The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I finally saw this last night, and I have to say, it improved from Part 1, but it still was all-in-all a bore.

And I know I'm in the minority and I do think she's a good actress, but I still think Jennifer Lawrence was a weak link here. I was sick of her "woe is me" depression throughout the entire part 1, I just hoped she'd snap out of it in Part 2 and become the badass symbol everyone thought she was.

Nope.

She moped the entire movie and even at the end with her children, she barely smiled.

I get she's a pretty depressing character, but that's not the kind of hero as an audience member you want to follow. Even if the reason Peeta's inclusion in the squad was weak, I thought he at least could kick ass against the Mutts. Katniss just had some cool arrows.

And then... everything ends. It's a world I didn't want to live in with Snow and it's a world I wouldn't want to live in with whoever that nameless actress was who finally became President.

I think average is about the best I can say this movie was.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was pretty good, I liked it better than the first three. Didn't ever read the books so the ending was a little unexpected for me, which probably made the difference.

However, GENETICS GRADE = F

Okay, no way in hell those two pop out a blonde haired kid with hair so curly it's damn near a fro. FAIL!!!

Ummm.... Did you miss the obvious Asian decent of the baby she was holding?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm.... Did you miss the obvious Asian decent of the baby she was holding?

All babies look Asian when they are newborn. :D

I was talking about the older kid with Peeta at the end.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All babies look Asian when they are newborn. :D

I was talking about the older kid with Peeta at the end.

I know you were, I just found it funny that you had a harder time getting over curly hair, as opposed to the fact the newborn was half Asian :D

Both Children portrayed in the end are Jennifer Lawrence's actual nephews.

Mockingjay director Francis Lawrence (no relation to Jennifer) confirmed to Yahoo Movies that those are her two young nephews, Bear and Theodore, in the film’s final scene as the young children of now happily-ever-after-living Katniss Everdeen (Lawrence) and Peeta Mallark (Hutcherson). The youngsters are also listed in the film’s official production notes as Everdeen Child No. 1 and Everdeen Child No. 2, respectively. (In the Suzanne Collins novel, Peeta and Katniss have a boy and a girl at the end.

Found this quote while trying to verify that the kids were indeed her Nephews... Thought it was funny as hell.

Nobody gives enough credit to the cat. That cat was a ******* survivor. He survives the purging of District 12 (not only that, he comes out looking fat and healthy), survives the bombing run on District 13, then somehow travels all the way from District 13 to District 12 in the midst of a war, only to continue to survive in the post-war world. The cat was the real winner of the Hunger Games.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I finally saw this. It was a forgettable ending to a forgettable series that didn't do justice to the source material.

However, in this movies defense...

I disliked, dare I say hated Mockingjay the novel. I thought the first book in the series was completely brilliant (which is why it irked me so), the second book was almost as good and then the 3rd leg of the tripod just gave out. My sister and I were both big fans of the first 2 and big haters of the 3rd. It wasn't that I didn't like that it wasn't really a happy ending because in that world there was no such thing. It was the whole book in my opinion was just a jumble of too many ideas, settings and endless plot twists that would make M Knight Shamylan say; Cmon man... Even in the book they had to pause between every battle and have a 45 minute existential crisis about what was happening, where they were going, who was who...

Peoples distaste for the ending of the movie wont be improved by reading the book. The book ends just and glumly. Katniss sitting in a field picturing bodies and blood while her children laugh and play, her internal dialogue thinking only about how miserable and glum their future will be. lol It's like Waynes World, except they did the super bipolar depressive post traumatic stress disorder ending.

That was the flaw of this story was that Katniss never received any kind of peace or redemption or even a glimmer of happiness. Though she had earned, and wound up with all 3. Even when she ends up with basically everything she could have ever hoped for, she's still unhappy and she all but says; I was like bored so I finally just had some kids with Peta but I know that they're life is gonna suck and we will probably all die but it will be welcome for me because I hate my life anyways. Remember when this grass used to be stained red with blood? The End.

All that was missing was an epilogue...

"Mummy, aren't these flowers beautiful?!"

Katniss: "Oh honey, that's only because it's not covered in the blood of children. Life is nothing but pain, and we're all going to die. Who wants to hear the hanging song again?"

"DADDY, MUMMY HAS GONE DARK AGAIN!" :p

Last edited:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I finally saw this. It was a forgettable ending to a forgettable series that didn't do justice to the source material.

However, in this movies defense...

I disliked, dare I say hated Mockingjay the novel. I thought the first book in the series was completely brilliant (which is why it irked me so), the second book was almost as good and then the 3rd leg of the tripod just gave out. My sister and I were both big fans of the first 2 and big haters of the 3rd. It wasn't that I didn't like that it wasn't really a happy ending because in that world there was no such thing. It was the whole book in my opinion was just a jumble of too many ideas, settings and endless plot twists that would make M Knight Shamylan say; Cmon man... Even in the book they had to pause between every battle and have a 45 minute existential crisis about what was happening, where they were going, who was who...

Peoples distaste for the ending of the movie wont be improved by reading the book. The book ends just and glumly. Katniss sitting in a field picturing bodies and blood while her children laugh and play, her internal dialogue thinking only about how miserable and glum their future will be. lol It's like Waynes World, except they did the super bipolar depressive post traumatic stress disorder ending.

That was the flaw of this story was that Katniss never received any kind of peace or redemption or even a glimmer of happiness. Though she had earned, and wound up with all 3. Even when she ends up with basically everything she could have ever hoped for, she's still unhappy and she all but says; I was like bored so I finally just had some kids with Peta but I know that they're life is gonna suck and we will probably all die but it will be welcome for me because I hate my life anyways. Remember when this grass used to be stained red with blood? The End.

All that was missing was an epilogue...

"Mummy, aren't these flowers beautiful?!"

Katniss: "Oh honey, that's only because it's not covered in the blood of children. Life is nothing but pain, and we're all going to die. Who wants to hear the hanging song again?"

"DADDY, MUMMY HAS GONE DARK AGAIN!" :p
The first two films were great, but these last two morphed into a generic sci-fi film. I read the first book, so I'll go ahead and read the next two since they go pretty quick, but my expectations have definitely been taken down a notch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard