Hear me out: Michael Wilson for OROY

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just like the idea of Steve Keim rooting against these Cardinals and having to watch the new regime draft highly impactful rookies.... suck on that Steve!

It certainly changes my outlook on draft pick value. I know everyone thought giving up a 1st for Hollywood was a bad trade, and in a vacuum it was, but what are the odds of Keim drafting someone more impactful?

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wilson is having the year I thought Dortch was gonna have

How so? They're very different players.

I've been surprised about the amount of snaps Rondale Moore is getting. He's seen 11 fewer snaps than Zach Ertz through four games and just four fewer than Michael Wilson this season. For all the talk about 2- and 3-tight end sets in the offseason, we've been a pretty straightforward 11 personnel team.

I really thought Zach Pascal was going to have a bigger, A.J. Green-style role in this offense. He's averaging just 16 snaps per game and 1.25 targets per game. Michael Wilson has really taken over that outside receiver role.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

I've been surprised about the amount of snaps Rondale Moore is getting. He's seen 11 fewer snaps than Zach Ertz through four games and just four fewer than Michael Wilson this season. For all the talk about 2- and 3-tight end sets in the offseason, we've been a pretty straightforward 11 personnel team.

I really thought Zach Pascal was going to have a bigger, A.J. Green-style role in this offense. He's averaging just 16 snaps per game and 1.25 targets per game. Michael Wilson has really taken over that outside receiver role.
Stat-wise

I thought Dortch was going to a breakout year - with the kind of yards and TDs Wilson has - but we might as well trade Dortch to the Patriots lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

While we were pretty optimistic about Wilson, I don't think we pegged him to have the impact he is having so far.

I don't think he'll ever be a true #1, but he can easily be a high end #2.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
While we were pretty optimistic about Wilson, I don't think we pegged him to have the impact he is having so far.

I don't think he'll ever be a true #1, but he can easily be a high end #2.
It’s really too early to gauge Wilson. Last week was extremely exciting, and he had one big catch against Dallas.

I’m willing to be patient and hope he stays healthy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s really too early to gauge Wilson. Last week was extremely exciting, and he had one big catch against Dallas.

I’m willing to be patient and hope he stays healthy.
I definitely agree. We've seen many players have a few good stretches and then completely disappear.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be tough for anybody to beat out Achane for OROY the way he's going. Just ripped off a 76 yard td run after losing a fumble the last series.

But so far Wilson looks like a great pick.

now Garrett Williams over Achane looking not so good so far.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be tough for anybody to beat out Achane for OROY the way he's going. Just ripped off a 76 yard td run after losing a fumble the last series.

But so far Wilson looks like a great pick.

now Garrett Williams over Achane looking not so good so far.
Both of those picks I was hoping for Achane but knew it was a long shot. Really, I was surprised he did not go higher in the draft. I thought he was late first early second type of guy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of those picks I was hoping for Achane but knew it was a long shot. Really, I was surprised he did not go higher in the draft. I thought he was late first early second type of guy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I wrote it here pre draft, he reminds me of ex Cal and Lion RB Jahvid Best, sprinter speed but a legit RB. Best washed out quickly because of injuries, had a bunch of concussions, but Achane is a better between the tackles runner than Best was and so far has no real history of injury.

And man his acceleration is unreal.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nacua already has three catches and TD today with Kupp being back. Looks like he will still be a thing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nacua already has three catches and TD today with Kupp being back. Looks like he will still be a thing.

Yeah he's really good but he doesn't have the TD's Achane does for OROY.

So far Wilson has been invisible, but much of that has been how bad Dobbs is today

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
damn... am I the only one that gets a brain fly whenever he sees that interview background..

Dignity Health.
Dignity......and Health....
Not really on the list of things that make sense with the Redbirds...tickles my brain every time I see it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did ASFN jinx Wilson or coaching staff forgot he is on the team or teams caught up or Dobbs needs to wake and smell the coffee. Which one?