Upcoming HBO shows

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DO they have anything on the horizon that I can get excited about? Any period shows like Rome?

They have some new show starting tonite after the Soprano's. I dont recall the name however. I think it looks DUMB!

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
The final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm will be coming up soon at some point

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/devwatch.aspx?series=&network=hbo&daycode=&statuscode=1&genre=&studio=

Looks like the only confirmed new shows are 12 Miles of Bad Road ("dramedy about the matriarch of a wealthy texas family whose real estate business and absurd wealth complicate the simplest family matters"), In Treatment ("comedy about a therapist who is calm, smooth, insightful and nonconfrontational with his patients but turns into a testy, self-doubting individual full of barely concealed anger when he is a patient seeing his own shrink"), and Tell Me You Love Me ("a boundary-pushing dramedy about three couples with intimacy issues").

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Wire, which is a great show, should be returning at some point.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The good news is; A new season of Rescue Me starts on FX this Wednesday.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HBO bought the rights to "Preacher."

Amazon.com said:
Here's a book guaranteed to offend a bunch of people, not only because of its profuse profanity and graphic violence, but because it's the epitome of iconoclasm. Like a brutal accident, you can't watch but you can't turn away. The story follows an ex-preacher man, Jesse, who has become disgusted with God's abandoning of His responsibilities. So Jesse starts off into the wilds of Texas with his hitman girlfriend and new best friend (a vampire) to find God so that he can give Him a piece of his mind. Despite its superficial perversity, this book contains what may be the most moral character in mainstream comics. A cult hit in the making. Fans of Quentin Tarantino take note.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into any of them. All that will happen is that I will like one at least and then HBO will get cheap and cancel it after it gets popular and the actors want a raise. IE: Deadwood, Rome, Carnivale

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into any of them. All that will happen is that I will like one at least and then HBO will get cheap and cancel it after it gets popular and the actors want a raise. IE: Deadwood, Rome, Carnivale

We'll see with Deadwood--I haven't seen the 3rd season yet. They're also supposed to do 2 Deadwood movies.

Carnivale I am in the middle of the 2nd season, so mum is the word.

Rome pretty much ended where it had to. I mean, Augustus Caesar began the Pax Romana so, yeah, that's that.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HBO should rescue Firefly from the gorram Fox Network.