What I’d Love to See Today

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Should we trade with Lions for Swift instead of drafting a mid or late round RB to compliment Conner? Swift is available for sure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My only knock on JMS is that he's 24 already, if Wypler can be better than JMS within 3 years then its the better choice.

Yup, and he's already close to his ceiling. After 5 years of college and at his age he doesn't have so much room for development.

Someone like Wypler, who turns 22 next week, or Joe Tippmann may end up better.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
fwiw: ESPN has Tippman/ Wisc as their top rated center, maybe 10 spots higher than JM Schmitz
in the long run both Tippmann and wypler will be better... the difference is that schmitz is a fifth year senior and will be playing his rookie season at 24 years old... while the other 2 will be 21 or 22.... that physical development is usually what takes the big guys time to develop..so schmittz is like getting a 2 year vet at the position

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
in the long run both Tippmann and wypler will be better... the difference is that schmitz is a fifth year senior and will be playing his rookie season at 24 years old... while the other 2 will be 21 or 22.... that physical development is usually what takes the big guys time to develop..so schmittz is like getting a 2 year vet at the position
From what we have known the Cardinals really like Wypler

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mel Kiper got one pick correct in the first round. Well done Mel, take the rest of the week off.
Section11, great job by you. Every year I'm hoping that someone will give out Grades (# correct) on how the various experts did in forecasting the 1st round. I'll still give Mel Kiper props for helping make the Draft what it is today.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
From what we have known the Cardinals really like Wypler
He is my least favorite. Perhaps the cards convinced themselves to love him because he is the one most likely to be on the board in round 3

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
When I think about Wypler
He is my least favorite. Perhaps the cards convinced themselves to love him because he is the one most likely to be on the board in round 3
when I think about & watch Wypler I think he’s AQ Shipley part 2. Ugh

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
it would be an interesting move to take Mayer -- you would line up in 12 personnel lots with Mayer and McBride being kinda old school TEs who block first but also catch
Or you could take LaPorta, Musgrave or Kraft by either trading up from 3 or taking whichever is remaining.

KiwiCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Give me Torrance at 33 then take the best C available even if we trade up abit from 81 if there’s a run. Build a big tough nasty o line and make that our identity. Own time in possession behind that line. Take another running back in the 3rd. Multiple threat offence, run with backs, run with Murray, pass the ball and open up our play action threat. Yes as a result our D will be poor but focus on that with FA and draft next year. Build an identity amd maximise Murray. If Mo and Gannon don’t think he’s right we have set up a line for Maye or Williams.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jack of all trades
Master of none

Cards been drafting versatile guys like that for years.
Not on the Oline IIRC. With all the injuries that happen on Olines have a solid to good player who can fill in at multiple spots is more positive than negative IMO.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not on the Oline IIRC. With all the injuries that happen on Olines have a solid to good player who can fill in at multiple spots is more positive than negative IMO.
It is a good thing to have....as a backup.
It allows you to carry less olinemen on the roster. But if you want grade A performance from your line you are usually better served by guys that specialize IMO .... RT/RG is okay, but its hard for most guys to switch sides and be equally effective... so RT/LG is less likely for a guy to be good at both...
Johnson played RG and LT but most reports say he was much better at RG... so RT is probably a better option for him than LT.

I dunno... i played RT on offense, tried LT and couldnt kick slide for **** on the left. Kept crossing my feet... but it was natural and smooth on the right... muscle memory makes a difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson