Americans flock to see spring's cherry blossoms

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

STORY: Each year during the month of March, thousands of visitors descend on the The Quad at the University of Washington in Seattle and Washington DC to see the the cherry blossoms trees in full bloom.In Washington DC, amidst the blooming trees along the Tidal Basin stands 'Stumpy,' a cherished figure among the 1,400 cherry blossom trees adorning the area's monuments. However, a new Sea wall project will chop down 140 trees, including stumpy.Charlotte Criss, Maryland Visitor“I know that they said that they're going to clone him or they're going to try to replace him or whatever, but I don't think it'll be the same. So I wanted to make sure that we got a picture in with the original Stumpy, as much as we could for the crowd there. There was quite a crowd.”With the darkest winter months now over and warmer temperatures creeping across the Pacific Northwest, the buds bloomed a week earlier in Seattle. Talat Jabeem, Cherry Blossom Enthusiast I just love it. You know, it just totally boost up my mood, you know, I get more, I get more enthusiastic about my work and everything like that. So obviously the cherry blossom is definitely my mood booster, for sure."The blooming trees should last about two weeks if the weather stays cool and there's little wind or rain, according to the the University of Washington in Seattle.

Continue reading...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson