Terminator: Dark Fate

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

You'll be back. :cool:

2. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

:lol:

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I don't understand how the FX in these movies still pale in comparison to T2. This looks... cartoonish... and lame. Even the cinematography looks blegh.

And if they're really trying to tie it back to the first two movies, I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't use any of the classic original score to tug at people's nostalgic heart-strings.

Finito likes this.
  4. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Ha, well played :)

Only to let off some steam ;)

5. Finito

Finito Registered

I’m sorry I just can’t. Looks like they got a really good team on this movie but good lord I’m just supposed to ignore all the garbage since T2( one of the greatest action movies of all time)

I mean it ended so perfect about as perfect as it could and they just couldn’t leave it alone.

Stout likes this.
  6. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

I'm game. I'll watch it.

UncleChris likes this.
  7. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

ugh... latest trailer had Sarah Connor uncork "I'll be back."

for the love of god... stop being cute with that line and just give the people what they want. The freaking TERMINATOR SAYING IT.

In T3 they did a version of it TWICE, with Arnold saying "She'll be back" about the terminatrix and then they doubled down on the stupidity with him showing up and uttering "I'm back!"

T Salvation John Connor used it and no one should ever ever mention anything about Genysis.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  8. Brian in Mesa

In Genysis it was this line uttered by Sarah rather than the Terminator:

cardncubfan likes this.
  9. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I am in. Let's hope Cameron was more than a passive participant. Honestly, these movies since T2 have failed to deliver because Cameron didn't give a crap about the franchise once he wasn't directly involved.

The FX above don't bother me. They are early. I bet they will be cleaned up before release.

Also, has the timeline changed? The inference seems to be she is no longer protecting John. So maybe Skynet changed the target. It's a tad confusing because it seems like they are sort of ignoring the other movies but in a way using the concept from the other movie. John specifically addresses that time can be changed by saying that things were different from what his mother described about the future from the tapes she left him.

If the timeline changed that begs the question how does Sarah know the timeline is changed?

10. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

they have come out and said that this is basically T3 and you can throw all those other movies out.

11. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I read that as well but even as dumb as I think that is they don't have to toss everything. Changing the timeline fits within the franchise narrative you can alter the timeline. That concept stays in tact if they simply say the timeline changed and this is now the new chapter in a changed timeline.

Assuming they just ignore everything though I can't help but think there is some major misdirection in this trailer. First you have to assume that either John plays a big role not yet revealed or that Skynet no longer feels going after John is the best way to change the future. Maybe the new girls offspring interacts with John in the future in some meaningful way? Maybe they just can't find John Conner and have to target him in another way.

Also, Arnold's character can't be the same terminator because he was melted down at the end of T2. Plus he is visibly older (again established in previous movies Terminators are built to age on the outside to blend in).

The possibilities are that he is another terminator of the same model turned like in the previous films and can age like established in the previous films or he is something else.

Again, assuming they throw everything out, maybe he is the person they modeled the Terminator after and his character his human. Would Cameron do that to audiences? Does anybody want to see a human version of his character? If he is another Terminator than they pretty much kept that concept from the last movie intact.

Soooo many questions but I have a feeling this trailer was intentionally misleading and the reason you don't see more Arnold is to not give something away. That goes with not showing John as well.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  12. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

This trailer is totally misleading, no argument there.

Covert Rain and Brian in Mesa like this.
  13. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Saw the trailer when I went to see Godzilla, and nothing in it changed my mind. A lot in it upheld my doubts.

14. Brian in Mesa

cardncubfan likes this.
  15. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

I actually liked Genisys. I'll probably watch this one as well.