The Trade Deadline

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown is a really interesting target because of his connection with Kyler, and he brings the speed that we wanted from Isabella.

Like it or not, I think we are going to need to add a WR to our room next year. If Larry retires, we are down to Kirk on the last year of his deal, and Isabella and Johnson as guys that have not taken the next step. We were really counting on one of Isabella, Butler, or Johnson becoming a starter for us, and I don't think its gonna happen.

I would certainly be calling Baltimore to find out their price. If we could trade a 2nd rounder for him I think I would do it. He's young, he is under a good contract with a 5th year option available...

I wonder if they would take Kirk and a lower round pick? I would do that deal as well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown is a really interesting target because of his connection with Kyler, and he brings the speed that we wanted from Isabella.

Like it or not, I think we are going to need to add a WR to our room next year. If Larry retires, we are down to Kirk on the last year of his deal, and Isabella and Johnson as guys that have not taken the next step. We were really counting on one of Isabella, Butler, or Johnson becoming a starter for us, and I don't think its gonna happen.

I would certainly be calling Baltimore to find out their price. If we could trade a 2nd rounder for him I think I would do it. He's young, he is under a good contract with a 5th year option available...

I wonder if they would take Kirk and a lower round pick? I would do that deal as well.

I'd trade for Brown for sure. But I'm not sure I want to give a #1 for another WR and they won't be taking a #2.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd trade for Brown for sure. But I'm not sure I want to give a #1 for another WR and they won't be taking a #2.

I think we would have to offer a WR plus a pick. Kirk + a 4th?

Isabella + a 2nd?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad the NFL trade deadline is today. It gives something else to follow besides politics.

This was the latest I could find. That's a lot to ask for CB Stephon Gilmore.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The thing is, that is what they are asking but the price is only going to come down as I don't think there is anyone (except maybe SEA) that may even consider that price. Come this offseason, they may get a second (at the most) as he will be going into a FA year so no one is going to give up a first for a guy who could walk after the season. If Peterson isn't worth a 1st then neither is Gilmore with the year he is having going into a contract year looking for a big money extension.

This year's CB draft class doesn't look deep. The headliners of course are Surtain, Farley & Adebo. Wade from OSU is overrated, Tyson Campbell & Eric Stokes of UGA don't move the needle for me. Going to have to do some scouting on guys like Josh Jobe, Elijah Molden, Deommodore Lenoir, Chase Lucas, Jack Jones, Asante Samuel Jr, Jaycee Horn and the USC CB's.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
can we trade our first for Lamb?
of the
If we could, I would. I am just so skeptical of the draft this year. If we could trade for youngish players that could become part of our core...I would for sure

Hollywood Brown, Lamb, Quinnen Williams....all guys I would give up top picks for.

If we could trade Kirk and a 4th for Brown, I would give up a 1st for Lamb, and a 2nd and 3rd for Q Williams.

i know it wont happen,but just saying, our "draft" would essentially consist of 3 first round picks

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
of the
If we could, I would. I am just so skeptical of the draft this year. If we could trade for youngish players that could become part of our core...I would for sure

Hollywood Brown, Lamb, Quinnen Williams....all guys I would give up top picks for.

If we could trade Kirk and a 4th for Brown, I would give up a 1st for Lamb, and a 2nd and 3rd for Q Williams.

i know it wont happen,but just saying, our "draft" would essentially consist of 3 first round picks
This is really backwards.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Christian Kirk hate is reminds me of the Budda hate before this year.

I dont hate Kirk. I think Hollywood Brown is a better fit for us. Kirk is going to be going into the last year of his deal next year, and IMO hasn't shown he is a legit #2WR.

Whats crazy is that we have spent 3 2nd round picks, (Kirk, Isabella, and DHOP Trade), a 4th, and a 6th over the last few years on WR's...and ended up with 1 real deal player...and it was the guy that had already shown something and we traded for.

Brown showed enough for me last year to say that he has more potential than Kirk.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont hate Kirk. I think Hollywood Brown is a better fit for us. Kirk is going to be going into the last year of his deal next year, and IMO hasn't shown he is a legit #2WR.

Whats crazy is that we have spent 3 2nd round picks, (Kirk, Isabella, and DHOP Trade), a 4th, and a 6th over the last few years on WR's...and ended up with 1 real deal player...and it was the guy that had already shown something and we traded for.

Brown showed enough for me last year to say that he has more potential than Kirk.

Kirk is a guy who has nose for the end zone and he can reach 1000yards for season if he stay healthy
I would trade Isabella and a third for Hollywood

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown has 580 yards last year. If we drafted a WR in round 1 and gave him the MVP of the league at QB and he had 580 yards receiving

this damn board would erupt in SK can’t draft and bust threads. He’s not that good and guys want to give up a 1 or a 2 for him lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kirk hype is now going overboard. He's closer to Golden Tate than Steve Smith.

Dolphins game will be a great test for him. Those corners can play man and wont fear his speed.

I'm hoping he is great. I would love to Hollywood Brown WITH Kirk. Not let go of him though.

For those knocking Hollywood Brown's #s look at Hayden Hurst improved #s in Atlanta. He's put up in 8 games what he did all of last year in Baltimore.

Brown would fit our offense though its likely not happening.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
The Christian Kirk hate is reminds me of the Budda hate before this year.

Its childs play compared to the hate peterson receives, even when he locks people down.
People are waiting for Kirk to really take over a game like we have seen Hopkins do. I realize Hopkins will take opportunities away but Krik has the talent to dominate, just need to see it more.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown has produced when he gets targets. He would get a lot more targets here.

Kirk is a nice player, but I'm not 100% sold that we are going to pay him a 2nd contract. I think its more likely he hits the FA market, goes somewhere else, and has a good but not great career. He is definitely talented...but if I could trade him for Brown I would.

I think Brown's speed is much more of a weapon. He has a connection and success with Kyler and this type of offense, and hes still young and under contract for up to 3 more years.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd rather keep Kirk tbh. He knows the scheme and is just starting to emerge.

Dont get me wrong...If they would take Isabella and a pick...then I would prefer that trade as well. I don't want to get rid of Kirk for nothing, I just think he has more value that any other WR we would actually want to trade, and would lessen the amount of draft capitol we would have to give up. I could see Baltimore wanting to add a player like Kirk, so they might take him and a 4th for Brown

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk hype is now going overboard. He's closer to Golden Tate than Steve Smith.

Dolphins game will be a great test for him. Those corners can play man and wont fear his speed.

I'm hoping he is great. I would love to Hollywood Brown WITH Kirk. Not let go of him though.

For those knocking Hollywood Brown's #s look at Hayden Hurst improved #s in Atlanta. He's put up in 8 games what he did all of last year in Baltimore.

Brown would fit our offense though its likely not happening.

Hayden Hurst isn’t making your case at all. Andrews numbers blow that theory out of the water. Hurts just was beaten out by a Better player and rarely saw the field.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would love to get quennin or gilmore to replace dre... but in all reality i know or suspect cards will stay put after bringing in 2 so meh cornerbacks....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown is better than Kirk or Isabella but he does seem to have a history of getting hurt.

I would be interested if they aren't asking too much but we need a CB more right now IMO

Would be interesting though given the Kyler connection and that he's a deep threat guy