The Americans (FX)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
When I watch, I wonder how he has enough time to keep the other woman convinced they are married. That story line doesn't really work for me because I can't imagine a woman dealing with a relationship where the husband is never around.

IIRC, they got married pretty late last season. I'm wondering the same thing, and I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I watch, I wonder how he has enough time to keep the other woman convinced they are married. That story line doesn't really work for me because I can't imagine a woman dealing with a relationship where the husband is never around.

It's the 80's.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Season finale tonight! Supposed to be amazing....

Stout

Reaction score
Did I miss something?

What bombshell are you referring to?

I'll put it in spoilers because, well...spoilers :)

The fact that the slaughtered family (spy family) was killed by their own son upon finding out that his parents were Soviet spies. BOMBSHELL!

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I'll put it in spoilers because, well...spoilers :)

The fact that the slaughtered family (spy family) was killed by their own son upon finding out that his parents were Soviet spies. BOMBSHELL!
S2E13 "Echo"
Jared confessed this to Elizabeth last season before he died. He killed them because they didn't want him to be a spy and he was in love with the young KGB contact lady.
This is why the center wants Phillip and Elizabeth to 'sign off' on recruiting Paige.

Stout

Reaction score
Holy mother of God, what an episode ender! Man, this show just continues putting out quality episodes. Still going strong. I can't believe TWD has such a following, when such a superior show like this just keeps on airing outstanding episode after outstanding episode, with strong writing and characters that don't have to be shoehorned into situations and forced to fit the plot.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't catch last season. I'll have to catch up.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy mother of God, what an episode ender! Man, this show just continues putting out quality episodes. Still going strong. I can't believe TWD has such a following, when such a superior show like this just keeps on airing outstanding episode after outstanding episode, with strong writing and characters that don't have to be shoehorned into situations and forced to fit the plot.

It is a really solid series. The writers do a great job dropping breadcrumbs for the audience instead of hitting us over the head. The plot build-up is excellent and the various subplots are intertwined nicely. It seems the writers have clear directions for the characters and are willing to develop the characters and story along the way. I also like the Russian subtitles for added realism.

As far as the ending of the last episode. It completely caught me off guard. I thought for sure that character had a bigger role to play in the future. I am a little puzzled on why so much time was spent developing the character, but I'm sure we'll find out. I think it will cause other dominoes to fall.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just started season 3 tonight..... What a great show!

Marriage can be tough... but add in the issues the 2 lead characters face daily.
And you just might find your problems aren't quite as bad as you thought! lol

The (S2?) scene where Elizabeth wants Phillip to stay in "Clark" form....

:jawdrop:

:oops:

Stout

Reaction score
Solid start to the final season, but there's one thing I didn't like:

The time jump just didn't work for me. The daughter never went through the full conversion, and she's just a fully active agent now? Nah.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Well, that scene in episode 7 was :puke:

Can’t wait to see how the story ends!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
[emoji38]

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We're down to the series finale!

:grabs:

Stout

Reaction score
We're down to the series finale!

:grabs:

Some intense stuff!

Paige calling Mom a ***** after finally peeking behind the curtain. The family getting caught. Burov getting caught but manning up. We have to figure he gets the info through, because Gorbachev does survive the coup.

We always knew Stan would finally figure it out. That time is NOW.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm very excited for the big finish tonight. I hope all loose ends are tied up and it will be interesting to see what happens to the family. I'm especially curious to see how Henry reacts. That is if they don't just ditch him.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm very excited for the big finish tonight. I hope all loose ends are tied up and it will be interesting to see what happens to the family. I'm especially curious to see how Henry reacts. That is if they don't just ditch him.

Me too!

How are they gonna wrap it all up in an hour?! [emoji51]

Stout

Reaction score
This was something else!

In the moment, I really thought Philip was going to charge Stan, sacrificing himself to let the others get away. Henry staying behind with Stan made sense. Paige getting off the train...oof! I like how that was left, though. Paige carrying on under the radar, probably trying to stay in contact with Henry. And Stan's girlfriend...from her face, when she saw they had gotten away, IS an agent, but Stan won't question her about it.

Perfect ending, too, as the "Americans" become Russians/Soviets again...literally with the last line of the series.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson