Terminator: Dark Fate

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linda Hamilton Returns As Sarah Conner For Next Terminator Film

https://lrmonline.com/news/linda-hamilton-returns-as-sarah-conner-for-next-terminator-film/

Tim Miller (Deadpool) is set to direct what is perceived to be a reboot of some sort. While no synopsis has been revealed yet, writing credits for the screenplay are belonging to David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight Trilogy, Blade), Josh Friedman (War Of The Worlds, The Sarah Conner Chronicles), Billy Ray (Captain Phillips, The Hunger Games), and Justin Rhodes (Grassroots).

Terminator (2019) is expected to be released November 22nd, 2019.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not sure what to think. Definitely all in for the return of Sarah Connor, but Schwarzenegger was only in one shot in that teaser. Gotta think the official trailer will have more of him, but they really concentrated on the "human", or whatever she is...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that gave me chills. T2 is one of my favorite movies ever made. T3 I enjoyed, better than I thought it would be. Havent watched any of the others.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good to see Linda Hamilton having a prominent role in this film.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that was a very feminine looking dude, I guess its not a dude after I googled.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how the FX in these movies still pale in comparison to T2. This looks... cartoonish... and lame. Even the cinematography looks blegh.

And if they're really trying to tie it back to the first two movies, I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't use any of the classic original score to tug at people's nostalgic heart-strings.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sorry I just can’t. Looks like they got a really good team on this movie but good lord I’m just supposed to ignore all the garbage since T2( one of the greatest action movies of all time)

I mean it ended so perfect about as perfect as it could and they just couldn’t leave it alone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh... latest trailer had Sarah Connor uncork "I'll be back."

for the love of god... stop being cute with that line and just give the people what they want. The freaking TERMINATOR SAYING IT.

In T3 they did a version of it TWICE, with Arnold saying "She'll be back" about the terminatrix and then they doubled down on the stupidity with him showing up and uttering "I'm back!"

T Salvation John Connor used it and no one should ever ever mention anything about Genysis.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Genysis it was this line uttered by Sarah rather than the Terminator:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in. Let's hope Cameron was more than a passive participant. Honestly, these movies since T2 have failed to deliver because Cameron didn't give a crap about the franchise once he wasn't directly involved.

The FX above don't bother me. They are early. I bet they will be cleaned up before release.

Also, has the timeline changed? The inference seems to be she is no longer protecting John. So maybe Skynet changed the target. It's a tad confusing because it seems like they are sort of ignoring the other movies but in a way using the concept from the other movie. John specifically addresses that time can be changed by saying that things were different from what his mother described about the future from the tapes she left him.

If the timeline changed that begs the question how does Sarah know the timeline is changed?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in. Let's hope Cameron was more than a passive participant. Honestly, these movies since T2 have failed to deliver because Cameron didn't give a crap about the franchise once he wasn't directly involved.

The FX above don't bother me. They are early. I bet they will be cleaned up before release.

Also, has the timeline changed? The inference seems to be she is no longer protecting John. So maybe Skynet changed the target. It's a tad confusing because it seems like they are sort of ignoring the other movies but in a way using the concept from the other movie. John specifically addresses that time can be changed by saying that things were different from what his mother described about the future from the tapes she left him.

If the timeline changed that begs the question how does Sarah know the timeline is changed?
they have come out and said that this is basically T3 and you can throw all those other movies out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave