Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I have one and it is the only reason I get to watch anything. My problem is the total amount of time I can devote to TV. The TV is not allowed to be on when the little guy is awake.

Yep, DVR rocks. I got one just to see if I would use it, I got Cox to give me one for free for the first month and sure enough, after 3 weeks I couldn't live without it. Boy, they saw me coming a mile away. :D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand why it was canceled but anybody else feel like this show could easily make it on the Sci-Fi channel?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I understand why it was canceled but anybody else feel like this show could easily make it on the Sci-Fi channel?

No, for one reason alone..

Budget.

Sci Fi can't afford to make this show. If they took it, they would need to scale the budget down so much that it would not be the same as it was on Fox. I think Budget alone keeps any other network from being able to produce this show.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, for one reason alone..

Budget.

Sci Fi can't afford to make this show. If they took it, they would need to scale the budget down so much that it would not be the same as it was on Fox. I think Budget alone keeps any other network from being able to produce this show.

If this was the Sci-Fi Channel when it was new and just getting it's legs (like when it took SG1 and started producing BSG) I would agree. However, NBC-Universal has been pouring cash into the network for new programming every year (series and B-type TV movies). They could afford this show.

I don't think production budget would be as big an issue as licensing and rights. That's always complicated when switching networks.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I don't think production budget would be as big an issue as licensing and rights. That's always complicated when switching networks.

That's probably a huge part of it as well. All I know is I was hearing a lot about how hefty the budget was for this show. When Sci-Fi canceled Stargate Atlantis they also cited budget as a reason (in addition to the main reason of wanting to develop another SG show) which gave me the impression that Sci-Fi was a little weary of big budget shows. It's really all just speculation on my part though, it's the only reason I can think of why this show isn't even being shopped to other networks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson