really?
Isaiah Simmons is like Reddick. A huge physical talent who was given three positions to play in three years and given poor coaching at each turn, and just shuffled along.
Josh Jones and Simmons given away for a 5th round pick?

All three of those guys were starters for us last year. I don't mind moving on from them, but the market wasn't so dry that it was ZERO. Simmons is an athletic pass rusher, the same size and speed as TJ Watt. Let's make him an ILB and safety. Like Bucannon and Reddick clowning.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So...you tried to come here for some kind of own after we also lost? Weird, man. Weird and sad.
Eh this thread didn't age well though.

Khan's Steelers looked completely incapable of competing against a real good team.

Reactions: urs

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Monti is tearing up the entire roster and rebuilding from nothing. Fine, if that's his vision. I'll be interested to see how it turns out in two years.
Stout is quite right though, in suggesting that we didn't get enough in return for the players we let go.

Nothing for D'Andre Hopkins. Really?
Isaiah Simmons is like Reddick. A huge physical talent who was given three positions to play in three years and given poor coaching at each turn, and just shuffled along.
Josh Jones and Simmons given away for a 5th round pick?

All three of those guys were starters for us last year. I don't mind moving on from them, but the market wasn't so dry that it was ZERO. Simmons is an athletic pass rusher, the same size and speed as TJ Watt. Let's make him an ILB and safety. Like Bucannon and Reddick clowning.
To even compare Simmons to TJ Watt is... ludicrous.

The only thing that Simmons has shown consistently is poor instincts. You're post doesn't highlight the fact that Simmons was used at all of these positions at Clemson, and that he is the one making mistakes on the field.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Eh this thread didn't age well though.

Khan's Steelers looked completely incapable of competing against a real good team.
#1: Week 1
#2: We don't look good
#3: He gave them the groceries; they still have Matt "O Caneda" coaching offense
#4: We played Washington; they played a SB favorite
#5: NM, your post wasn't worth more than the less than a minute it took to type this :D

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

#1: Week 1
#2: We don't look good
#3: He gave them the groceries; they still have Matt "O Caneda" coaching offense
#4: We played Washington; they played a SB favorite
#5: NM, your post wasn't worth more than the less than a minute it took to type this :D
Probably just an oversight, but you forgot to mention we played on the road and the Steelers played at home. Oh, and our starting QB was out, and theirs wasn't. Like I said, probably just an oversight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard