23-24 Season Win Prediction

How many games will this years Suns win?

• Under 41 - Miss the playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42-48 - Play-In team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Provided another trade isn't made, our roster appears set. Inevitably guys will miss some time due to injuries and such, which will effect the teams record as a whole but that's unavoidable. I don't want to get into where this team will go in the playoffs, that's another topic entirely. How many wins do you think this squad will accumulate?

If you have any predictions other than team success, such as All-Star, All-NBA, or other award nods then put them here as well.

I set the poll to close in 2 months, so if you need more time, have at it but it will close about when camp starts.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was kind of torn around 55-56 wins. I think they'll coast once they hit 50 wins as we've grown to see regular season is just an extended practice to the postseason. I don't think we'll see anyone fighting hard for anything post 50 wins, and when that's achieved could be good or bad. Going into cruise control isn't bad but if they're in it too long then it can be hard to snap out of it.

I think Book and KD are All-Star's with Booker getting an All NBA nod if he can hit the 65 game requirement.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I went 49-55. Denver only went won 53 games. I don’t think we should even try to push for a 60 win season. Just do enough to maintain 1st and rest our guys along the way.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went 49-55. Denver only went won 53 games. I don’t think we should even try to push for a 60 win season. Just do enough to maintain 1st and rest our guys along the way.

That's why I added the descriptions. Historically that's usually what those records indicate. We could have another weird year where the West is all bunched up and #1 barely surpasses 50 wins but it could also be one of those years where a 50 win team misses the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s where I landed. I’m not just going to ignore KD/Beal’s injury concerns just because they’re wearing Suns jerseys.

And this team will likely need time out of the gate to figure itself out.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Back in 2013-14 we had that year with Hornacek as coach where we won 48 games and missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker. Last year we won 45 games and were the 4th seed. What a difference a decade makes.

Edit - wasn't a tiebreaker, came down to the wire and Mavericks ended up a game ahead of us, 49-33.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Assuming a fairly healthy season, I could see anywhere from 50 to 65 wins. Really just depends on how fast these guys gel and get on a roll.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Predicting a 71% winning percentage aka 59 or 60 games - only because teams will be fighting for homecourt

Bonus Round: 3 different Suns make the All Star game - would only be the 4th time in Phoenix history

1980-81
Walter Davis
Truck Robinson
Dennis Johnson

2004-05 & 2006-07
Steve Nash
Amar'e Stoudemire
Shawn Marion

2023-24
Bradley Beal
Devin Booker
Kevin Durant

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Predicting a 71% winning percentage aka 59 or 60 games - only because teams will be fighting for homecourt

Bonus Round: 3 different Suns make the All Star game - would only be the 4th time in Phoenix history

1980-81
Walter Davis
Truck Robinson
Dennis Johnson

2004-05 & 2006-07
Steve Nash
Amar'e Stoudemire
Shawn Marion

2023-24
Bradley Beal
Devin Booker
Kevin Durant

I woulda sworn that KJ, Marjerle and Barkley did it once, but I guess Majerle and KJ kept alternating.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find this prediction to be near impossible. First off I do expect Durant to miss a bunch of games, and probably Book and Beal as well. Second I have no idea what the plan is as far as giving them time off. Third I honestly don't know our new players other than Gordon well enough to even judge how they will perform at this point. Forth I have the strong feeling - but no proof this team is not going to care much at all about winning regular season games, I think they will be entirely focused on the playoffs.

So my guess is 55 wins but honestly I think the possible range is 40-72 wins.

What I will say though is this team should have the strongest 5 man lineup in Suns history, and should be one of the strongest ever in the NBA.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I find this prediction to be near impossible. First off I do expect Durant to miss a bunch of games, and probably Book and Beal as well. Second I have no idea what the plan is as far as giving them time off. Third I honestly don't know our new players other than Gordon well enough to even judge how they will perform at this point. Forth I have the strong feeling - but no proof this team is not going to care much at all about winning regular season games, I think they will be entirely focused on the playoffs.

So my guess is 55 wins but honestly I think the possible range is 40-72 wins.

What I will say though is this team should have the strongest 5 man lineup in Suns history, and should be one of the strongest ever in the NBA.
They are going to try for homecourt advantage IMO. Everyone knows playing in Denver sucks so they will absolutely want to not have to play more than 3 games there if possible.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm gonna go +65, games, anything less is bush league.
If you want to be a Super Team ya kinda have to be Super.
I'm looking for the Suns first 187pt game to beat the 83 pistons record.
P.S. Fan IS short for Fanatic.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
DraftKings has the over-under at 51.5, which looks a shade low to me. Before looking it up, I was thinking 52.5 or 53.

Things would have to go pretty badly for them not to break 50, whereas approaching 60 seems not too unlikely if they can stay moderately healthy.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am going to say 50-ish wins. I think all the main guys will miss some time, and I really don't think they'll be chasing some records when it comes to the regular season. I also do think it will take a while for everything to gel properly. I have a feeling Frank will experiment with different things throughout the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they win 60, but I don't expect them to.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm thinking the floor is 50, with @Chaplin's belief it could be more. I don't think with the talent we have, even in a tough western division, we would be below 50. Plus we do play Eastern Conference, etc. Looking forward to Spurs games.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm thinking the floor is 50, with @Chaplin's belief it could be more. I don't think with the talent we have, even in a tough western division, we would be below 50. Plus we do play Eastern Conference, etc. Looking forward to Spurs games.

If we win less than 50 games something is VERY efing wrong.
I am not ok with that! We did not make changes like this for 50 wins.
We didn't say goodbye to Cam and Cam and Mikal and Jae and CP3 and Dario and Monte and Stix and Jalen LeQue to win 50 games.

WE ARE ALL IN! There IS nothing else.
As it looks atm this is the team we will go to WAR with THIS year!
Anything less than the complete and utter dominance of the rest of the NBA will be considered a failure.
Buckle up Ninnies!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have tied specific scenarios to the # of wins because in any given year it could more or less wins that could win a division for example. So, just going to vote on the # of wins which I am saying is 56 to 61 becuase I think some guys will miss time. If the team stays relatively healthy? I could see them easily get 60+.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Obviously, lots of variables could affect the actual outcome, but strictly on paper, they are a 58 to 62 win team, IMO. That's factoring in the overall competitiveness of the West.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
I just don't want Suns to be so hyper focused on winning every game (i.e. 2 years ago), that they refuse to give adequate rest to the 4 key players as well as allowing some deep bench players the chance to gel. At the expense of some losses. Monty really blew it when he didn't at all have to. Suns had like a 7 game lead on the 2nd best team in the league. All for naught. Try to stay at a better win rate than Denver with their altitude advantage. Everyone else should be somewhat beatable in the playoffs.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
59ish is my guess. Gelling time and the inevitable dings and injuries will keep it around that number of wins.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need 1Sun to return and explain why this squad won't win 41 and miss the playoffs. I'd be interested in how he'd spin it. I'm sure injuries would be mentioned but IIRC he also had an irrational hatred for Point Book.