The Trade Deadline

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would love to see us make a deal for Q Williams. I would give up our 1st this year, knowing that Q hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential yet. It is the one trade I have seen mentioned that I would be onboard trading a 1st rounder.

He is young, affordable, and much more talented than anyone we have at the position.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t make a trade unless it makes you vastly better.

If we were to trade for Gilmore I think it would mean a ticket out of town for PP21. Keep in mind we would receive a comp pick for PP21 and Gilmore would be cheaper in 2021 than re-signing PP21. Then consider Gilmore is 30 years old.

I doubt we make any trades.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WR Isaiah Ford to Patriots.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown is better than Kirk or Isabella but he does seem to have a history of getting hurt.

I would be interested if they aren't asking too much but we need a CB more right now IMO

Would be interesting though given the Kyler connection and that he's a deep threat guy
Based off....

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Christian Kirk hate is reminds me of the Budda hate before this year.
If he stays healthy, i won't be shocked to see him get an extension. He seems to connect with Murray. And that is why I am more into Freiermuth in round 1 vs a WR...the role is more diminished at WR with Hopkins and Kirk on the roster. It's why I wouldn't hate a look at John Ross. It isn't that he is good per se, it's just that he is cheap and it is a 20% snap role. I don't really want to waste a top 100 draft pick on that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he stays healthy, i won't be shocked to see him get an extension. He seems to connect with Murray. And that is why I am more into Freiermuth in round 1 vs a WR...the role is more diminished at WR with Hopkins and Kirk on the roster. It's why I wouldn't hate a look at John Ross. It isn't that he is good per se, it's just that he is cheap and it is a 20% snap role. I don't really want to waste a top 100 draft pick on that.
The thing is though, we don’t have a WR3 after Nuk or Kirk. Fitz retiring soon & Andy is Andy. I also still worry just a little bit about Kirk’s durability, too. Idk, I don’t think I can get behind a TE in the 1st round. Especially over CB & EDGE. Just way too risky.

Also, look up at Dyami Brown. Think it’s more likely he’ll be there in the 3rd as opposed to Tylan Wallace. Think his skillset fits better with us, too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based off....

Brown 21 games 9 TD's, Kirk 33 games 11 TD's. Brown has about a 1.6 higher YPC.

In 2 years Brown has had 115 targets, 73 catches 963 yards 9 TD's. in just his 2nd year Kirk had 108 targets 68 catches 3 TD's and 709 yards. That's the reason Brown is unhappy he doesn't get the ball enough in his opinion because the Ravens are a running team.

THiS year Kirk has been better because he has more TD's, but Brown actually has more catches and more yards

You put Brown in this offense I would expect his production to be better than Kirk, IF he can stay healthy.

I'm not bashing Kirk I wouldn't want to trade him now, but of the 2 I'd take Brown.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Uh, yeah, but he was behind a guy named Mark Andrews last year....

...dbs

Hayden Hurst isn’t making your case at all. Andrews numbers blow that theory out of the water. Hurts just was beaten out by a Better player and rarely saw the field.

How many Ravens games did you watch last year?
Ravens best unit was when they played 3 TE's.

Hurst was their 3rd leading pass catcher.

Its why their offense is off this year. They dont have that extra TE thats a really good pass catcher. Made it tough to stop the run, but also made their play action deadly.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kirk hype is now going overboard. He's closer to Golden Tate than Steve Smith.

Dolphins game will be a great test for him. Those corners can play man and wont fear his speed.

I'm hoping he is great. I would love to Hollywood Brown WITH Kirk. Not let go of him though.

For those knocking Hollywood Brown's #s look at Hayden Hurst improved #s in Atlanta. He's put up in 8 games what he did all of last year in Baltimore.

Brown would fit our offense though its likely not happening.

he’s in his 3rd year he’s past the “this is going to be a test” for him stage. He’s a quality WR who when healthy has proven he can be an effective 2nd or 3rd option in the NFL.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brown 21 games 9 TD's, Kirk 33 games 11 TD's. Brown has about a 1.6 higher YPC.

In 2 years Brown has had 115 targets, 73 catches 963 yards 9 TD's. in just his 2nd year Kirk had 108 targets 68 catches 3 TD's and 709 yards. That's the reason Brown is unhappy he doesn't get the ball enough in his opinion because the Ravens are a running team.

THiS year Kirk has been better because he has more TD's, but Brown actually has more catches and more yards

You put Brown in this offense I would expect his production to be better than Kirk, IF he can stay healthy.

I'm not bashing Kirk I wouldn't want to trade him now, but of the 2 I'd take Brown.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

the second play he’s covered and that should of been an INT if the DB could catch and the third he catches if he lays out for it, but he just puts his arms out.

that really wasn’t to impressive honestly

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the second play he’s covered and that should of been an INT if the DB could catch and the third he catches if he lays out for it, but he just puts his arms out.

that really wasn’t to impressive honestly
Lamar leads that its a TD. Thats open in the NFL.

I love Lamar, but he's not an outside the #s passer for real.

Him and Kyler are opposites in terms of skillset. He's a between the #s passer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lamar leads that its a TD. Thats open in the NFL.

I love Lamar, but he's not an outside the #s passer for real.

Him and Kyler are opposites in terms of skillset. He's a between the #s passer.

Ok but a receiver also has to go get it to sometimes. That throw was just outside of his fingers if he lays out it’s a catch.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Ok but a receiver also has to go get it to sometimes. That throw was just outside of his fingers if he lays out it’s a catch.
The problem is that it was inaccurate causing the ball to go over the wrong shoulder. For him to make that catch he has to take his eyes off the ball to turn the other direction and then find the ball again after. That is a very difficult catch for even the best receivers to make and I wouldn't really blame him for not making it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kirk has much more to offer. I don't think we use him particularly well.

He's quick but he's not going to burn guys off the line and it looks like we give him a lot of goes, screens outs and not much else to work with.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many Ravens games did you watch last year?
Ravens best unit was when they played 3 TE's.

Hurst was their 3rd leading pass catcher.

Its why their offense is off this year. They dont have that extra TE thats a really good pass catcher. Made it tough to stop the run, but also made their play action deadly.
I watched all of the Ravens games, thanks for asking. Used to be a season ticket holder.

Hurst was 3rd in yards, 5th in targets and catches, and interestingly, with 30 catches for 349 yards, had EXACTLY the same stats in 16 games last year as he has in 8 games this year with Atlanta. Andrews had more than twice the catches, more than twice the yards, and an additional 1.6 yards per catch than Hurst last year.

Maybe i missed your point when you wrote, "For those knocking Hollywood Brown's #s look at Hayden Hurst improved #s in Atlanta. He's put up in 8 games what he did all of last year in Baltimore." I thought you were trying to say that Brown's numbers are depressed because Baltimore's doesn't throw much. But invoking Hurst doesn't support that argument - the reason he only caught 30 balls last year is not that Baltimore doesn't throw as much as Atlanta, but because Hurst was the 2nd TE behind one of the best in the league.

Baltimore threw 440 passes last year; Atlanta has thrown 211 in 8 games, so slightly less per game overall.

A better excuse for Brown's low numbers last year is that a higher percentage of Baltimore's passes go to TEs compared to most teams. But he still got 71 targets there last season and has 44 in 7 games so far this season. How many do you think he'd get in Arizona? Currently Hopkins has 73, Fitz 37, Kirk 32, and Isabella 18 among Cardinals WRs.

I do think Brown is better than Kirk, but not by a huge margin based on what they've each done with their opportunities so far. I'd sure rather have him than Isabella, though!

...dave

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown was never available.

Watt didn’t make sense here but I think Keim kicks the tires on Gilmore if the reported asking price wasn’t so high. I bet Bill would’ve wanted Jones or Lawrence on their cheap deals.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Titans are cutting Vic Beasley. Would you?

My guess is nobody will claim him. His money us guaranteed and he will be available on a cheap deal.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Titans are cutting Vic Beasley. Would you?

My guess is nobody will claim him. His money us guaranteed and he will be available on a cheap deal.
He’s garbage. His outlier season is when he pretty much feasted on backup OTs only to not do anything in the playoffs during the 2016 playoff run.

And yes, I would rather see Fitts & Gardeck out there than him.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He’s garbage. His outlier season is when he pretty much feasted on backup OTs only to not do anything in the playoffs during the 2016 playoff run.

And yes, I would rather see Fitts & Gardeck out there than him.
I agree. Titans cast-offs are not really players I am targeting. They have turned that into a pretty solid environment which lets players be successful and Vic not making an impact says a ton about him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson