The Americans (FX)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I have this queued up in my DVR. It premiers tonight and quite frankly.... I am really excited for this series.

The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell), who have two children – 13-year-old Paige (Holly Taylor) and 10-year-old Henry (Keidrich Sellati), who know nothing about their parents’ true identity

Official Site: http://www.fxnetworks.com/theamericans/about

Good review from Alan Sepinwall: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-fxs-the-americans-brings-the-cold-war-back-to-life

It’s been more than a decade since FX started making original dramas. Some have been great (“The Shield”), some have been brilliant but flawed (“Rescue Me”) and some simply not to my taste (“American Horror Story”), but all have been interesting in one way or another. Based on the admittedly small sample size of two episodes, “The Americans” feels like it could very comfortably slot in with the upper tier of FX dramas. That’s about as good as it gets.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...the-cold-war-back-to-life#uWWJpEeBS8fMWE2c.99

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
This sounds interesting. Two of my favorite things: Russia and Keri Russell.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kind of a silly premise wouldn't you think? I mean, we know how the story turns out...at least the Cold War part.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DVRed it and watched it last night. 97 minutes. Not hot, but has potential. I am hoping that the character intros slowed the whole thing down and it will improve. Seemed a little choppy. Looking forward to future episodes. FX is airing some good stuff.

Played some really good period music during the flashback scenes.

Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk
Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

Liked the casting of Keri Russell.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great show, hope more people tune in so it doesn't get the axe.

Steve

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching this - pretty good show and I love how the past real events drive this.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I realy like the ideological struggle between Phillip and Elizabeth, particularly Phillip's internal struggle. It seems that they may actually become good guys after it's all said and done.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I just caught up on all the episodes.
Very, very good show!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A nice curveball, I did not see that coming.
It should be an interesting season finale.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Starts back up this week..... I am stoked!

AZZenny

Reaction score
Me too - one of my must-watch shows in 2013, and one of the few I have impatiently tapping my foot for a return.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Good start. I really love this show, although his 'second marriage' annoys me a bit.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good start. I really love this show, although his 'second marriage' annoys me a bit.

When I watch, I wonder how he has enough time to keep the other woman convinced they are married. That story line doesn't really work for me because I can't imagine a woman dealing with a relationship where the husband is never around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson