Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'm expecting it to get canceled. Although I like the show, I realize that nothing short of divine intervention is going to save it at this point.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Well, that was an interesting episode, but this show still has writing issues. Agreed that it's pretty bleak it will be back next year. It's a shame - had potential. Also a shame fans would not get a series finale vs a season finale.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Yeah, there is no way they can wrap everything up in one more episode. The writers seem to be playing for the idea of another season, we'll see if the Network decides to agree.

On that note..

I'm going to miss Derick Reese. That character was cool. :(

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think this show just keeps getting better and better.

Really? Wow. It has been very underwhelming. There have been better episodes lately, but that's not saying much--instead of below average they have been plain average.

And Derrick's death was the worst way for him to go out--what is with the writers killing off characters without any excitement? First Charlie, now Derrick. He should have just wore a red shirt.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Really? Wow. It has been very underwhelming. There have been better episodes lately, but that's not saying much--instead of below average they have been plain average.

And Derrick's death was the worst way for him to go out--what is with the writers killing off characters without any excitement? First Charlie, now Derrick. He should have just wore a red shirt.

I agree.
Also with one episode left all of a sudden Savanagh becomes a story line? :shrug:
No continuity what so ever.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

I didn't like the way Derrick died either, but come on, the rest of the episode was friggin great.:D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't like the way Derrick died either, but come on, the rest of the episode was friggin great.:D

Average, far from great, IMO. It's hard to judge a mythology show on just a single episode. There has been one great episode this season, and it was a gimmick episode. It's the same problem that Heroes suffers from (although I think SCC is a better show).

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Average, far from great, IMO. It's hard to judge a mythology show on just a single episode. There has been one great episode this season, and it was a gimmick episode. It's the same problem that Heroes suffers from (although I think SCC is a better show).

I would like to know what you think is a great show. I almost always disagree with you on TV shows. Just a question.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I saw the last episode, but I agree with Chaplin, etc...the show has gone downhill this season...I completely lost interest. The whole storyline with that Garbage singer and the fired FBI guy...just makes no sense to me and I have no interest in it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I would like to know what you think is a great show. I almost always disagree with you on TV shows. Just a question.

Lost, Dollhouse, The Office, 24 this year. Carnivale, Deadwood.

Maybe you just read 2 threads because SCC and Heroes are the only 2 shows I've really blasted this year.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
last episode was pretty good just watched it on my dvr. courious to se what others thought about the last episode. seems like there writting off a lot of main characters.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
last episode was pretty good just watched it on my dvr. courious to se what others thought about the last episode. seems like there writting off a lot of main characters.

I have to admit I was a little surprised about Derek. By everything I read, he was a permanent addition to the show. So, that probably means that he asked to be released from his contract not thinking the show would make it or it's the writers last ditch attempt at refocusing the show by trimming down the number of characters.

I do not think the Derek thing was planned whatsoever.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The writers are killing off the best characters, so they are definitely winding down. Sarah will probably die next and who knows about Cameron.

Good thing we know at least one character will live.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost, Dollhouse, The Office, 24 this year. Carnivale, Deadwood.

I agree, but I could not get into Dollhouse, not because it was not good, but because having a infant son only allows me so mush TV time a week. I wanted to watch it, but I would rather keep the TV off when he is up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree, but I could not get into Dollhouse, not because it was not good, but because having a infant son only allows me so mush TV time a week. I wanted to watch it, but I would rather keep the TV off when he is up.

Do you not have DVR? I tell you, I can't figure out how I lived without it! ;)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed. I hardly ever watch live TV. I have 2 kids to chase after so if I didn't have a DVR I would never watch TV.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Dang. That was quite a season (series?) finale. The last 10 minutes certainly setup a heck of an interesting Season 3, if Fox greenlights it. Classic flip at the end that has you questioning the motivations of many of the main characters, plus massive time travel/possible paradox/alt future action. Good stuff.

Probably too little too late for this show, but would be cool to see where they go with it.

And Summer Glau is HOT! :)

Last edited:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Dang. That was quite a season (series?) finale. The last 10 minutes certainly setup a heck of an interesting Season 3, if Fox greenlights it. Classic flip at the end that has you questioning the motivations of many of the main characters, plus massive time travel/possible paradox/alt future action. Good stuff.

Probably too little too late for this show, but would be cool to see where they go with it.

And Summer Glau is HOT! :)

so thats it for the show (if they dont resign the show for a 3rd season)?

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
so thats it for the show (if they dont resign the show for a 3rd season)?

Yup - that was the season finale. Apparently the writers have said they wrote it as a season finale, but in a pinch it could serve as series finale if the show is not renewed. Mulling over how that works...

Important, because also apparently the odds are low it gets a third season. Moving to Friday night plus a string of lousy mid-season episodes probably did it in.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'm torn on this one because I was kind of hoping the finale just sucked so that I wouldn't care if it got canceled. Instead, I thought it was absolutely fantastic and now I'm praying for divine intervention to bring this show back. For every question they answered, they created 3 more and I would really like to see the story continue.

I know the chances aren't good that it will be back, but hopefully someone will give it another shot. This show does have a solid story line, one I would like to see continue. The best chance it has is that with this new Terminator movie coming out, if it does well enough, Fox might take a gamble and try to play off the success of the name while it's hot. Yes, I know the movie has nothing to do with the show, but if it does well and the Terminator franchise generates enough hype, you never know.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The ratings took a big hit, large in part due to the Friday night slot from the Monday slot it had during Season 1. I left the last episode scratching my head. I hope it continues, but I highly doubt it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the series finale. Easily one of the best episodes of the season. The time travel stuff was just icing on the cake. I mean the look on John's face when Sarah backed out of the time bubble was great.........

Also, obviously something they did changed the time line. They didn't know who John Conner was. Why? Derek said that "my brother is back"? Back from where? From the past? Did he fail in saving Sarah Conner? Therefore, John was never born? Was that the real girl that Cameron's Terminator was based on or was that Cameraon in the past.

So many implications and possible scenarios with that finale. Interesting to say the least was in one of the new Terminator Salvation trailers for the movie, the character John Conner makes mention that "something has changed, this is not the future my mother described". It sounds like the series was toying with a similar idea.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have one and it is the only reason I get to watch anything. My problem is the total amount of time I can devote to TV. The TV is not allowed to be on when the little guy is awake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson