What The..... Did Anyone See The Saints Victory Parade?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw some clips of it.. And I cant even begin to explain what I just saw.. Wow, that was horrendous... :shock:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Looked gaudy and expensive.

If I ever saw a pink high heel rolling down Central Ave, I'd burn it

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lamest thing ever was the pronouncement before the game that they were throwing a parade - win or LOSE.

:lame:

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
You guys need to chill. Of course they were going to throw a parade regardless of the outcome: it's freaking Mardi Gras! Additionally, each of the Mardi Gras crews donated a float from their parades for the Superbowl parade; thus there was nothing expensive about it.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Does this mean we can stop having to feel sorry for them now?

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I never felt sorry for them, yea it sucks they got hit by a flood after a hurricane. Bad stuff happens every day.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Did everyone see on NFL.com they think Brees deserver to be in the HoF? And here we are wondering if if KW should be inducted....

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I didnt see it, but I assume it was just an early representation of Mardi Gras. Which is the most overrated event on the planet. Right up there with Time Square new years. Gone to both events and both times I thought afterwards, "well that was a waste of time and money".

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet it was fun for those involved. The best part is none of themcare what any of you think. :)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I stopped feeling sorry for New Orleans the day that I saw that the rest of the world pumped enough money into that area to pay every man, woman, and child 2.5 mil. dollars after Katrina. When you see what little they did with that money, I can only imagine where most of it went. That, unfortunately does not invoke good thoughts.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was happy for two friends of mine, brothers, who lived in the Lower Ninth Ward and lost everything. They've since helped build their own new home in Musician's Village.

For them I was thrilled.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into a political or social thread but the people who are brushing off what happened to that city and it's residents in 2005 (and trust me, the effects continue to this very day) are not only completely insensitive but also rather small-minded.

As far as the parade goes - that's just NOLA. It's just a whole different culture than anywhere else in the entire country.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into a political or social thread but the people who are brushing off what happened to that city and it's residents in 2005 (and trust me, the effects continue to this very day) are not only completely insensitive but also rather small-minded.

As far as the parade goes - that's just NOLA. It's just a whole different culture than anywhere else in the entire country.

First, the area gets hit with tropical storms, hurricanes, and flooding with regularity. Always has. That's part of it. Like living in a mobile home in tornado alley, you are kind of asking for trouble by living in the N.O. area.

Second, N.O. is just one place affected by Katrina. My wife and I have driven the 10 from just outside Florida all the way through to Eastern Texas. We saw the path of destruction in coastal Mississippi and other places. Sick of all of the focus being on N.O. like they have the only claim to storm damage/loss.

Many of us donated time, money, or both to help people in the area. We have family that went and helped rebuild through both church and Habitat-for-Humanity programs.

Rebuilding for people hit by one storm to get them by until they are hit with...another future storm. It happened before and it will happen again.

Regardless, we've heard all about it for 5 years and it really got amped up again lately because of the Saints success. Sorry if some of us are sick of it.

"The area got destroyed again, but golly the Saints won the Super Bowl so all is well." :rolleyes:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Maybe the NFL should just move the Jaguars or Bills to Haiti and get them to a Superbowl, cause you know good football cures the tragic effects of a natural disaster...

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I stopped feeling sorry for New Orleans the day that I saw that the rest of the world pumped enough money into that area to pay every man, woman, and child 2.5 mil. dollars after Katrina. When you see what little they did with that money, I can only imagine where most of it went. That, unfortunately does not invoke good thoughts.

You're an idiot.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

:raccoon:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

This.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well said.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I guess you can say that the SB win is a small consolation for the city of New Orleans.

But still, there is a lot of work to do there. The 9th ward is in shambles and the city is still vulnerable to another massive hurricane. I've heard experts say it's going to take 8-10 years to completely recover, i.e. fix the damage and upgrade the levies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92