The OCF 2008 Cards Mock Draft...

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm thinking we may end up with a gift in round 1 that matches one of our biggest needs: I've just gotta hunch something like this could happen to us this year.

1) CB Leodis McKelvin (Troy) - Gifted corner and superb return man! Good tackler and very fluid. Top corner so I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm going with it!

2) RB Jamaal Charles (Texas) - Speed, durability and vision, gets better as game goes on (See last year's 4th quarter numbers)

3) OLB Shawn Crable (Michigan) - Atheletic and good size and physical at point of attack. 2nd in nation in stops for losses. Could also play some DE possibly. Above average speed.

4) OG/OT Jeremy Zuttah (Rutgers) - On the rise. Sub-5.0 forty, Very strong 35 reps, Very intelligent (football smarts). 6' 4" 303lbs. A bit on the light side, but good wingspan.

5) DE Brian Johnston (Gardner-Webb) - Stocks going up so he might not be here but he's from a small School and may slip. He has good size and speed and is very Athletic. Will need time to adjust to NFL speed, but his upside is very high. Good football player and aggressive with high motor.

6) WR Keenan Burton (Kentucky) - 4.44 speed (decent) and good size at 6' 1" and 210 pounds. Hurt his knee and ankle and is coming off an injury, but he's a dynamic player when healthy. Projected 3rd rounder last year as a junior but didn't come out. This year hurt his stock with the injuries which is a concern. Could be the replacement for BJ.

7) P Mike Dragosavich (North Dakota State) - One of the top 3 punters coming out of college. Very strong leg and good hang times which is what we need these days. Needs to improve footwork and laying them inside the 20. At this point Durant Brooks will be gone.

There you have it! My "wishful thinking" 2008 AZ Cardinals Draft class.

Let me have have it!

Last edited:

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like it! Other than your 1st pick, the rest is a reality. No offense.

Lienart was a gift to us at #10, I could see a blue chipper coming to AZ.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
i like it but am for staying away from the poorly athletic,lazy Shawn Crable.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can we change the CB to Jenkins?

I'm with you as realistically I would rather have the man from Troy, but xmas will not be here until December.

The rest of the picks are okay with me but again I have some other preferences at RB.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i like it but am for staying away from the poorly athletic,lazy Shawn Crable.

I agree. We could get Kendall Langford for our DE as Johnston could play OLB. I think he's going to be a beast.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O my gawd, Omaha, where have you been lately? Health been okay? Long time, no read.

That draft looks okay to me. It covers my wish list of positions.

OP
OP
OmahaCardsFan

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Skorp, I'm always around, reading this awesome board. Health is fine. Just got back from Kauai. Normally don't have a lot to say, but love reading everyone else's posts. I can't wait for the draft! I'm really a Cardinal football nut in and out of season. Normally I post when something really bad happens (then I'm negative) and then I post when something really awesome happens (then i'm positive). :) This year I just felt like posting a mock draft.

We'll see what happens.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Replace Jaamal Charles with Kevin Smith and you're cooking. Smith is going to be a beast.

I'm aboard with that. I am not a Charles guy. Smith appears to have the potential to be a very good change of pace back that we can use.

OP
OP
OmahaCardsFan

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm aboard with that. I am not a Charles guy. Smith appears to have the potential to be a very good change of pace back that we can use.

I see where you guys are coming from with the JJ Arrington comparisons. I just think Charles is going to make a good change of pace back that can also catch the ball. I've watched several games and he flat out comes on in games late. Don't know why though. However having said that, I'm also good with Kevin Smith but he's not near as speedy. I could even go DRC in first if my wish doesn't come true as well.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to ASFN, skins4. I predict the Cards will take a player at #16 they think can contribute this year.

They started Levi last year. Intentionally vague? Mysterious and cryptic?

Welcome, skins fan. Good luck this year, except of course, on the 21st. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson