TEAM "A"...name TBD.

Position

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Like I said earlier in another thread - I will most likely get a Team next season...about 30 days from now.

Pretty much I've narrowed the focus for an "A" Team with a Cap lvl 11. The Cap mean's the teams can't sign guys higher than 11....which is perfect for developing players.

My role is pretty much going to be more Owner handling the financing (I want to break out of the gates by putting the money to work on the stadium)...So I will need 3 GM's (OC,DC,ST).

With the new AI offensive and defensive settings...it will definatly be a good way to get some experience...and have some fun. There isn't a "max" of how many GM's...so I imagine that number will grow as the newbie players get more familier.

Before I release anything to the general ASFN populas...I want to give you guys a chance to confirm with me which position you want to be yer "guy".

I dunno if we'll have enough guys to fill up a team - so its okay if you want more than one....but its kinda important that yer "guy" be called so we can weigh in the depth charts.

For example I may just build 5 guys just to add depth to bump out the CPU players....but I certainly can't afford the "boosting" costs...4 of those guys would be considered "fillers".

Just click on the poll info which position you want to play and post him as your primary guy.

Keep in mind that after we complete our first season - I'm moving my NT and K onto the team...there won't be any level restrictions then....but thats down the road.

I already have 2 guys in the CPU leagues...but my primary guy is this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Lv. 1
Sergeant Rock (QB)

The other player is more a 3rd WR type of guy:

Lv. 1
The J0KER (WR)

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Side notes:

Pariah's got dibs on the MLB slot....Also if his lvl 9 OT (anton chigugh) qualifies by season's end - we'll probably transfer him over.

jkf296 also has a HB (Colton Kidd)...that will also transfer over...if he qualifies of course.

Remember the lvl 11 cap rule for the initial season...if you have somebody on the czars that you want to transfer over - post it here.

I'll have to look at it case by case...cuz I want to leave plenty of slots open just to start developing.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lv. 7
Scottie Oloawinski (LB)

I have been developing this guy. He should not be over level 11 by then.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I did the math and if I don't train, I may barely get in. Depending on XP from games, it'll be by ~50 .

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Cool the team is alredy coming together...a bit of an odd bunch though. :mulli:

Note to those developing their guys in the CPU league - you don't have to cash in on yer flex points.

Holding off will still keep your training costs the same. This is a great way to "train" up while leveling up.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
lol...avatars alone this team has an attitude....oky maybe sutcliffe can do a makeover or something...

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Just so I don't screw this up, If Sutcliffe is at lvl 11 with 600 XP he CAN be on the team. Correct? Anything over 11 is a no?

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Just so I don't screw this up, If Sutcliffe is at lvl 11 with 600 XP he CAN be on the team. Correct? Anything over 11 is a no?

Actually I read it was level 13...so I think yer good. :thumbup:

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
Skill Points And Training

Reminder: Note to those developing their guys in the CPU league - Don't distribute yer skill points when you level up.

Holding off will still keep your training costs and skill points the same.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.

This is a great way to "train" up while leveling up. I'm doing this fer both my entry level guys...and its actually kinda nice.

When we get the team we can then assign some "training coordinator" to review everybody's player to come up with a personal development guide.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reminder: Note to those developing their guys in the CPU league - Don't distribute yer skill points when you level up.

Holding off will still keep your training costs and skill points the same.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.

This is a great way to "train" up while leveling up. I'm doing this fer both my entry level guys...and its actually kinda nice.

When we get the team we can then assign some "training coordinator" to review everybody's player to come up with a personal development guide.

I'm not sure I agree with this strategy completely. If your stamina isn't up, then you're not going to be in the game. More plays=more XP

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd have to talk it over with Czars management, but Shepherd German and Eric Swann will probably both be level 12-13 at the end of the season.

Eric Swann actually gets in the game for a few plays at CB, so management might be reluctant to let him go. Part of me would be interested in seeing what a player with 80 speed (which he will have after boosting in S4) would do in an A league.

Shepherd German on the other hand is probably more expendable since Rasputin has high endurance. Last game was the first since the Dungeoneers game that he actually was in on offensive plays. He now just plays on the KRS.

I also have two players in the D-league operating off a dupe account on my work computer. They are Nathan Hodel (LVL 4 LB) and Uni Bar (LVL 3 P). They're both unboosted and I'm not sure if I will boost them or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree with this strategy completely. If your stamina isn't up, then you're not going to be in the game. More plays=more XP
The CPU teams are more distributing the plays so stamina hasn't been an issue with my guys.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
I'm at no. 231.

We're a lock for a new team starting next season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can move I-Catch over. He isn't getting enough burn on this team.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
A Team Roster

Okay - this is where the roster stands. I know there are some more players looking to jump on - I'll update this later.

I took the poll information and assigned that person the "primary position"...no. 2, 3, and 4 players will be assigned based on level afterwards. Also if new ASFNers jump on we need to be accomadating.

Keep in mind that this list isn't 100% - meaning we need to protect the Czars. That's our major league team that we want to take championship with.

So we'll have to review players on a case by case basis.

A Team Roster said:
QB (JUGHEAD)
Sgt. Rock

HB (JKF296)
Colton Kid

FB (CARDINALS.KEN)
Darth Phader

WR (DCR)
I-Catch Everything (WR)
Taikento DaHaus (WR)
Neito Riba (WR)
The J0KER (WR)