This is what meaningless games look like

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can talk all they want about it, but when it is meaningless you know it. That's what this is and that's how they are playing. Vanilla schemes, poor tackling. Trying to get milestones, etc.

Meh.

An ass drubbing is good fodder for Bruce to work with, too.

But man, I hate Pete Carroll.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
No one is melting down just reality has hit.

We're not unbeatable and Seattle is very good.

We'll face them again in the playoffs if we win our first game. At least the NFC championship should be in our house as I think they'll beat Carolina at this point.

Either way nothing has changed we're in the playoffs as healthy as we can hope to be this time of year and we'll see but to think this didn't mean anything today is just not based in any kind of reality.

That's what losers say when they get their ass beat.

I hope the team realizes now that they have to show up from opening kick off on to have a chance because that's the truth in the playoffs anyway.

If anything this game may mean something positive for motivation so they don't learn this lesson game one of the playoffs.

Really can't stand the loser mentality that can't handle an epic beat down.

Pathetic and weak, take it like a man and learn from it for God's sake and stop whining like it's meaningless.

There is no such thing in the NFL.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No excuse, but we all know why. I luv we got thrashed today.

I luv that this team is going to hear crap and forgotten about going into the playoffs. I really think guys like Bucannon and John Brown need to feel like they have not arrived at all. I want David Johnson to feel he has to work harder. I want JJ Nelson to work on his routes overtime. I want this team ticked off so they play to win and not play to not lose... whatever ego they had, needed to be squashed after winning so many games in a row :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just remember the Pats game the year we made the Super Bowl.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I luv that this team is going to hear crap and forgotten about going into the playoffs. I really think guys like Bucannon and John Brown need to feel like they have not arrived at all. I want David Johnson to feel he has to work harder. I want JJ Nelson to work on his routes overtime. I want this team ticked off so they play to win and not play to not lose... whatever ego they had, needed to be squashed after winning so many games in a row :)

^exactly

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They can talk all they want about it, but when it is meaningless you know it. That's what this is and that's how they are playing. Vanilla schemes, poor tackling. Trying to get milestones, etc.

Meh.

An ass drubbing is good fodder for Bruce to work with, too.

But man, I hate Pete Carroll.

Agreed, but the board meltdown will still happen.

+1 to both.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
This post is right on the money. They say when Babe Ruth went into a party he would always announce "any of the woman here who ain't ****ing, leave now". The hand wringing and doom and gloom on this board today and most likely to come is beyond incredible. All last week the consensus was not to play any one and that the only thing that mattered was that no one got hurt. I draw your attention to that idiot Joe Buck's comment before the game, "unless Carolina loses the only thing Arizona needs to do here is avoid injuries". Isn't that exactly what happened? We scored 39 on them in Seattle and they put 36 on us here. So what? You know what that got the Seahawks? An extra game and most likely a trip to Carolina. If people are so in awe of the Seahawks now, why play the rest of the playoffs? Lets just surrender now and give the whole thing up. NE has lost 4 of their last 5 games what should they do? It was a bad game all the way around and it happens. Better today than two weeks from now. Just think back to the last game of the season in 2009. Just like today Buck and Aikman talked on and on then about how GB had sent us a warning and put us on notice about the following weeks game. It's one game that meant about as much as a preseason game at this point. No one was hurt and those who are hurt have an extra two weeks to recover. So anyone that just wants to moan....leave now!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This post is right on the money. They say when Babe Ruth went into a party he would always announce "any of the woman here who ain't ****ing, leave now". The hand wringing and doom and gloom on this board today and most likely to come is beyond incredible. All last week the consensus was not to play any one and that the only thing that mattered was that no one got hurt. I draw your attention to that idiot Joe Buck's comment before the game, "unless Carolina loses the only thing Arizona needs to do here is avoid injuries". Isn't that exactly what happened? We scored 39 on them in Seattle and they put 36 on us here. So what? You know what that got the Seahawks? An extra game and most likely a trip to Carolina. If people are so in awe of the Seahawks now, why play the rest of the playoffs? Lets just surrender now and give the whole thing up. NE has lost 4 of their last 5 games what should they do? It was a bad game all the way around and it happens. Better today than two weeks from now. Just think back to the last game of the season in 2009. Just like today Buck and Aikman talked on and on then about how GB had sent us a warning and put us on notice about the following weeks game. It's one game that meant about as much as a preseason game at this point. No one was hurt and those who are hurt have an extra two weeks to recover. So anyone that just wants to moan....leave now!

Wow! Spot on, spot on! (besides the leave now part. Thanks Cheese!!)

Usually when the Cards lose and lose in epic fashion, I am so upset the rest of the day on through the week. I think this is the first time I have been totally fine after a lose. Yea, it was a dumbster fire of a loss, but the important game to win is in 2 weeks.

This does remind me of the GB game the Frustrated mentioned. They stumped the Cards the last regular season game, then the Cards came back and beat them in the playoffs. Now, if the Cards lose and are one and done, then by all means, tear this place down! I will be the first that does!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Spot on, spot on!

is this really the owner of the board agreeing with a post telling our fellow fans TO GET LOST if they're upset about this game? That's weak sauce.

we got crushed against our biggest rival... while starting the entire team. I get that maybe they weren't in it 100% but telling our own fans to get lost because they're pissed we came out heartless today and got embarrassed is ridiculous.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the Punt team and the poor coverage

Guys have been reading the press clippings and got their butts handed to them

Now it's time to respond.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
is this really the owner of the board agreeing with a post telling our fellow fans TO GET LOST if they're upset about this game? That's weak sauce.

we got crushed against our biggest rival... while starting the entire team. I get that maybe they weren't in it 100% but telling our own fans to get lost because they're pissed we came out heartless today and got embarrassed is ridiculous.

Cheese, come on. Serious? I don't agree with that part, but I do agree there is no need to panic yet. Yea this loss was bad, but I feel the cards were never mentally in it to begin with. Did they want a statement win, of course they did, but I just don't think they were 100% in it as they usually are.

Now if they lose in the playoffs, by all means, post all the crap you want, just don't panic yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, come on. Serious? I don't agree with that part, but I do agree there is no need to panic yet. Yea this loss was bad, but I feel the cards were never mentally in it to begin with. Did they want a statement win, of course they did, but I just don't think they were 100% in it as they usually are.

Now if they lose in the playoffs, by all means, post all the crap you want, just don't panic yet.

his post STARTED by saying people need to "####ing leave now!" and then bookended it by saying anyone who wants to moan should LEAVE NOW! if you didn't agree with it, you shouldn't have called an entire post ripping our fans and telling them to get lost "spot on".

as far as posting crap... only person who did that in this in this thread is the person telling board members to get lost... and the person who was wow'd by the post and called it "spot on".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
his post STARTED by saying people need to "####ing leave now!" and then bookended it by saying anyone who wants to moan should LEAVE NOW! if you didn't agree with it, you shouldn't have called an entire post ripping our fans and telling them to get lost "spot on".

as far as posting crap... only person who did that in this in this thread is the person telling board members to get lost... and the person who was wow'd by the post and called it "spot on".

Easy cheesy. He said he didn't agree with that part. What more do you want?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just got back from the game... As much fun as the Packer game was, this one was one of the crappiest games I've been to a very long time and honestly, I can't recall an Arians led Cards team ever being so completely dominated to this extent... ever.
I can get on board with the idea that mentally, the team wasn't prepared as they knew the game would likely mean nothing. But man, that really pisses me off at the same time because the game of course did mean something until Carolina began to pull away from TB.
I think this sort of mental/emotional laziness is a sign of a major lack of leadership.
The only guy who showed up to play today was Fitz, that's it! No bueno...

And regardless of the fact that the game ended up meaning nothing, I just can't stomach watching Pete Carrol on the sidelines, dancing and singing and mugging it up like he just won another Super Bowl... I hope somebody on the Cards shows video clips of Carrol's antics to our guys on a daily basis over the next two weeks... If that can't fire you up and get your mind right, nothing will!!! :mad:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Depends on what happens in two weeks. Can you imagine losing to Seattle two games in a row on our home field?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Think of the children! That have to go to school tomorrow after their team got beat like a drum. Poor Johnny! :tears:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In all seriousness they could have given us something better or not even have the starters out there at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard