What to look for in a DVD player?

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Any one have any suggestions as to what I should look for in a DVD player? I don't have a ton of money to spend on one, but I would like to pick one up tonight.

In all honesty, it won't get used that much probably. I rarely ever rent movies and I have a good amount of VHS tapes that I never watch. So I don't need a top of the line unit or anything. I just need some quick guidelines basically on what not to buy so I don't go to Best Buy and get something cheap that sucks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
Any one have any suggestions as to what I should look for in a DVD player? I don't have a ton of money to spend on one, but I would like to pick one up tonight.

In all honesty, it won't get used that much probably. I rarely ever rent movies and I have a good amount of VHS tapes that I never watch. So I don't need a top of the line unit or anything. I just need some quick guidelines basically on what not to buy so I don't go to Best Buy and get something cheap that sucks.

You might want to go to Wal-Mart instead--they have a 60 dollar player that might be fine for you. It's not a Sony or anything, but it's not one of the unknown brands either (like a Samsung or Sanyo or something).

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Or if you have a Costco or Sam's CLub membership, go there. Every thing there is good quality, you have a while to return it. Plus the prices are ALOT cheaper.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you're a real stickler for cool things on a DVD player, I just go for the cheapest one I can find.

I just want to watch movies, not really caring too much about little things.

True, mine haven't last more than 2 years, but still :)

Mike

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw an APEX in Walmart the other day for only 49.00 but I just wouldnt trust it!

They have samsung and like Chap stated others for around 60-80 range that are name brand. That is the route I would go personally!

You wont find antything that cheap at Sams Club or Costco!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
We have a KLH at Best Buy for like $45 or something like that.

Just say no to KLH! :D

I have an RCA I've had for 4 years, and it still is going pretty good. My Sony is actually a better player, but I've only had that one for a couple years.

Both work pretty well.