Are Cards tanking?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hump's restructure pushes cash to the future for the sake of the now. Why, if we're tanking? Cutting Conner this year saves us 2 million against the cap next season. Why not, if we're tanking?

I was thinking about this.

It doesn't really make any difference. Maybe they just moved the money around just in case? Because if they don't use it they just carry it over anyway and are no worse off than before.

Same applies to the Watt and Hudson post June 1st designation. Pushing more into next year gives more flexibility now and if we don;t use it we carry it over and we're no worse off next year.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm curious how. (legit asking) I would think this site getting this type of info right would be paramount.

Anyone know what our totals were last year?

Our rookie draft pool is actually $14m this year but every player signed pushes a player off the back end of the roster so we only need an additional $8m to sign our whole draft class.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I was thinking about this.

It doesn't really make any difference. Maybe they just moved the money around just in case? Because if they don't use it they just carry it over anyway and are no worse off than before.

Same applies to the Watt and Hudson post June 1st designation. Pushing more into next year gives more flexibility now and if we don;t use it we carry it over and we're no worse off next year.
I agree on the flexibility aspect. There are sometimes surprises on the cut list and the waiver wire. If you have cap space you can claim, sign, or trade for them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose