Who's in the rotation?

Who else is in the rotation (choose up to 4)?

• Udoka Azubuike

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Keita Bates-Diop

Votes: 41 80.4%
  • Bol Bol

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Jordan Goodwin

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Keon Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Damion Lee

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Saben Lee

• Nassir Little

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Chimezie Metu

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Josh Okogie

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • Ish Wainright

• Yuta Watanabe

Votes: 50 98.0%

• Total voters

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm assuming that these players are locks for the rotation: Booker, Durant, Beal, Nurkic, Allen, Gordon, Eubanks. I think Okogie is not a lock because he shoots poorly and I can see him possibly being squeezed out.

The regular-season rotation will be no more than 11 players, and even that is a stretch. Injuries and garbage time will mean that more than 11 see the floor, but no more than 11 can count on regular minutes (and I'm thinking 9 or 10 is more likely).

So, after the seven listed above, who are your next (up to) four?

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That last spot was really hard. I think Yuta, KBD and Okogie are locks. But that 4th spot? I looked at Bol Bol, Nassir LIttle and Jordan Goodwin, so I just chose Bol Bol because of his size and Little and Goodwin might be redundant compared to the ones you have on your lock list.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That last spot was really hard. I think Yuta, KBD and Okogie are locks. But that 4th spot? I looked at Bol Bol, Nassir LIttle and Jordan Goodwin, so I just chose Bol Bol because of his size and Little and Goodwin might be redundant compared to the ones you have on your lock list.
I agree, it's difficult. I think Okogie is out. The roster has too many similar players who are better than he is. I chose Goodwin because he's the only PG on the roster, and I chose Bol because the Suns are thin up front and he's worth a serious look.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree, it's difficult. I think Okogie is out. The roster has too many similar players who are better than he is. I chose Goodwin because he's the only PG on the roster, and I chose Bol because the Suns are thin up front and he's worth a serious look.
Okogie is a wild card, I'd agree, however he's a proven defender playing on a team with a coach that values defense. Goodwin plays defense as well, but he's not lauded for it like Okogie is. That's the reason I put Okogie ahead of Goodwin, I just think he's a Vogel player and he had some good stretches last year.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Oh damn I thought this this was some kind of pothead puff puff pass thread

(Diop and Yuta?)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol I had the same conundrum and chose Jordan because of his defense. Wouldn’t be surprised to see those three rotate based on matchups.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't see it...the only player like Okogie appears to be Allen. Okogie is the superior defender, and Allen the better shooter.

If Okogie is hitting 3's, he's more valuable. I think he still can learn - he's only 25.

I voted KBD/Okogie/Yuta/Goodwin.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't see it...the only player like Okogie appears to be Allen. Okogie is the superior defender, and Allen the better shooter.

If Okogie is hitting 3's, he's more valuable. I think he still can learn - he's only 25.

Those were my 4

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Guys like Azubuike/Bol/Little/Metu are all kind of in the same bucket for me...physically talented but need to learn how to play basketball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Okogie better have planted his ass in the corner at the gym all off-season. If he can become an even moderately dependable 3 point shooter, that would be a huge bump for this squad.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Okogie better have planted his ass in the corner at the gym all off-season. If he can become an even moderately dependable 3 point shooter, that would be a huge bump for this squad.
He was really bad at the end of the year, but he had earned the starting spot earlier in the year with solid 3 point shooting and surprising creation. He was one of our better players at getting to the rim at times, which was unexpected.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think five of those players will be in the rotation at various times:

Keita Bates-Diop, Little, Goodwin, Okogie, and Yuta.

Agreed, I didn't vote Little but I think it's pretty much a toss up between him and those other guys. I think Goodwin get in more based on positional need.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yuta and KBD locks, Okogie should be very worried. Darkhorse of sneaking in is BolBol.

Either Lee's are expendalble at this point, Keon and Ish are probably waived.

Goodwin, Metu and Azibuke are for depth and depending on matchups.

I think Little or Goodwin takes over Okogie's spot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like I agreed with most except I had Bol over Okogie primarily because there are more minutes available for bigs right now--especially with Nurkic health history.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goodwin is out. We already have 4 guards in front of him.

I think talent wise he might might be in the top 10, but due his lack of size he's not getting regular minutes.

Little, Okogie, Bates Diop, Bol, Metu, and Yuta are fighting over four spots, two will be left out.

My bet on those 4 are Okogie, Bates Diop, Yuta, and Bol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think KBD is a lock and might as well be listed with the Eubanks, Allen, Gordon bunch. I will go farther and say he'll be the 5th starter more often than not.

The other 3 I chose were Little, Yuta, and Okogie but really feel like Okogie is on the bubble and will probably fall out of that spot based on matchups when Bol Bol or Goodwin or even Metu get more of a look.

I think Little's ability to play PF and having a contract beyond this season almost guarantees him a spot at the back end of the rotation, which is why I have him ahead of Yuta who is more skilled but Little will see time first because of position need.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think KBD is a lock and might as well be listed with the Eubanks, Allen, Gordon bunch. I will go farther and say he'll be the 5th starter more often than not.

The other 3 I chose were Little, Yuta, and Okogie but really feel like Okogie is on the bubble and will probably fall out of that spot based on matchups when Bol Bol or Goodwin or even Metu get more of a look.

I think Little's ability to play PF and having a contract beyond this season almost guarantees him a spot at the back end of the rotation, which is why I have him ahead of Yuta who is more skilled but Little will see time first because of position need.
I watched a video on Little from a Portland fan reviewing his season last year and it really concerned me. He basically said he had regressed at everything last season - especially defense and rebounding and that he played like a minimum player. He said he had very little creation ability for himself or others. The only positive he had was his 3 point percentage improved, but he said that actually the last 2 months he shot that poorly as well.

Essentially he ended the video saying maybe this was due to his hip injury, but that he would be fine if Portland traded him away.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I watched a video on Little from a Portland fan reviewing his season last year and it really concerned me. He basically said he had regressed at everything last season - especially defense and rebounding and that he played like a minimum player. He said he had very little creation ability for himself or others. The only positive he had was his 3 point percentage improved, but he said that actually the last 2 months he shot that poorly as well.

Essentially he ended the video saying maybe this was due to his hip injury, but that he would be fine if Portland traded him away.
Now you're making me really sad.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure at the start of the season we will be playing almost everyone a bit, but I think when the dust settles it will be:

Booker, Beal, KD, Diop and Nurkic

Gordon, Eubanks, Allen and Okogie as the main reserves.

Yuta will probably see situational minutes, especially if we're losing and Okogie is shooting like garbage. I also think Yuta will be this year's "foreigner fan favorite" which tends to get guys out there a bit more.

The rest will likely get a lot of "DNPs" and garbage time. Of those guys, Goodwin is the most likely to break into the rotation, probably bumping Okogie out of it.

But there will likely be a lot of opportunity for guys to get time filling in for injured players or when Grayson Allen gets suspended.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If you look at his per minute stats they’re pretty similar to last seasons.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now you're making me really sad.
Well if this makes you feel better, I just watched the PHX podcast, and Flex said Little was playing hurt all last year with core muscle and hip issues and that athletically he wasn't the same. He now thinks he is healthy - so maybe he will be good. We can only hope.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure at the start of the season we will be playing almost everyone a bit, but I think when the dust settles it will be:

Booker, Beal, KD, Diop and Nurkic

Gordon, Eubanks, Allen and Okogie as the main reserves.

Yuta will probably see situational minutes, especially if we're losing and Okogie is shooting like garbage. I also think Yuta will be this year's "foreigner fan favorite" which tends to get guys out there a bit more.

The rest will likely get a lot of "DNPs" and garbage time. Of those guys, Goodwin is the most likely to break into the rotation, probably bumping Okogie out of it.

But there will likely be a lot of opportunity for guys to get time filling in for injured players or when Grayson Allen gets suspended.

I think Yuta and Allen battle it out for the 7th spot after Gordon.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you look at his per minute stats they’re pretty similar to last seasons.
Yeah, but according to the guy on the video he lost like 10 inches from his vertical and guys were blowing past him on D last year, and he was wondering if injuries had ruined his athletic advantage he had previously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard