Why I don't want Durant

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski weighs in on the Durant and Beal trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith unloads on the Suns as well, calling them "hot garbage."

From a Duane Rankin article at azcentral:

“There’s nothing to look forward to in Phoenix because I’m looking at the rest of the Western Conference and some of these young thoroughbreds on the come up,” Smith said. “The reigning defending champions in Denver. LeBron (James) leading the Los Angeles Lakers. You can’t count them out and then I’m looking at the Phoenix Suns? Hot garbage. Hot garbage.”

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The media seems to be feeding off of it. I wanted to hear more from the Mayor of Scottsdale.
Yeah Mike Wilbon has been living in Scottsdale (at least part time) for close to 20 years now and tends to be supportive of local sports which led to the Mayor of Scottsdale nickname. I don't know what he said in that segment we missed but over the years I've found I disagree with him probably 75% of the time so I don't feel like I missed much. I think his ESPN costar Tony Kornheiser nails it far more often than Mike does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Mike Wilbon has been living in Scottsdale (at least part time) for close to 20 years now and tends to be supportive of local sports which led to the Mayor of Scottsdale nickname. I don't know what he said in that segment we missed but over the years I've found I disagree with him probably 75% of the time so I don't feel like I missed much. I think his ESPN costar Tony Kornheiser nails it far more often than Mike does.

I don't watch ESPN much unless it comes to games or things like the NBA or NFL Draft so I will sit this one out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lowry is for salary. I’d want those Heat picks a few years down the road.

Not with Pat Riley running the show. The Heat will never be bad enough to get us a quality draft pick. We may get a pick in the late teens but JJ will pass on a sure thing to trade out for someone like Luke Kennard or to re-acquire Grayson Allen after we let him walk in free agency.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice see ya kd not helpin suns w anyways hurt half time

Trade kd for young def talent and hope beal returns fully healthy for a poff push lol.... if they make it soooo sad

Suns should get a decent package for kd fingers crossed

Get both cancers out of az :)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the way the Phoenix Suns are playing right now, but I'm not shutting the door on their chances either. I also think it's borderline ridiculous to be calling for the coaches head at this point, and I would be much more concerned with the state of the team if I thought anybody was seriously considering firing him already.

I can't remember if it was in this thread or another I was reading where somebody posted that we've had the easiest schedule in the league so far when comparing to last year team at this point. That may be true, but the league from top to bottom is much better this year. We are about the only team in the west that's been dealing with serious injury issues . If it was just Bradley Beal missing all the time that would be one thing, but it seems like we are constantly missing 2, 3, or even 4 of the top eight players.

I think the thing that concerned me the most was the body language from Booker and KD much of that Christmas Dallas game. These guys need to be better leaders than that. I disagree with those that say the bench is trash. We could use a good back up PG for sure, but otherwise I think we are in infinitely better shape with our bench than last year.

More than anything I think our problems I have to do with injuries on a team of players that just haven't played a whole lot of games together. Now I hope we don't get our asses kicked by the Rockets tonight.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the way the Phoenix Suns are playing right now, but I'm not shutting the door on their chances either. I also think it's borderline ridiculous to be calling for the coaches head at this point, and I would be much more concerned with the state of the team if I thought anybody was seriously considering firing him already.

I can't remember if it was in this thread or another I was reading where somebody posted that we've had the easiest schedule in the league so far when comparing to last year team at this point. That may be true, but the league from top to bottom is much better this year. We are about the only team in the west that's been dealing with serious injury issues . If it was just Bradley Beal missing all the time that would be one thing, but it seems like we are constantly missing 2, 3, or even 4 of the top eight players.

I think the thing that concerned me the most was the body language from Booker and KD much of that Christmas Dallas game. These guys need to be better leaders than that. I disagree with those that say the bench is trash. We could use a good back up PG for sure, but otherwise I think we are in infinitely better shape with our bench than last year.

More than anything I think our problems I have to do with injuries on a team of players that just haven't played a whole lot of games together. Now I hope we don't get our asses kicked by the Rockets tonight.

The west may be better than last year but we're awful against teams above 500 and losing games vs San Antonio, Washington, and Portland. Those are 3 of the bottom 5 teams in the league. Health is an issue but coach is as well. We've had leads and piss them away. What does Vogel do? Nothing to adjust. He says the same thing every post game "We're not focused and we need to play harder". At what point is not being focused and lack of effort a coaching problem? He may be a good coach but he's not the right coach for this team.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

Maybe, but the players who are playing when not injured look really bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson