The Durant Sweepstakes

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the time, I thought the rapidity we got Bledsoe out of here was a mistake but after seeing this drag out...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's sort of nebulous. "Not of substance" is about as vague as you can get. So, we have talked but nothing of "substance" could simply mean they are really far apart. At least we know they have talked to each other. Himmelsbach is the same guy that reported that the Celtics management is in constant contact with Jaylen Brown about the situation last week.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's sort of nebulous. "Not of substance" is about as vague as you can get. So, we have talked but nothing of "substance" could simply mean they are really far apart. At least we know they have talked to each other. Himmelsbach is the same guy that reported that the Celtics management is in constant contact with Jaylen Brown about the situation last week.

It's all seems so unclear and yet the media keeps talking about it.

I guess it's better than going through the schedule game by game.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When it gets to training camp and Durant doesn't show up the Nets are going to look exceptionally stupid.
Really really curious to see this whole thing blow up, hopefully sooner rather than later so we can finish building the team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it gets to training camp and Durant doesn't show up the Nets are going to look exceptionally stupid.

Well, there was the James Harden for Ben Simmons trade as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Grizzlies are reportedly expressing interest in Kevin Durant. They could offer 5 first round picks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Grizzlies are reportedly expressing interest in Kevin Durant. They could offer 5 first round picks.

I was a little concerned Memphis might throw their hat in the ring. They have the depth to make a deal without gutting their team. I think JJJ has to be part of it though. Not including him is like the Suns not including Mikal as far as needing to send a youngster with high upside who is at a solid level already. The pairing of Ja and KD would likely make Memphis a favorite in the West.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the '70's. That's the decade when human traffickers were considered lovable quirky characters on prime time TV.
I remember when that movie came out in 1989 (I'm Gonna Git You Sucka). One of my friends "backed up" the VHS tape when it came to rental. We ended up watching it more times than I can count. It's a great parody by Keenon Ivory Wayans that made fun of all of that. One of my all time favorite scenes from any movie was the Isaac Hayes, Chris Rock scene when he was trying to buy ribs.

P.S. I found out years later this movie was actually the brainchild of Eddie Murphy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when that movie came out in 1989 (I'm Gonna Git You Sucka). One of my friends "back up" the VHS tape when it came to rental. We ended up watching it more times than I can count. It's a great parody by Keenon Ivory Wayans that made fun of all of that. One of my all time favorite scenes from any movie was the Isaac Hayes, Chris Rock scene when he was trying to buy ribs.

P.S. I found out years later this movie was actually the brainchild of Eddie Murphy.
One of the best spoofs of all time. Up there with the Airplanes of the world.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I remember when that movie came out in 1989 (I'm Gonna Git You Sucka). One of my friends "backed up" the VHS tape when it came to rental. We ended up watching it more times than I can count. It's a great parody by Keenon Ivory Wayans that made fun of all of that. One of my all time favorite scenes from any movie was the Isaac Hayes, Chris Rock scene when he was trying to buy ribs.

One of the best spoofs of all time. Up there with the Airplanes of the world.
Thanks guys. Added to my movie list.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passing along twitter news... this seems so old.

The Suns reportedly have tried to upgrade their offer for Kevin Durant with the help of a third team.

Reportedly Mikal Bridges was part of the offer.

If the Suns can find an All-Star player to add to the trade, they might want to keep him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passing along twitter news... this seems so old.

The Suns reportedly have tried to upgrade their offer for Kevin Durant with the help of a third team.

Reportedly Mikal Bridges was part of the offer.

If the Suns can find an All-Star player to add to the trade, they might want to keep him.

I believe it was about 3 to 4 weeks ago, but Gambo reported the team was seeking a 3rd party to help in a trade. I thought I had posted it. Gambo said it's firsthand knowledge from the organization. Sounds like this person is just hearing about it. Although, it sounds like the Suns have had no luck which might be new.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson