jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, Here's Colton Kidd. He's LVL 13.

I'm focusing on Vision next.

I need to also add Confidence and Stamina.

attachment.php

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Oh. I had it in my head that it was 14.
Yeah - it would be cool to get him on board cuz my QB is not quite ready to handle the speedy wideouts yet.

Besides if Kal-el continues to play like lois lane then we may actually go with yer idea with bullseye as back-up QB fer the czars.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
FB Darth Phader lvl 9
C Ishmael Boorg lvl 9

Neither have boosted yet...but only because boosting isn't available yet.

I need a boost!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting List Position: 68
You must be registered for see images attach

As that # goes down does it mena the people above you have already been given their teams?

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
As that # goes down does it mena the people above you have already been given their teams?
It mean's were no. 68th in line of about 1000+ people to get a team.

They are most likely gonna make their move after day 40 - dishing out about 256 teams.
So we're good. :thumbup:

I purposely narrowed our choices to E. Euroupe, South America, and Oceania...the reason is to avoid getting a gutted "A" team in an existing league with no caps.

Hey D I dont have a contract for this guy yet. Should I accept one of the ones from a cpu team to start earning mony or just leave him shelved?
Take the money and train "aggressive"...after Day 40 we'll be in what they call the "offseason" inwhich I'll get contracts out the door.

This message is fer everyone as a simple reminder:

DO NOT BOOST YER GUY PAST 13 - TILL YOU GET ON THE GOTHAM KNIGHTS!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the money and train "aggressive"...after Day 40 we'll be in what they call the "offseason" inwhich I'll get contracts out the door.

Cool Ill take a contract then.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
State of the Game Address and the End of Season 3 Started by: Bort

BORT said:
It's that time again - end of the season! Congrats to all the champions! Offseason is here, teams are coming, and the FA market will be going crazy again, so get ready for it.

I've been hard at work all season making changes and additions to the sim code, including getting the new AI handler code ready to go, and getting all the plays created for all the new defense options.

The main changes with the sim to be on the lookout for in season 4 (let's see if I can remember them all haha):

- Ability to use 3-4, along with the new AI settings, obviously.
- Every single defensive play in the playbook has been replaced to go with the new AI settings.
- Kickoff team now stays in their lanes, punt team less likely to pause on punts
- Zone defense AI has been reworked, especially for over the top help - safeties should play over the top a little better an play less "match up" zone.
- Some pathing issues have been addressed: mainly the problems with RB's heading backwards sometimes when on elusive
- Acceleration is now more a function of agility than speed
- Run blocking has been improved; it should be a bit easier to push opponents back unless you are well overmatched. There's also a little more jostling going on.
- Wrap up tackling style is not as good, so get your tackling up. Your chance of causing a fumble is GREATLY reduced when using it. Power tackling has a better chance of causing fumbles.
- A good number of formulas have been adjusted to require some more support attributes to work out as well. These include catching, blocking, and breaking blocks, among various other things.
- Penalties: offsides and false start, holding, pass interference, facemask. I'm still fiddling with the frequency of them. Vision for O/D line is important to avoiding false start/offsides, among a few other things.
- Cruise control: When a team gets up be a large margin vs a lower leveled team, the players on the dominant team will play at a reduced level and use far less energy. This should help address the 200-0 blowouts where the winning team all ends up at 60 energy every time.
- Morale for overmatched teams: players who are lower leveled will not lose morale (on their morale bar) when they lose to a high leveled team, as it's expected. Should help with the morale spiral problem.
- There is a WR1, WR2, WR3, etc and CB1, CB2, CB3 position, as well as a Long Snapper position for punts.
- Various tweaks, bug fixes, etc.

Other changes that will start with season 4

- We are reworking team cash. You will no longer be able to go in the red from salaries, bonuses, etc. If you are in the red when training/salary payouts come around, you will not pay your players, and they will lose morale as a result. They will also have the opportunity to release themselves from their contract if you can't pay them for 3 days. You also will not be able to spend money you don't have with trades and signing bonuses.
- My inbox will be switching to a "whitelist" system. If you need customer support, use the Support link!

Current Teams

- Awards will get processed tonight after the last sims finish.
- Promo/Relegation will happen tomorrow morning.
- Due to the arguments made, we will be skipping promotion for Canada A this season. Because of this, we're not going to be doing any mid-season team releases any more, and this is a ONE TIME exception, so don't ask for it again. They will all be off-season.
- Canada A teams who had fewer home games will also get a cash boost; I'll get to writing the script to process it in the next day or two.
- Lv 13 caps will be lifted tonight after games finish.

New Teams

- We will be adding new "A" level teams to all leagues that are missing them, except Africa. That means Eastern Europe. South America, Oceania, Southeast Asia. That's 1024 teams, 32 leagues. They will all be capped at 13 to start.
- We are looking at adding some BBB's after that, possibly with a lower cap. More on that later if we decide to do it.
- I'll roll the new teams out over the first couple days of offseason.
- Chemistry rules are the same as last offseason: -1 for all transactions that normally cost more.

Level Cap changes with the New Teams
We're going to continue on to the next inevitable step with the hard cap idea for the teams we're adding this season:

- All new teams start out with a hard level cap for FA signings.
- Halfway through the season, we will raise the caps from 13 to 16 or so, depending on the levels in the leagues at that time.
- At the end of the season, the cap will be raised to around 20 or whatever makes sense with the current levels.
- In the following season, the cap will be raised at mid-season again to accommodate growth. Then it will be removed at the end of that season.
- It's possible we'll automate this to be based on league medians and updated weekly or something.

Offseason Length

- Will be at least 3-4 days, depending on how long it takes to get new servers set up and the new code rolled out, and to give new teams.
- We will be generating 2 pre-season scrimmage games for every team, so you can play with the new AI. These games will be randomly assigned. We'll start processing ticket sales at this time as well.
- Last day to boost for season 3 is the last day of the offseason. This is also the last day to do stadium construction projects for season 3.
- I'll send out the seasonal 100 FP bonus at the end of offseason.

What do we have on tap next?
I've got a few things in the works to roll out sometime during season 4, or maybe at the start of season 5 depending on how it goes and how much it affects the game. This stuff isn't done yet, and it's not all 100% hashed out, but it's next on the radar!

- The training system will be getting an overhaul:

Each player will have a "day planner" with which they can schedule different things to do with their time every day. This will include training attributes just like now, going shopping, going to team meetings, persuing endorsement deals, etc. Each thing you can do will cost cash and take energy away from the amount gained per day, but will give you different abilities to change your player's performance and morale, or your team's chemistry and teammate morale.

Intense training will cost less, will cost a little less energy, and will have a new bonus that you can't get with relaxed training. Basically, something to make it worthwhile and strategic to do something other than "relaxed" sometimes.

- One thing I think we are lacking is player recognition and reputation, as in "who are the big names?" Therefore, players will have a new "fame" rating.

You'll build up fame points over time for doing various things like playing well against similar or better competition, signing high value contracts, using certain training options (from above), etc. - basically the kind of stuff famous players do. Details aren't 100% hashed out yet. I'll probably do something to generate a base value for existing players based on their histories.

There will be a "most famous" page to compete with your friends over, haha.

Fame will help your player gain endorsement deals, command a higher salary, and high levels of fame will help you gain deals from top flight companies. Endorsement deals will give players access to special equipment that would not be available otherwise.

- The locker room attributes suggestion by Drifter is also something we'll be looking at to do in some form or another. I think it would be very cool to try and do something that gives players an option to be "team oriented" or "selfish" with bonuses and penalties for each.

- Scheduling "friendlies:" We've purchased some extra sim servers with the express purpose of using them for this. It'll cost 25 FP's per team to schedule the game, and we will probably give a free friendly or two per team per season.

- The ability to create a private forum (for guilds, etc) and allow/disallow access to various users. This was suggested a little while ago and I think it sounds like a cool idea to help build community. It'll cost some amount of FP's for the forum owner to create it, but nothing outrageous, like 100 FP's or something.

- I will revisit the sportsmanship score and get the league recommended levels posted, numbers tweaked, etc.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
This guy collected Bort's comments throughout that thread:

[B said:
turnit643][/B]

Just read through the thread.

If you don't want to, here are the questions answered so far ...

~~

Going into the red.

Everything sounds good, but do you think you could explain this a little bit more? It's sort of confusing. So, if someone is unhappy with a team they can just leave whenver they want? That doesn't seem beneficial or even fair to the owners at all.
>>> No, they can leave if they don't get paid (voiding the contract).

How many days? The very first day they don't get paid? 3 days after?
>>> Miss 3 days of payments and they can cut themselves.

OK, question from a players end now. If they come back on day 2 and take out a loan, do you get your back pay?
And one last one from Owners view. Can I go further into debt this offseason? Or do the money changes go into effect then?
>>> Hmm..didn't think of that actually. I guess it should keep track of back-pay owed and pay it at next rollover. Shouldn't be too hard to update.

As someone who's used the "no penalty for being in the red" in the past can you run season ticket sales before you pay salaries for Day1? I'm pretty sure the current order is salaries, then ticket sales.
>>> It does ticket sales first.

~~

Player performance

So....Do you really need a certain amount of strength and tackling to make power tackling more effective?
>>> If it makes sense, it's probably true.

… Can you say a word about playing out of position penalties for DEs playing LB in a 3-4 defense? I know that many NFL teams draft smaller, quicker DEs as ideal 3-4 LBers. Thanks!
>>> DE => OLB isn't a bad hit. I specifically thought of 3-4 when setting up the penalties.

Will injury's be added sometime season 4?
>>> Possibly, though we'll probably shoot for season 5 to give everyone a chance to prepare.

what is the deal about carrying being more important you didnt answer and im confused is carrying more important next season?
>>> A lot of formulas got tweaked, including carrying and break tackle skills.

Some worries about the changes on acceleration. That will be a hard impact for some builds and with slow leveling that will be difficult to overcome. i just hope you have no been too rough.
>>> I've been testing with players from the live site - it works pretty good.

Perhaps this has been clarified, or I may just be blind. In any event, are kickers getting the adjustment that was mentioned sometime in the midseason, making them less likely to nail 6 60 yarders in a game and all of that? I didn't see it on the list there. I suppose that may be covered in 'various tweaks/bug fixes' though

>>> Indeed...you need some good vision, etc to go with your 90 kicking, haha.

Will in game morale effect the amount of penalties you receive in the game? ...
>>> Yes, it can affect things, since it affects your stats that determine if you get a penalty.

Any thought into changing how Defense General works in a 3-4? As is, you'd get 2x the chance to get D-General to work yet D-line General will still work (since there's still a NT). It just seems like it unfairly punishes those who stay in a 4-3.
>>> You still only get one guy doing the Defense General Ability. One of the two ILB's will get their shot, randomly.

~~

Offense & Defense AI’s

you mentioned the defensive AI specifically (3-4 and playbook replaced), im assuming the offensive AI will be made available as well?
>>> Of course.

... Will the 3-4 and 4-3 be available to teams on a down & distance basis or can a team only use one or the other within a particular game?
>>> I've added that as an option, just not uploaded yet. Also I renamed the 3-4 Nickel and Dime to what they really are: 3-3-5, 3-2-6, etc.

Should we go ahead and set our 3-4 depth chart? Should we ignore filling the DT chart if we are going with 3-4?
>>> You do not need a DT for 3-4, but you need one for goal line formation!

... This is more for the offense...in the future is there any plans to in give even more options, say picking which HB we want to run inside/outside (so we can use a 2 back system), or which WR we want running streaks/quick routes? (etc, etc)
>>> Indeed there are more plans.

This might be a silly question, but who is the ideal player for the "Long snapper" position? Is it a center, or can it be anyone? Will it also require certain attributes, like good vision, in order to succeed?
>>> You should probably start a center.

My question is about the new offense and defense AI settings. Are they basically going live as they are now? If so it seems the defense has a big advantage. On defense you can choose an exact formation, but for offense you can only choose a 'play type' and 'play distance' (and we don't know exactly what those mean, I asked and didn't get an answer).
>>> I don't think it will be that big of a deal, tbh. Just because you can tell your defense to do something doesn't mean they will do it well.

~~

Player activities

... Awesome idea with the Fame and Endorsements. Question regarding this. Will high profile teams add more fame value. For example everyone knows the Cobra Kai and Chicago Mustangs. Will being on these popular teams increase fame and therefore raise the endorsement possibilities?
>>> If they win a championship and/or lots of games, and if they play in a top-tier league. Kind of hard to quantify "popular teams" otherwise.

Will past championships and player awards figure into this type of thing, or is it only going forward from the point it is implemented?
>>> Yeah, I figure I will have it generate a starting fame value based on the player's history, as it said in the OP.

I love the setting up of player activities, too, which may tie in to personality and fame determination.
>>> You read my mind...I'm thinking of something like Fable, etc, where the decisions you make build up your player's fame and reputation over time.

Some worries about famous bar... some users here don't need that for their ego. Does that will favorize again starter over back up? If so that's a shame

>>> I really think it will help add some needed "me time" for players. Players need something to focus on building up other than XP. It won't favor starters over backups - it's more based on the decisions you make with your player's progression, the teams he plays for, meeting milestones on stats, etc.

~~

New teams & league info.

what do you mean by hard cap on the capped teams. I have a level 14 player that I own that i want on my team. Can he sign?
>>> Not in a lv. 13-capped league.

Western Europe A Leagues last season were Level-13 capped. Will they fall under this plan or are they uncapped now?
>>> We're sticking to our word with the current leagues - they are getting fully uncapped.

What happens to a team that is promoted from a level capped league to a non-capped league. And then the reverse, will a relegated team become capped if it falls into a capped league during Season 2?
>>> Pretty easy to understand: promoted team loses cap, demoted team gains cap. Don't overthink it.

Can you clarify if sold teams or expansion teams will be given to the next person in line?
>>> It goes in order of team_id, so older teams first. Just set your settings to what you want.

How can we ensure we get a new expansion team with a cap at level 13? I've done all of my post-team recruiting based on the fact I'll get a capped expansion team. I've got all my choices at "A" leagues only, with 2 of those your stated in your first post as being released and the 3rd for any region. I'm 115 on the list if that helps.
>>> Only choose the new regions for your region selections. At 115 you won't run into any problems.

… Did u give any thought about even lowering the level cap for some leagues? Say down to 8-ish? If so, what was the thought process that eventually led to level 13 being the cap?
>>> We're looking at doing a BBB set with lower level caps, as mentioned in the OP.

Adding 1024 teams? People are having a hard enough time now filling out teams... I guess there's going to be a lot of CPU players?
>>> Maybe people should be willing to sign some low level players in lower leagues...There's tons of players out there unless you MUST have lv 20 guys. The whole point is to return to a player's market so it's a little more fun for them.

~~

Friendlies.

… what are friendlies?
>>> Friendlies are friendly scrimmage matches that you can play against another team just for fun.

... Something I'm a tad worried about. Those friendly games. Considering how if one person really wanted to squeeze in more games for their team to get them a lot more experience, one could potentially buy their way to a winning team. So how will experience be handled in friendly matches? Energy? Will it be treated like a scrimmage as we know it now?
>>> The same as current scrims, couple minor differences - no energy loss, no XP, no effect on streak/fan support, no income. All players play as if they started with 100 energy.

… in these "friendlies" will you be able to play against teams from totally separate leagues? I've always liked the that sort of idea.
>>> You'll be able to play anybody you want!

Hey Bort I have a question on the friendly games. When could we schedule(play) these friendly games, during the off season or during the season?
>>> It'll be during the season.

~~

Other.

… For the custom forums, can we buy a GM/owner forum that only GM's/owner's on a certain team can access?
>>> You will be able to make the forum whatever you want and invite whoever you want.

What does "My inbox will be switching to a "whitelist" system" mean
>>> That means I have to add a user to my "allow" list to get PM's from them. All other users are blocked. I just have too many PM's to read them all and I feel bad when people don't get a response from me.

Any idea on if Rivalries are still looking at being worked on?
>>> At some point - the focus is shifting to player-related stuff for now, though. Teams have enough to do haha.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Gotham Knights Update

Waiting List Position: 42
You must be registered for see images

attachment.php

STAFF
Finances: Jughead
QA/QC: Jkf296
OC: DCR/Donald
DC: Nathan/Cardinals.ken
ST: Jkf296
Recruiter: Nathan/Sprspck/Jughead
Scout: Sprspck

OFFENSE

QB Sgt. Rock
QB El Jefe Tiberon

HB Colton Kid
HB Gimmie Six
HB Chris Gisleson
FB Darth Phader
FB …………..
WR Taikento DaHaus
WR I-Catch Everything
WR Neito Riba
WR The J0KER Staying a Czar.
WR Jammin U'up

TE Shepherd German
TE Punishing Hands
C Ishmael Boorg
C Dirk "Wrecker" Garthwaite
OT Arkady Rossovich
OT Eilot "Thunder Ball" Franklin
OT Anton Chigurgh
OT Slided Bread

G Getoutamy Wayorpay
G Henry "Bulldozer" Camp
G Kl 'rt
G Runnophf Myhughass
G Brian "Piledriver" Calusky

DEFENSE
DT Jojo Kraco
DT Eraldo Coil
DT Plugging Da'hole

DE Dick Sutcliffe
DE Yurazz Ismine
DE
James "Logan" Howlett
DE Slade Wilson
LB Nikolai Fury
LB Offensive Porn
LB Scottie Oloawinski
LB Nathan Hodel
LB Aliwicious Jones
LB lee huch
LB Darryl "D.J." Smith

CB Capitan Planeta
CB Eric Swan
C
B Flash Green
CB Stuckto You
CB Cortez Gilbert

FS Plenty OfRange
FS …………..
SS Victor Creed
SS ****** Miller

SPECIAL TEAMS

K Shulkie Walters
P Stretchin D'afield
KR/PR
Eric Swan

I'm asking for patience when I get contracts out the door and the GM positions established.

In reviewing the various GLB threads on the expansion teams - I'm also making a request that we as a team hold off on triple boosting (maybe 1 is fine) till we get to determine the competition in our league.

My perspective is this - develop players first by taking advantage of the training co$t and experience gained...every three games we'll make an assessment and decide when to do it when the timing is right.

We want good "builds" out of the players.

On a side note I'm adjusting my players avatars with a little corner team logo...like this:

If you want one - just copy past yer guy on this thread and I'll take care of it for you. :)

On a side note - I think it would be best if I keep the J0ker on the Czars to help keep things stable in the passing game.

Last edited:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
QUESTION-

I understand the cap is lvl 13. So when you get the team and sign a player who is currently at 13, can said player use his remaining boosts for season 3 since he is already on the team? For example Sutcliffe is at 13 now, when his is signed, can I boost him to lvl 15?

I ask because his contract doesn't expire until season 4 day 1. I was going to wait it out, but if I can boost this year, I'll request a waive.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
QUESTION-

I understand the cap is lvl 13. So when you get the team and sign a player who is currently at 13, can said player use his remaining boosts for season 3 since he is already on the team? For example Sutcliffe is at 13 now, when his is signed, can I boost him to lvl 15?

I ask because his contract doesn't expire until season 4 day 1. I was going to wait it out, but if I can boost this year, I'll request a waive.
Yes you can boost after you sign with the Knights...boost before and yer SOL.

We'll figure the transfer between teams after we get our new team.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea when the team is going to drop? Shouldn't new teams form at the beginning of the offseason to allow new owners to make moves???

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea when the team is going to drop? Shouldn't new teams form at the beginning of the offseason to allow new owners to make moves???

The league that the team Scottie was on started the regular season half way through the season. The first half were all scrimmage games.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score

Just checking in - nothing yet. Maybe tonight or tomorrow morning.

Per this guy:

Bort
Admin

Jul 22, 2008 17:28:37

- Promotions/Relegations processed. Some new teams will be added soon.

My first priority will be getting the GM's signed up then start dishing the contracts for the players.

I can tell you this - we're gonna probably be in the toughest East European AA #1 (our future promotion destination) and highest ranked AA leagues around....the initial group of owners I'm seeing look pretty solid.

But hey gotta beat the best to be the best.
:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort