Terminator: Dark Fate

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was another one. Back at that time my uncle was around a ton, he loved movies, he used to take me and my younger brother all the time. Those were two of my favorite experiences at the theater. I didn't see a ton of movies multiple times when I was a kid. However, when my uncle and brothers went to see those two movies it was a rare exception.

The only experience that tops everything was seeing a premier of Empire Strikes Back at the old Cine Capri theater. They had all of these wax figures of the characters that were behind glass that you could view as you were entering the theater. It was awesome!
yeah Aliens had lots of cool stuff too. It was really unique that the theater only showed one movie and the entire lobby would be decked out for that movie. I remember face huggers in glass jars, giant aliens and more. Super cool.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah Aliens had lots of cool stuff too. It was really unique that the theater only showed one movie and the entire lobby would be decked out for that movie. I remember face huggers in glass jars, giant aliens and more. Super cool.

My uncle's favorite character (and ours) was Hudson. I think he took us back at least twice just for that character. The movie ofcourse was awesome.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My uncle's favorite character (and ours) was Hudson. I think he took us back at least twice just for that character. The movie ofcourse was awesome.

I think mine was hicks. Whoever had the biggest and baddest gun.

Reaction score
Ouchie took me and my best friend (we were 14 at the time) to Town And Country for the Midnight Movie screening back when the movies actually only played at Midnight the day it was released.

that place was electric. favorite moment of the movie going experience was when the orderly licked Sarah's face and some dude yelled out:

"YOU SLIME!"

Why that was so funny, I have no idea, but it was. T2 was probably my third favorite movie experience ever.

Second best was again with Ouchie when he took me and my cousin to the Midnight premiere of BATMAN back '89. We were 13 and 12 years old, and we went with all of his fraternity brothers in Boston. That place was going crazy too. People had scripts with them, we waited on looooong lines to get in. Best theater moment for that one was towards the end when the Bat-wing soared into the air, through the clouds and hung PERFECTLY in the center of the moon. In that moment, the crowd ERUPTED with cheers and screams. Gives me chills just thinking about it. I remember getting back from that movie and my cousin and I just obsessed over it like the biggest nerds that ever nerded for hours.

But easily, my favorite movie theater experience has to be what I now realize is my first truly clear movie theater experience. I was 7 years old and somehow Ouchie (again) and Brother Not Ouchie convinced my parents to let them take me to see Risky Business... And the funny thing there was they first wanted to see Vacation, but my parents heard Christie Brinkley was kind of naked in a pool in that movie so, that was a no go... instead, they took the 7 year old to see the movie about a Tom Cruise becoming a High School Pimp with the hottest sex scenes legit movies had seen to that point.

We saw it at the Orpheum in Chicago and it was this INCREDIBLE massive old school theater with a huge balcony. We got there late and ended up sitting in the upper deck and the theater was so packed that we had to sit in the freaking aisles. Ouch did his best to hold his hand over my eyes for all the sex scenes.

I remember watching through his fingers and the more than anything, the moment during the party where Tom Cruise is interviewing with the Princeton admissions guy at the big party at the end. The interview ends and Cruise walks out and is asked how it went. When he answered: "Looks like it's gonna be University Of Illinois" that crowd blew the freaking roof off that place. Incredible movie experience.

Once we got back to our parents, they asked me how it was? my response:

"It was the best movie I never saw!"

I remember seeing Little Big Man at the drive in & my mom telling not to watch during the tepee scene.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terminator: Dark Fate

Release date: November 1, 2019
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Tim Miller
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Charles Eglee, Josh Friedman, Billy Ray
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi

Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Diego Boneta, Gabriel Luna, Natalia Reyes

Plot Summary: James Cameron and Tim Miller are treating the new movie as a direct sequel to Cameron’s "Terminator 2: Judgment Day." “We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story,” Cameron said. “We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters, but we’ll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it.”

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly dark fate getting bad early reviews...

I am a huge terminator fan 2 being my favorite

Ill see this one but ill wait for Netflix doesn't look worthy of going to theater sadly

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Ill see this one but ill wait for Netflix doesn't look worthy of going to theater sadly
Definitely worth seeing in the theater. Rotten Tomatoes has it 68% critics and 87% audience, so not sure what qualifies as "bad early reviews."

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's almost 7 out 10 in terms of reviews. How is that bad? The audience score is even higher?!?!!?!?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh a online YouTube reviewer said wasn't all that great

Awesome he was wrong think ill check it out

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was laughably bad.

the only good moment was: "I'm not calling you f'n Carl!"

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about to find out. Chap says worth seeing and Cheese says laughably bad.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The movie was extremely entertaining throughout and wastes no time getting into the action. The set pieces get bigger and bigger as the movie goes on.

Linda Hamilton is definitely still a badass, and MacKenzie Davis adds a little something as an augmented human. I thought she could provide many more story opportunities.

The way John Connor is placed in the story is unexpected, but very interesting -- leading to the new character Dani, who I liked as an actress except in one part of the film. The use of the original theme for Terminator was pretty good, if a little rare. I would have liked it to show up more.

And then of course, one of the big questions was about how to explain Arnold's presence in the movie when he was destroyed at the end of T2. They DO explain that and it makes sense.

I thought it was a worthy sequel, but not as good as it's two predecessors.

Spot on review. The movie jumped right into and was faced paced from start to finish. Good movie theater experience. Linda Hamilton was a badass and honestly the last couple movies missed her in them. Not to mention that parts of this movie felt very Cameron like. Agree with the above didn't see the John Connor moment coming. The movie overall was a worthy followup to T2. Much more so than the previous two films. This felt like a good book ending to those characters. It appears setup for a sequel but if ended here I could be satisfied. Will definitely add this to my home theater collection without hesitation.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

This doesn't surprise me actually. For example, my son and daughter had no interest in the movie. They both like sci-fi action movies but they didn't understand the big deal about the movie. They both wondered why a couple of the characters were older. They vaguely remember watching parts of the original but ultimately the movie didn't appeal to them. There was no nostalgia or link to the older characters for them. I figured it was going to be a hard sell to younger audiences.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I still remember to this day, seeing T2 in theaters as a young kid, probably like 9 years old with my grandmother. It was amazing. I need to see this in theaters.

Aren't grandmothers awesome!?!?!?!

From age 7 to roughly 15, my grandmother and I had a movie date each week in the summer back in the mid 80's/ early 90's. She took me to see movies like Red Dawn, Beverly Hills Cop, & Die Hard over many years. Some of my best memories with her. I will never forget my parents faces when she got me Beverly Hills Cop on VHS for Christmas. I was 10. hahaha I still have it in my living room.

I miss those times man. And loved hearing your similar story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From age 7 to roughly 15, my grandmother and I had a movie date each week in the summer back in the mid 80's/ early 90's. She took me to see movies like Red Dawn, Beverly Hills Cop, & Die Hard over many years. Some of my best memories with her. I will never forget my parents faces when she got me Beverly Hills Cop on VHS for Christmas. I was 10. hahaha I still have it in my living room.

my favorite memory was Grandma taking me to see Eddie Murphy Raw when I was 8.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember seeing kids in the hall brain candy with her. probably another one I shouldnt really have been at at that age.

I asked her about it the other day and she doesnt remember it, I remember it well. It is funny how just a basic thing you can do can create a lifelong memory for someone else.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

That is fantastic. When I was a teenager, I was often at my grandma's during the day, and early on got her away from her daytime soaps. She was pleasantly surprised to learn I loved old movies.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score

My grandmother, who doesn't drink smoke or swear, was very open to entrainment - even if she didn't agree with it

First time I watched Saturday Night Live was with her, she took me to some great comedies - most of which she enjoyed

However, the big thing was that she was my connection to stickered music - I would convince her it wasn't that bad and give her money and a list at the mall - she's oblige and I'm only assuming regret hey decision when she would have to hear it when I'd play it sound the house when shooting baskets or playing video games

She definitely didn't like it approve of what I was listening to....... But she always bought it

Shoot, she bought me The Chronic

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I just went and saw dark fate last night and......

It's friggin awesome! Go see it in theaters if you can. IMO an absolute worthy successor to T2. I thought it might be good and I left totally satisfied with it. Great movie.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spot on review. The movie jumped right into and was faced paced from start to finish. Good movie theater experience. Linda Hamilton was a badass and honestly the last couple movies missed her in them. Not to mention that parts of this movie felt very Cameron like. Agree with the above didn't see the John Connor moment coming. The movie overall was a worthy followup to T2. Much more so than the previous two films. This felt like a good book ending to those characters. It appears setup for a sequel but if ended here I could be satisfied. Will definitely add this to my home theater collection without hesitation.

Unfortunately, the way it did at the box office probably means this will be the last quality one. I would totally be in to see what happens with Sarah and the new girl moving forward too.

Then again...
"They would be hard pressed to have arnold involved again but maybe not, it worked perfectly in this one. I remember during the opening action scenes thinking how cool they are but how weird it was that there wasnt this major action star buff badass throwing people around. I stopped thinking about that shortly afterward.

lovvvvvvvvved it. Going to watch T2 with my kids and go see it again at pollack cinemas when it gets there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, for those of you who loved it, can I ask a couple questions? What was it that you loved? Did you really invest in the new characters and if so, why? Did you think the action sequences were something you've never seen before?

no judgement... just super curious because I feel like I saw a completely different movie than you guys did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA