Week 15 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/15/24-04/21/24

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I like it. a 2nd and a third and we still get a #1 stud WR.

I just don't think there is much difference between Rome and MHJ
I counter the offer by suggesting a swap of 47 for our pick #66. And next year's second round pick. Lot better player at 47 than at 66.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Patently false. Odunze had more deep yards. He was substantially better at contested catches. He also had a lower drop rate.

Cardinals fans have these rose colored glasses on MHJ right now that are clouding objective reality.

MHJ isn't as explosive as Nabers either.

I think MHJ is a more rounded player, that's what I find appealing.

You were banging on about people ignoring earlier bad tape on Daniels, and now you'd have us ignore MHJ's 2022 tape and fix our minds on last season supported by a poor QB. Imagine MHJ with Penix this past season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You were banging on about people ignoring earlier bad tape on Daniels, and now you'd have us ignore MHJ's 2022 tape and fix our minds on last season supported by a poor QB. Imagine MHJ with Penix this past season.
I have a lower opinion of Pennix than most.

Odunze would have looked even better with a better QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Patently false. Odunze had more deep yards. He was substantially better at contested catches. He also had a lower drop rate.

Cardinals fans have these rose colored glasses on MHJ right now that are clouding objective reality.

MHJ isn't as explosive as Nabers either.

I think MHJ is a more rounded player, that's what I find appealing.
He is not as good on contested catches as Rome. I don't know what you mean by more deep yards. MHJ career yards per rec are 16.9 and Rome's are 15.3. Maybe you have access to advanced stats that I don't have.

So, yes, almost everything better than Rome.

Not sure why you brought up Nabers...I sure didn't mention him.

So...not false at all. At least per college football reference. Not sure where you are seeing contested ctch % or drop rate stats. Happy to look those over if you can share a website.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ask yourself what percentage of his total of 92 catches were contested.

I bet you don't know because you tend to just try to argue with me just to be a rude. That's your MO and has been for a very long time

The answer is a 1/3. He would have still had as many catches as MHJ had total (69) if he had 0 contested catches.

So, no it's not like 50 percent of his catches were contested.

And a lot of people don't really dig. A lot people talk about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West too
A third seems like a high percentage for an elite athlete. But I don’t have a benchmark for comparison purposes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He is not as good on contested catches as Rome. I don't know what you mean by more deep yards. MHJ career yards per rec are 16.9 and Rome's are 15.3.
Career isn't the same as this season. Odunze led the nation in deep catches.

(He also broke three times as many tackles as Harrison)
Maybe you have access to advanced stats that I don't have.
No I guess I just do more research.
So, yes, almost everything better than Rome.
Like?
Not sure why you brought up Nabers...I sure didn't mention him.

So...not false at all. At least per college football reference. Not sure where you are seeing contested ctch % or drop rate stats. Happy to look those over if you can share a website.
Those numbers have been posted on this forum multiple times. I don't think it's fair to make someone dig up numbers that have been posted before just because someone else doesn't follow the conversation.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

McDonough’s attorney, Mike Caspino, could say nothing about the arbitration while it was happening. Now that it’s over, and now that the battle has sparked a related lawsuit advancing claims that weren’t covered by arbitration, Caspino has much more freedom to speak his mind.

On Tuesday, he did.

Appearing on Doug Franz Unplugged, Caspino shared some strong criticisms of Bidwill.

“Michael Bidwill . . . is a horrible person,” Caspino said, “and I mean through his core.”

Caspino accused Bidwill of repeatedly lying under oath in the arbitration process.

“He’s worse than Dan Snyder,” Caspino said at one point during the interview.

Caspino believes Bidwill demonstrated “absolute, sheer arrogance,” flowing from a “belief of entitlement.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

McDonough’s attorney, Mike Caspino, could say nothing about the arbitration while it was happening. Now that it’s over, and now that the battle has sparked a related lawsuit advancing claims that weren’t covered by arbitration, Caspino has much more freedom to speak his mind.

On Tuesday, he did.

Appearing on Doug Franz Unplugged, Caspino shared some strong criticisms of Bidwill.

“Michael Bidwill . . . is a horrible person,” Caspino said, “and I mean through his core.”

Caspino accused Bidwill of repeatedly lying under oath in the arbitration process.

“He’s worse than Dan Snyder,” Caspino said at one point during the interview.

Caspino believes Bidwill demonstrated “absolute, sheer arrogance,” flowing from a “belief of entitlement.”
Wow. Worse than Snyder.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cardinals trade with Giants for Rome.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If Monti is smart he’s telling every insider that NYG wants to trade up and he prefers picking at #6 not #11/#12/#13. I was listening to a Giants pod and they seem hellbent on keeping their 2nd rounder this year for a WR.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't follow. Why would that be smart?

Teams don’t make moves based on mocks but desperate teams are more sensitive to media reports when their fanbase is clamoring for a trade up franchise QB. The more information circulating the better for the team in the catbird seat.

Deep down I think Monty prefers multiple 1st’s and moving back up over day two pick to move down two spots. I think he can maneuver back up and net an addition 1st to still end up with Odunze. Passing on MHJ for just a third this year is settling IMO.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting that narrative out in the ether would try to make the teams at 11/12/13 sweat the Giants getting our pick, with the hope that it entices them to give up more draft capital to get it.
Oh! I thought most forum members' preferences were to either stay at 4 and pick MHJ, or trade down no lower than 6 to ensure getting one of the top two WRs. In which case, trying to spread the narrative about what is, in fact, your actual intention makes no sense!

In this scenario you'd want to do the opposite - convince the Giants that teams in the 11/12/13 range are offering massive hauls to move down and that, while you'd prefer to stay in range of the top WRs, the offers are so good that the Giants need to offer more if they really want to move up for a QB.

But sure, if you actually prefer to trade farther back (and then perhaps back up), selling the opposite story makes sense.

But if the Giants miss out on a QB thanks to the Cardinals spurning their offer and allowing another team to jump them for a QB... good luck trading back up to 6 with the Giants! There's a big risk here that the Chargers and Giants would take WRs at #5 and #6. And maybe the Titans at #7.

So I prefer either a 3-team trade with the Chargers where the Cards end up at #5 and the Chargers benefit from most of the magic beans, or a trade back with the Giants (if they're even interested).

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Caspino is representing the guy who was recently accused of choking his neighbor, so I guess he knows "a horrible person" when he sees one.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard