The Latest On Tanking

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cardinals could have maybe, maybe been slightly competitive if they signed a few big free agents and ate into future cap space, but that was a longshot.

That would have been the Keim move.
In fairness to Steve, he wouldn't have had as much time as a new GM does. JMO.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this thread were a question, I’d say the latest is that we’ll sadly probably stink at tanking too and squander the possibility of landing the top pick.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s interesting how many bad teams we’ve had over the decades but I never heard the word tanking in conversations about them. So what is different with this team?

Looking over this year’s version of the NFL I see the Rams and Packers as teams more likely to tank than we are.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s interesting how many bad teams we’ve had over the decades but I never heard the word tanking in conversations about them. So what is different with this team?

Looking over this year’s version of the NFL I see the Rams and Packers as teams more likely to tank than we are.
Because we haven't had truly dreadful teams. No one talked about tanking for Wilks team because we already had a first-round draft pick rookie at QB and Keim confidently said we were going to compete. We had three pro bowlers on that roster already.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The one with Gannon giving his speech sounding like Kendall Roy?
The players looked no different watching Gannon than they did Kliff.

I bet Michael Bidwill ate that up tho. The Cards put this together to get us excited?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The one with Gannon giving his speech sounding like Kendall Roy?

The players looked no different watching Gannon than they did Kliff.

I bet Michael Bidwill ate that up tho. The Cards put this together to get us excited?
After watching club Cardinals for a few years, I found the speech refreshing. Andy Reid isn't exactly a huggable guy when he is talking to the Chiefs players, and I think that Gannon has the right mentality to fix the mess that Kliff created.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What does this even mean? Keim was the GM for almost 10 years.
It means that Keim couldn't plan for tomorrow, just for today. Monti, as a new GM, CAN plan for tomorrow. It all has to do with expiration dates.

Now, if you can't understand that, I'm sorry.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It means that Keim couldn't plan for tomorrow, just for today. Monti, as a new GM, CAN plan for tomorrow. It all has to do with expiration dates.

Now, if you can't understand that, I'm sorry.
My understanding is clear. The words you chose, were not.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone think that there should be a thread titled something like the Tanking Division (W-L). And have the W-L record updated each week. And if someone wants to list the teams that would make up the Division with no limit, feel free. Teams I hope are included are:
Arizona, Texans, NE, Rams, TB, and any other or others.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Does anyone think that there should be a thread titled something like the Tanking Division (W-L). And have the W-L record updated each week. And if someone wants to list the teams that would make up the Division with no limit, feel free. Teams I hope are included are:
Arizona, Texans, NE, Rams, TB, and any other or others.
Patriots are up next on The Tank Is Right

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's like Deandre Hopkins. There is no long term benefit for cutting him this year that couldn't be gained by cutting him next year.

We didn't save money to spend elsewhere. (minor savings next year)

We didn't upgrade in talent.

We didn't receive any compensation to benefit the future.

However, we did it anyways. That is not a move made to win games. That is a move made to get rid of a player who wants to win every year when that is not your primary focus in 2023.
Personally I would get rid of every player that doesn't want to practice and work on getting better with his teammates. They set a poor example and the wrong tone.