2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For those worried about cost...Ertz would be 8.2 mil for 2021 and we would have zero obligation past that. I am not delusional in regards to where Ertz is in regards to his career, but I do believe he has enough to be productive as teams become more focused on Hopkins.

Another positive is that it would(should) force Simmons to play more.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its Reddick AND a 3rd. Honestly, I would like to see how the next few games go. We are in real danger of losing our next 7 games, which means our pick is going to be pretty good.

If they would take Reddick straight up then sure.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think we need more YAC receiving options.

Ertz is absolutely the furthest thing away from that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Watching a lot of Eagles games this year (my main football watching buddy is an Eagles fan and i have Ertz in fantasy), I have some concern Ertz is cooked. Now, I don't think Wentz is very good and there's no one else that has to be covered in Philly, but still.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Think we need more YAC receiving options.

Ertz is absolutely the furthest thing away from that.
I don't disagree but I also feel Ertz is far more talented than what we have been trotting out at TE and I am kinda in the talent accumulation world right now.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m keeping the 3rd.
Normally I would agree, but then I look at Josh Jones, Zach Allen, Mason Cole, Chad Williams, and Brandon Williams and think that by the time that 3rd rounder develops, if he develops, Murray is on his second contract or on another team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think something is wrong with Ertz. I would pass, we are underutilizing the tight ends we already have.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally I would agree, but then I look at Josh Jones, Zach Allen, Mason Cole, Chad Williams, and Brandon Williams and think that by the time that 3rd rounder develops, if he develops, Murray is on his second contract or on another team.

Yep. Give me that star player every time. Giving the picks away is how Keim still has a job (Jones and Nuk trades) Who here expects Keim to draft someone special in later rounds?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ertz looks a shell of himself
Is it him, or that offense though? I’m intrigued by this proposal, honestly. When was the last time we had a capable TE? With some of Kylers shortcomings, having a security blanket TE could do wonders for keeping drives alive

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Ertz looks a shell of himself

Everyone thought Jimmy Graham was toast too and he's having himself a nice season in Chicago so far with dubious quarterbacking. 4TDs and 11 YPC in 5 games isn't too shabby for a TE. Maybe all Ertz may need is a change of scenery. I think you can get him for Reddick and a 4th.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Keim said something interesting on this-- and ill paraphrase

after asking if Ertz could rush the passer.....

he noted that the salary cap is going down next year, and he has to think about that, AND that draft picks are super valuable as they are cheap talent

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he noted that the salary cap is going down next year, and he has to think about that, AND that draft picks are super valuable as they are cheap talent

Then I guess he needs to start doing something with his draft picks, now shouldn't he?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it him, or that offense though? I’m intrigued by this proposal, honestly. When was the last time we had a capable TE? With some of Kylers shortcomings, having a security blanket TE could do wonders for keeping drives alive

Call me crazy but is this a different offense then the one he was playing in and getting 100 catches?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Seems like a Keim move, because Lord knows the man can't draft a TE to save his life.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who plays OLB then? Reddick isn't great but at least he can be plugged in at rush end / OLB and hold up for a bit.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Call me crazy but is this a different offense then the one he was playing in and getting 100 catches?
Yep & it’s an offense that rarely uses the TE in the passing game. Outside of Jace Amaro at TT Kliff uses the TE as an afterthought. Imo it would be a foolish trade even if Ertz was still good. The history of the TE in his offense doesn’t lie. :mrgreen:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's been their only healthy starting receiver. You don't think teams have been focused on shutting down Ertz and make Wentz target 3rd stringers?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson