What playing position with be the Cardinals' first pick, call it now

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What playing position will be the Cardinals' first pick in the draft, call it now

You do not have to give a name or when they will draft in case of a possible trade, simply what position first

I am going with cornerback. I cannot help look at the current roster and see the lack of depth or even the starter opposite of Peterson in Bethel and not think the Cardinals intend to address that early. I would not call it a desperation reach because I think some great corners will be there

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You do not have to give a name or when they will draft in case of a possible trade, simply what position first

I am going with cornerback. I cannot help look at the current roster and see the lack of depth or even the starter opposite of Peterson in Bethel and not think the Cardinals intend to address that early. I would not call it a desperation reach because I think some great corners will be there

if we draft a CB at 29...it is most definitely a desperation reach.... not matter how they spin it.

but however...I do believe that the position they draft really depends on how things play out...

I would say D-Line...because IMO that is where we get the most improvement on our team............ but if Alexander falls they will take a corner.... if wentz falls they likely take a QB...etc

going in to the draft with the mindset of,.."we are going to draft X In the first round or with our first pick" is a critical error

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This isn't what I would do, but I just have a feeling they are going to go Safety.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I do think we trade back to get more bodies. I can see CB or Dl because of Campbell's situation. Center is another spot. We're in a good position to pretty much take the best player available that also fills a need.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
CB as they are pretty the at the position.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll go with CB.

After paying Bethel 2nd CB starter money, we aren't going to sign any quality veterans unless they'll come cheaply on a 1 year prove-it. We need someone that can contribute there early at nickel CB in case Honey Badger isn't back to 100% by game 1.

I don't think we have great depth at S like we did last year, but we can move Bucannon back there in an emergency. We have HB & TJeff starting with Tyvonn Branch, Chris Clemons & DJ Swearinger as backups so I don't think we're going to go S early (if at all).

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Cards will end up trading their #1 pick for an established veteran CB.

You heard it here first!

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
U build a winning team by draft ...not trading picks for veterans or by free agency moves

This, because everybody keeps talking about the window of opportunity but Keim intends to live in the house for a long time and to do so he has to make sure he is not running a senior's retreat lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
trade down - center in the 2nd, and corner and qb in the third

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough one because I see CB and D-line (pass rush) neck and neck based on need and talent available at those positions.

My hope is a trade back and picking a DT who gets great push on his pass rush so that's my choice.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
DT/De.. I would say corner but Apple and Jackson will be gone I think. I

am warming up to Cardale Jones in the third and a center in the fourth.

Seen a quote somewhere on the internet from a scout but cant remember

where that stated "The Steelers cant hide their love of William Jackson".

smokescreen?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CB then DE in that order

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member