Trivia: Can you name the 3 starting QB’s for the Cards in 1994 without looking?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Buerline?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t think of any others?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buerline, Schroeder and... Jim McMahon?
Bingo!

Beuerlein had finished the year of 93 on a hot streak. Offense was actually good. Buddy Ryan gets hired. Game 2 is Monday night football at home against the Giants. Down by a TD in the second half, Ryan inexplicably benched Beuerlein to bring in McMahon who promptly threw the game away.

That was a CRAZY season. Fights in the locker room, Buddy the GM using Bidwill's money to pay for penile implants for assistant coaches....

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I just looked holy heck your good... I was shocked I got Buerline

Jimmy Mac was the really tough one. I thought Dave Krieg at first but then flashed that he came in the next season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t Schroeder win a super bowl also?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking Chris Chandler. But I was incorrect.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Beuerlein was so underappreciated.

he was so good the year before and had that offense humming. I was sure that Buddy would take total control of the D and if he let Beurline keep cooking on the other side of the ball, they woulda been a beast.

that was very stupid on my part.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not reading any comments above and I'm going off memory.

We wanted Herbert from the Saints I think at the end of 1993 or 1994. I'd say the three qbs in 1994 would have been Steve Beuerlein, Jim McMahon in those awful Khaki uniforms for one or two games, and we settled on a 2-3 TE offense with Jay Schroeder at QB for most od the season.

How'd I do?

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Buddy ball baby!
Looking back its was a pretty good team. 3 tough quarterbacks. The best linebackers we’ve ever had playing at the same time. Pro bowl punter
Defense was really good. Buddy, Rex and Rob.
Problem was our offense could barely score.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking back its was a pretty good team. 3 tough quarterbacks. The best linebackers we’ve ever had playing at the same time. Pro bowl punter
Problem was our offense

Problem was our offense could barely score.

In 1993, Joe Bugels last season, the offense was #8 in the NFL. In 1994, it was #29. Buddy keeps the 93 offense largely intact with the defense he brought in, it's a playoff team. Instead, he tore up the offense. Made the only QB who actually still had talent 3rd string. Went with two has beens who were terrible because they were "his guys".

I don't have a lot of fond memories of Buddy Ryan.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In 1993, Joe Bugels last season, the offense was #8 in the NFL. In 1994, it was #29. Buddy keeps the 93 offense largely intact with the defense he brought in, it's a playoff team. Instead, he tore up the offense. Made the only QB who actually still had talent 3rd string. Went with two has beens who were terrible because they were "his guys".

I don't have a lot of fond memories of Buddy Ryan.
Was wondering what is Bugel was never fired. What if Mr. B had some patience and gave Bugel another season.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what is Bugel was never fired. What if Mr. B had some patience and gave Bugel another season.
At the end of the 93 season a lot of fans wanted him kept on due to a strong finish for 7-9. But Mr B had made a statement of 8-8 or bust. You would think that was clear cut enough. But Bidwill made him twist for weeks before firing him. Couldn't make up his mind.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1994, first year of season tickets for me, Buddy had me believing there was a winner in town

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson